Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on June 16, 2013
After having knee surgery my mom purchased these Skechers Go Walk shoes for me. I need ergonomically comfortable shoes that are easy on my knees for walking yet that look fashionable enough to wear everyday. I am usually brand loyal to Merrell shoes, which I love. I have owned Skechers before, and while they are a fine sneaker for most people, I really didn't find them to be easy enough on my weak knee for long walks. These Skechers Go Walk shoes, however, changed my opinion of Sketchers shoes!

1) They are so cushy - I live in NYC and can walk for miles in these shoes without aggravating my knee. The soft rubber sole seems to provide a slight spring to my step. And the shoe hugs my feeet comfortably.

2) They fit true to size- I ordered my typical size and they fit perfectly. They are comfortable and not too tight. Yet, I can still easily and quickly slip them on and off. Also, my foot does not slide around in them when I walk. They are probably the best fitting slip on shoe that I have ever owned.

3) They wash and wear nicely - I have them in black and they don't attract dirt. However, since I don't wear socks with them I have tossed them in the washing machine to clean them and they have come out perfectly clean while still retaining their original shape and fit.

In sum, I was very skeptical that a slip on shoe made by Skechers could be ergonomically designed well enough to allow for pain free walking with my bad knee. However, Skechers Go Walk shoes are amazing! They are cushy, with a great fit and a fashionable look. I am impressed that they still look and feel great despite almost daily use. I highly recommend them for anyone that wants a comfortable and nice looking slip on walking shoe.
305 people found this helpful
|77 comments|Report abuse
on June 14, 2013
These are great shoes. My only wish is that they came in a wide width. The shoes do run true to size, however if you want to wear socks they will have to be thin socks. I am going to get another pair!!
73 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on January 24, 2014
These shoes are amazing! So comfortable and extremely lightweight. They wash up beautifully in the washing machine and left to dry. An added bonus, if you live where it snows, they are slip proof. I actually have bought 4 pair so far!
37 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on October 19, 2014
So, everyone thinks that I am crazy. I cannot stand shoes. My feet feel suffocated, and then I cannot breathe. For most of my life I have tried to stay as close to barefoot as possible, but as I get older my back is not as forgiving and my feet hurt without shoes. So then I begin straying to sandals. My feet can breathe, but my back is screaming. I saw an ad for the Skechers Go Walks. They looked fun and pretty. I have never paid much for shoes for myself, and I cringed as my husband and mother demanded that I spend money on myself.

I am so glad that I did. I feel like walking on clouds. My feet are not suffocated, but feel like they are barefoot, but the floor is soft. The support and the heel make my back feel better than it has in years. Now I am fighting with myself to not buy one in every color. The fit is on target. The arch support is great. Some have said that the vamp is too low, but my foot issues include ingrown nail problems that do not allow me to wear shoes tight on the front of my foot. These shoes did not give any issue, and were some of the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn.
5 people found this helpful
on July 23, 2017
Now, these might not be the cutest shoes in the world, in fact my husband thought they were water shoes or something at first (haha), but they're so comfortable and are great for walking around. I had a business trip to DC, and these were great for walking around the city and walking to my conference before changing shoes. I didn't even have to break them in!
I wear anywhere from a 9 to 10 depending on the shoe and the width, so I ordered a 9.5 and they worked great.
3 people found this helpful
on August 3, 2017
Wonderful! To say that I have problem feet is an understatement. Medical conditions have made wearing shoes very difficult and my husband has a standing joke of me ordering shoes and sending them right back. Not these. I put them on, took a few steps expecting the usual negative experience, but hooray they didn't hurt..anywhere! I wore them that afternoon to an appointment and had no pain from wearing them. So pleased!
2 people found this helpful
on April 24, 2015
I am addicted to these shoes! I am one of those folks to kick their shoes off as soon as they walk in the door, but not with these. I put them on in the morning and am still wearing them come evening. Yes, it is hard to believe but they are that comfortable. Expensive for certain, but well worth the price. Only issue I have with them is when you wash them they tend to leave those rusty marks on the fabric that just will not wash out. I have discovered the cure for that however. I tried the Rit Dye Color Remover. A quick rise in that solution and the rusty marks are gone and the shoes dry clean and looking good as new. It also whitens the white sides and bottoms to new condition.
3 people found this helpful
on September 1, 2017
I didnt like these walking shoes as much as the more "full coverage" styles. The more open top of these shoes means that they don't stay on very well while walking. I ordered my usual shoe size and these barely stay on my feet while I walk. The other styles, by contrast, fit true to size and stay on well.
The Sketchers walking shoes are AMAZING but I dont recommend this particular style. Opt instead for rhe styles that are more "full coverage".
One person found this helpful
on December 23, 2014
With plantar fasciitis, this was all I could wear all summer long. Had bought these in mint green color and wanted another pair to wear with other outfits. They were the only thing that allowed me to walk in the morning with painful PF. I'll be wearing these again next summer. Like walking on clouds! Oh, and if they get grundgy, I sprayed with "Shout" and brushed a light coat of "All Free Clear" detergent on them, threw them in washer to sit overnight, ran load of laundry next day with sneakers in. Came out just like new and smelling fresh as a daisy!!!
4 people found this helpful
on March 14, 2014
Highly, highly recommended. After hours of researching reviews and other information, I finally bought these shoes to use for a 6-week+ trip to Europe in fall, 2013. I expected to do lots of walking, and wanted something that would be comfortable, supportive, etc. -- versitle to wear in many situations and with many outfits -- and more stylish than weaing tennis shoes. I had noticed this particular shoe had been frequently mentioned and praised in travel websites, and had good reviews at Amazon.com, so eded up buying. I was so glad of this purchase, it FAR exceeded my hopes and expectations!!! Here are some of the ways this shoe is outstanding:
* Lightweight -- ultra light but yet still very durable and can take heavy walking.
* Breathable - I hardly ever wore socks, but feet stayed dry, not sweaty, no odor.
* Padding and comfort -- very nicely padded and very comfortable. When I first put these on, it seemed so cushioned it almost felt "wobbly" on my feet, like highly padded slippers, and I almost didn't take this shoe to Europe as a result. But the padding was just wonderful in the end, foot felt highly supported but also "pampered" by the superb cushioning.
* Ease of putting on -- extremely easy to slip on and off (also made it nice to wear on the plane).
* Great gripping sole - very good, secure, non-slip sole. Great for walking on all surfaces.
* Also sole handles snow and ice well!!! -- This is obviously not a winter shoe, but in milder winter weather (and non-deep snow) I often wore it this past winter. Usually in winter I often wear snow boots just for the sake of their better grip in slippery conditions. But these shoes were amazingly good on snow and ice.
* Quick dry - light weight dries fast when shoes get wet.

After wearing these shoes for 6.5 weeks of heavy walking in Europe, and then wearing them about 75% of the time for 5 more months after my return, outer shoe and soles still look in good condition -- although inner lining started to wear through some time ago. Shoes are still very comfortable. However, I have decided it is time to replace, and just today ordereda second pair . . .
WOULD HIGHLY, HIGHLY RECOMMEND