Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 3,091 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,234 reviews
on May 8, 2013
After trying on my first pair of Go Walk shoes, I knew I was going to wear the heck out of them. The color I really wanted, the black Wavelength (multi-colored soles, very cute) are absolutely sold out by every vendor in the world, so I bought a navy blue pair at a local store and started looking for black.

My size was not available locally, so I ordered from Amazon. They came, they are just as comfortable as my blue pair, and I am mostly happy. . .but they are different in some minor ways.

I didn't notice while ordering, but the pair I ordered is the Go Walk 2. Here are the differences from the original Go Walk:

The fabric is rougher. I don't feel it inside the shoe, but the look on the outside is sportier, and I don't think I will wear them with summer skirts and dresses, as I had planned.

There is something blockier about the look of the shoe. The vamp is higher on the top of the foot and the toe box is slightly wider.

Again, I will wear these shoes happily. But in my search for more colors (yes, this is an obsession now!), I will make sure I buy the original Go Walk version. They are just cuter!
11 comment| 187 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2014
I know I need to exercise, and the exercise of my choice is walking. I have "difficult" feet to find shoes for, they're rather wide and I have a high arch. I've tried Grasshoppers, Keds, Dr Scholl's, Easy Spirit, Sperry's, Earth Shoes, Clarks, Aerosoles, all trying to find the perfect shoe for me. While all the others have been tolerable, my feet have always hurt somewhat at the end of the day after wearing all the other brands. Some brands stress the ball of my foot, others are a tad too narrow and squish my toes, some rub the heel...nothing major, but nothing has truly been comfortable, just tolerable. I thought I'd just have to resign myself to having chronically tired feet.

Until I tried on a pair of Skechers.

I swear, as soon as I slipped my foot into my Skechers, the sun came out from behind the clouds, small woodland creatures came out from hiding to frolic about, and a sweet little flock of birds gently placed a halo of flowers on my head. There was also a chorus of angels singing somewhere in the distance. I was too busy crying tears of joy to pay attention as to where.

These. Shoes. Are. Heaven.

The gang at Skechers are obviously in cahoots with the angels, because they have some sort of agreement with the angels not to allow anyone's feet to touch the ground while wearing them. I don't walk anymore, I am transported down the walking path on a cloud of sheer unadulterated comfort by delightful little cherubs, hired by Skechers. You can't see them, of course, but my feet know they are there, oh yes, they do.

I serenely wave at passers-by as I float by them. I stop random strangers on the walking path to tell them how comfortable these Skechers are, and how delightful the cherubs that convey me and my happy feet down the walking path are.

These shoes are as lightweight as a cloud conveyed by cute cherubs should be. I bought four more pair (in different colors) and will be bringing them on an upcoming trip. They weigh next to nothing and I actually hate to take them off at the end of the day. There is NO "breaking in" period, they are heaven right out of the box. They gently hug my heels, caress the balls of my feet and kiss my toes. I've always liked my daily walk, but now I LOVE my daily walk. My feet are like two little puppies now, eagerly panting at the door to hurry up and let's go WALK!

Can you tell I love these shoes?
33 comments| 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2014
I recently placed my third order for Sketcher's Go Walk 2 shoes with the mesh uppers. I wore my first pair for three weeks in SE Asia this fall and, although I packed some lightweight canvas Sebagos as well, the Sketchers were so great I never removed the other pair from my suitcase.
What's great? The soles are cushioned and work well on temple floors and climbing stairs at ancient ruins so I am sure they will be fabulous kicking around town. The mesh uppers are cool while protecting the feet from dust and dirt; I don't wear sandals as I don't like having dirty feet all day from street grime. And the stretch fabric moves with the foot and is forgiving in heat and humidity when the foot might swell. The design is sophisticated enough to wear in urban areas without marking one as an "American tourist in running shoes and chinos."
One needs to be careful that they buy the fabric they prefer since there are a bevy of shoes with different fabrics, all called Go Walk 2. The maker really should do something about that confusing marketing.
88 comments| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2013
They have No break in , like wearing slippers with arch support. Dressier than tennis shoes and less money than Toms.
on June 23, 2016
Took these on a trip traveling across Ireland. They were more comfortable than my tennis shoes! I think I used my tennis shoes once and then just used these and the sandals I brought. And we were walking upwards of 20,000 steps a day. SO COMFORTABLE I still have them and that trip was 2 years ago. Once (or if ever) they fall apart, I'm totally buying new ones.Highly recommend.
on March 25, 2016
The most perfect shoes ever made for my feet! (I have very flat feet with no arch, a wee bit wide). I wear a 7.5 normally and the 7.5 in these are a perfect fit. These are actually my second pair - and very hard to find since I don't think Skechers makes them anymore. I completely wore out my first pair wearing them at least 4-5 times a week. Just super, super comfy and help me stay more active during the days since I'm not bothered by any foot pain. Put them on and forget about 'em! :-D Oh, also the seller was great and these arrived right on time with no problems!
on January 31, 2014
Bought these for our trip to Disney in November, and absolutely love them! Wore these all day at the park (8am-midnight) and my feet didn't hurt at all. These are my second pair (have another in the hot pink) and will keep buying them. They are the most comfortable and more importantly light weight shoe I've ever worn. Easy to slip on and can be worn with socks or without. Due to the stretchy material they give a little more room and are not overly tight. I am a true size 8 and they fit fine. Will recommend over and over! Hope they make more colors!
on June 17, 2017
These new versions are much less comfortable, and not as good looking. You practically need a shoe horn to get these on because they've made the foot hole so small. The fabric is very tough, and wearing these for any amount of time causes foot pain. Very disappointed since the earlier version was soft, the memory foam was excellent, and they slipped easily on and off. I will start a search for another shoe company that makes quality, and abandon sketchers after purchasing six pair in the past two years.
on July 14, 2014
I purchased my first pair locally and took them to Europe. I wore them a lot in the 4 weeks we were traveling. They are super light weight, slip on easily (love the hole in the back of the heel that allows you to pull up as you are sliding your foot in so that you don't worry about breaking the heel down over repeated slip ons). My feet are BABIES, wimps in every regard (super blister prone and begin to feel pressure or ache with most shoes). I wore these for short periods with no socks and most of the time with very light weight ankle socks (to be sure I didn't get blisters from the very slight roughness in the inside stitching). My guess would be that the majority of people are less blister- prone and could wear this shoe bare foot with no problem. They are very comfortable- but do not have really structured support- especially arch support so I did not wear them on the days we were planning to walk miles and miles. But they were my go-to shoes any other time. I love them so much I ordered a second pair for myself and a pair for my mom from Amazon. These shoes run large. I normally wear a 7.5-8. I went down to a 7 so I could wear light weight socks. A 6.5 would have worked if I planned to wear them sockless. Hope that helps as far as sizing goes.
on June 26, 2016
Very comfortable and feel supportive while walking. I bought a pair of Skecher's slide on mule type shoes with these and they have absolutely no arch support while walking. These do.

I bought two pairs of these Skechers, and I am obviously allergic to the shoes. Maybe it is the memory foam. Since buying, my feet have red scaly looking skin all around where the shoe touches --no itching though. My neighbor is finding exactly the same thing. I tend to be someone who has sensitive skin, but I have never reacted like this. I have been reluctant to believe this so stop wearing them and my skin improves so I do believe it is the Skechers. So mine are going into the trash. My feet are so red from these shoes it is embarrassing.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.