Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 16, 2013
After having knee surgery my mom purchased these Skechers Go Walk shoes for me. I need ergonomically comfortable shoes that are easy on my knees for walking yet that look fashionable enough to wear everyday. I am usually brand loyal to Merrell shoes, which I love. I have owned Skechers before, and while they are a fine sneaker for most people, I really didn't find them to be easy enough on my weak knee for long walks. These Skechers Go Walk shoes, however, changed my opinion of Sketchers shoes!

1) They are so cushy - I live in NYC and can walk for miles in these shoes without aggravating my knee. The soft rubber sole seems to provide a slight spring to my step. And the shoe hugs my feeet comfortably.

2) They fit true to size- I ordered my typical size and they fit perfectly. They are comfortable and not too tight. Yet, I can still easily and quickly slip them on and off. Also, my foot does not slide around in them when I walk. They are probably the best fitting slip on shoe that I have ever owned.

3) They wash and wear nicely - I have them in black and they don't attract dirt. However, since I don't wear socks with them I have tossed them in the washing machine to clean them and they have come out perfectly clean while still retaining their original shape and fit.

In sum, I was very skeptical that a slip on shoe made by Skechers could be ergonomically designed well enough to allow for pain free walking with my bad knee. However, Skechers Go Walk shoes are amazing! They are cushy, with a great fit and a fashionable look. I am impressed that they still look and feel great despite almost daily use. I highly recommend them for anyone that wants a comfortable and nice looking slip on walking shoe.
77 comments| 297 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2013
Bought these shoes for our trip to Disney world...and it was absolutely the best purchase I've ever made as far as walking shoes...most people said not to wear flip flops...so I used this as an alternative and so glad I did! Great support and cushioning...lasted all day through each park!! Love it and highly recommend!
11 comment| 131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 13, 2014
I liked these fine, although they tended to hold snugly to the front of my foot and let the heel area slip.
There are inserts for that. But my physical therapist took one look at the soles and flunked them.
Too much sole grip, she says. They are so grippy, you don't get enough information from the surface you are walking on.
That won't apply to everyone, but it matters to people walking on unfamiliar terrain and lookimg for a safe shoe.
So would recommend for walking on prepared surfaces.
on July 25, 2016
I ordered These shoes for my wife, and since my wife is heavy and her skin is very sensitive I was afraid of the suitability of these shoes to her, but she was surprised by the softness of These shoes, and the comfort they offer for her feet, so she can wear them all day long without any pain or discomfort, the only problem she faced with the shoes are the internal lining as it frayed and stranded after 5 or 6 uses, other than that the shoes look comfortable and excellent for long walks, and I would recommend it strongly, and I will order them for myself soon.
on September 17, 2017
Fit as expected, but the materials used has changed, compared to my previous purchases of skechers go walk the sole of this one is hard, it feels like there's no memory foam in it and the fabric is quite rough.
I've been wearing skechers go walk in the office (daily) for almost 3 years and i am certain that the materials has changed
on July 18, 2017
love this for comfort, not the look. I wish they had a little lower cut, but they are great comfortable shoes. Going to Disney, and wanted to have a shoe that would take me thru the park. I am a senior, so they will be fine. My friend recommended these.
on June 30, 2017
I really like these shoes but I will say the soles get hard fast- I was surprised. I have now limited them to indoors only. I have RA and I thought they would be perfect all around. They are good- the cushion just didn't last. (Maybe 3 weeks)
on April 2, 2015
I am a Skechers fan, big time. I have a few pairs of the Go-Walk Slip On style and didn't think it could get any better. I do a lot of walking in the woods and need a shoe that is light weight, but sturdy enough to manage safely the walk through the branches, stones and occasional divots in the path. The only thing that bothered me a bit was the less than stylish appearance of the Slip-on Style. So I tried the Go Walk 2 Axis Fashion shoe. Just GREAT! It's a simple, but very nicely designed shoe hat can be dressed up or dressed down. And it's as comfortable (maybe even more comfortable) as the Slip On style. Size wise, I am between an 8 and a 7,5. I wear an 8 in the Slip On, but based on reviews, ordered the 7.5 for the 2 - Axis Fashion and it's a perfect fit. I probably will order more pairs in other colors.

UPDATE: I recently sprained my foot and these shoes saved my life. I am confused by the negative reviews re: support. With an ace bandaged foot and significant swelling, these shoes got me through the rehab period providing great support and comfort throughout...the alternative was an orthopedic boot.
on April 9, 2015
Great comfortable shoe. Can slip them on very easily, no need for hands. Not sure if it's because of the very low tongue (so not as much of your foot is covered) but these shoes are almost on the borderline of being too big. They're quite comfy, but I could almost see myself accidentally kicking one off and sending it flying some day. For day to day use though, running around town doing errands, perfect shoe! So comfy! I wouldn't wear these if I was out walking on rocky or uncertain terrain, because my foot slips around in them too much, and I would worry about turning an ankle. Not that most people would reach for these shoes to go on a hike or something, anyhow.

You can't really wear socks, unless you have those really tiny socks that barely cover your toes and are super duper annoying (I have some god help me), without looking really dorky, so hopefully the built-in sock layer does what it's supposed to do, to keep your foot from sweating and stinking up the shoe. So far, so good on that account.
on March 24, 2014
I have had to return (to Zappos) a pair of water resistant Go Walk style shoes, but all of the stretchy ones with a tight mesh look are winners. That said, the sizing is inconsistent between the various Go Walk styles, and the order I place that included this low cut model also included a beige / tan Go Walk in the loafer or boat shoe style. They were just a tad oversized, but fit my mother well so rather than return them, I gave them to Mother.

I have a foot that runs narrow though not as narrow as it did up through my 30s or 40s. Now I can wear a narrow running Medium in a size 8...sometimes an 81/2 in a lace up athletic style. What often happens is that closed shoes are too wide in the heel and my shoes will slip. Not so in most of the Go Walk styles...but the 'engineered' models (identified that way) are the best fit and offer the most support.

The structure of the foot bed combined with the little independently moving 'bumps' on the springy sole work to stabilize my foot, while also providing amazing flexibility, so that I can walk on the river rocks in my flower beds and not feel the rocks (amazing!) or have my foot or ankle 'turn'...I feel at age 70 completely at ease walking on the rocks and uneven ground. The wider heel base is a large part of that stability. My flat arches are happier if I insert a half foot Orthaheel arch silicone support when I'm going to be on my feet a lot, but so far these lower cut shoes are offering plenty of support with no support added, and I have no discomfort in my big toe joints (osteoarthritis), no burning arches, no return of plantar fascitis, no slipping at the heel and no turned ankles. What more can I ask!....well...maybe I could ask for a truly dressy shoes that offers such wonderful comfort.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.