Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on June 16, 2013
After having knee surgery my mom purchased these Skechers Go Walk shoes for me. I need ergonomically comfortable shoes that are easy on my knees for walking yet that look fashionable enough to wear everyday. I am usually brand loyal to Merrell shoes, which I love. I have owned Skechers before, and while they are a fine sneaker for most people, I really didn't find them to be easy enough on my weak knee for long walks. These Skechers Go Walk shoes, however, changed my opinion of Sketchers shoes!

1) They are so cushy - I live in NYC and can walk for miles in these shoes without aggravating my knee. The soft rubber sole seems to provide a slight spring to my step. And the shoe hugs my feeet comfortably.

2) They fit true to size- I ordered my typical size and they fit perfectly. They are comfortable and not too tight. Yet, I can still easily and quickly slip them on and off. Also, my foot does not slide around in them when I walk. They are probably the best fitting slip on shoe that I have ever owned.

3) They wash and wear nicely - I have them in black and they don't attract dirt. However, since I don't wear socks with them I have tossed them in the washing machine to clean them and they have come out perfectly clean while still retaining their original shape and fit.

In sum, I was very skeptical that a slip on shoe made by Skechers could be ergonomically designed well enough to allow for pain free walking with my bad knee. However, Skechers Go Walk shoes are amazing! They are cushy, with a great fit and a fashionable look. I am impressed that they still look and feel great despite almost daily use. I highly recommend them for anyone that wants a comfortable and nice looking slip on walking shoe.
77 comments| 304 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 14, 2014
Highly, highly recommended. After hours of researching reviews and other information, I finally bought these shoes to use for a 6-week+ trip to Europe in fall, 2013. I expected to do lots of walking, and wanted something that would be comfortable, supportive, etc. -- versitle to wear in many situations and with many outfits -- and more stylish than weaing tennis shoes. I had noticed this particular shoe had been frequently mentioned and praised in travel websites, and had good reviews at Amazon.com, so eded up buying. I was so glad of this purchase, it FAR exceeded my hopes and expectations!!! Here are some of the ways this shoe is outstanding:
* Lightweight -- ultra light but yet still very durable and can take heavy walking.
* Breathable - I hardly ever wore socks, but feet stayed dry, not sweaty, no odor.
* Padding and comfort -- very nicely padded and very comfortable. When I first put these on, it seemed so cushioned it almost felt "wobbly" on my feet, like highly padded slippers, and I almost didn't take this shoe to Europe as a result. But the padding was just wonderful in the end, foot felt highly supported but also "pampered" by the superb cushioning.
* Ease of putting on -- extremely easy to slip on and off (also made it nice to wear on the plane).
* Great gripping sole - very good, secure, non-slip sole. Great for walking on all surfaces.
* Also sole handles snow and ice well!!! -- This is obviously not a winter shoe, but in milder winter weather (and non-deep snow) I often wore it this past winter. Usually in winter I often wear snow boots just for the sake of their better grip in slippery conditions. But these shoes were amazingly good on snow and ice.
* Quick dry - light weight dries fast when shoes get wet.

After wearing these shoes for 6.5 weeks of heavy walking in Europe, and then wearing them about 75% of the time for 5 more months after my return, outer shoe and soles still look in good condition -- although inner lining started to wear through some time ago. Shoes are still very comfortable. However, I have decided it is time to replace, and just today ordereda second pair . . .
WOULD HIGHLY, HIGHLY RECOMMEND
on July 23, 2017
Now, these might not be the cutest shoes in the world, in fact my husband thought they were water shoes or something at first (haha), but they're so comfortable and are great for walking around. I had a business trip to DC, and these were great for walking around the city and walking to my conference before changing shoes. I didn't even have to break them in!
I wear anywhere from a 9 to 10 depending on the shoe and the width, so I ordered a 9.5 and they worked great.
on April 9, 2015
Great comfortable shoe. Can slip them on very easily, no need for hands. Not sure if it's because of the very low tongue (so not as much of your foot is covered) but these shoes are almost on the borderline of being too big. They're quite comfy, but I could almost see myself accidentally kicking one off and sending it flying some day. For day to day use though, running around town doing errands, perfect shoe! So comfy! I wouldn't wear these if I was out walking on rocky or uncertain terrain, because my foot slips around in them too much, and I would worry about turning an ankle. Not that most people would reach for these shoes to go on a hike or something, anyhow.

You can't really wear socks, unless you have those really tiny socks that barely cover your toes and are super duper annoying (I have some god help me), without looking really dorky, so hopefully the built-in sock layer does what it's supposed to do, to keep your foot from sweating and stinking up the shoe. So far, so good on that account.
on April 2, 2015
I am a Skechers fan, big time. I have a few pairs of the Go-Walk Slip On style and didn't think it could get any better. I do a lot of walking in the woods and need a shoe that is light weight, but sturdy enough to manage safely the walk through the branches, stones and occasional divots in the path. The only thing that bothered me a bit was the less than stylish appearance of the Slip-on Style. So I tried the Go Walk 2 Axis Fashion shoe. Just GREAT! It's a simple, but very nicely designed shoe hat can be dressed up or dressed down. And it's as comfortable (maybe even more comfortable) as the Slip On style. Size wise, I am between an 8 and a 7,5. I wear an 8 in the Slip On, but based on reviews, ordered the 7.5 for the 2 - Axis Fashion and it's a perfect fit. I probably will order more pairs in other colors.

UPDATE: I recently sprained my foot and these shoes saved my life. I am confused by the negative reviews re: support. With an ace bandaged foot and significant swelling, these shoes got me through the rehab period providing great support and comfort throughout...the alternative was an orthopedic boot.
on August 10, 2013
Bought these shoes for our trip to Disney world...and it was absolutely the best purchase I've ever made as far as walking shoes...most people said not to wear flip flops...so I used this as an alternative and so glad I did! Great support and cushioning...lasted all day through each park!! Love it and highly recommend!
11 comment| 132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 13, 2014
I liked these fine, although they tended to hold snugly to the front of my foot and let the heel area slip.
There are inserts for that. But my physical therapist took one look at the soles and flunked them.
Too much sole grip, she says. They are so grippy, you don't get enough information from the surface you are walking on.
That won't apply to everyone, but it matters to people walking on unfamiliar terrain and lookimg for a safe shoe.
So would recommend for walking on prepared surfaces.
on September 27, 2017
I purchased these for my 76 year old grandmother. She absolutely loves these shoes. She says they are very comfortable and easy to put on. I will recommend these shoes for any adult
on March 22, 2015
I work a part time job in retail, and my left hip starts to hurt - badly, after a few hours standing and walking and running around the store. These give my feet some room to breathe, I've heard the wide toe area was good for comfort. I still get the hip pain but I suspect that's not going to go away, but these lessen it considerably. After a five hour shift I have no problem. It used to be, with Tennis shoes or Toms (oh god, why did I wear toms) that after an eight hour shift I could barely move. I feel a little bit like I've been hit by a truck after three days of eight hour shifts, but my hip only feels a little bad and it's a HUGE improvement. If you're looking for good work shoes these are great. They get pretty smelly though.
on September 17, 2017
Fit as expected, but the materials used has changed, compared to my previous purchases of skechers go walk the sole of this one is hard, it feels like there's no memory foam in it and the fabric is quite rough.
I've been wearing skechers go walk in the office (daily) for almost 3 years and i am certain that the materials has changed
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.