Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Skip Hop Crib Mobile, Alphabet Zoo
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on February 24, 2013
Since my 3 month old loves the Alphabet Zoo Soft Activity Book I decided to buy this mobile. It's cute, fun, nice to look at. Easy to put together. My baby loves watching the animals go around. However, one star off because the clamp does not fit onto our crib, and does not adjust to various lengths (I had to buy a separate clamp). And a second star off because the music plays WAY TOO FAST for my taste.

Here is the link for the separate attachment I used: [...]
on December 10, 2012
Straightforward. Simple. Engaging. Great.

- It is stylish without being over-worked. The animals are cute without being too cutesy. The colors are vibrant and the patterns are fun, but the theme doesn't overpower the other elements in his nursery. It blends well with the other colors in the room. It's about 12" in diameter, so it doesn't overtake the whole crib.

- Our baby, who is about 2 1/2 months old is definitely engaging with it and enjoying it. He will happily look at it for several minutes and seems to like the alphabet song that plays. The music is pleasant and not annoyingly electronic like some other baby toys with sound.

- It was super easy to put together - two quick clicks and a hook and we were in business. No screws or other hardware required.

- We are able to hook it onto the side of the pack n play as well as his crib so we can move it around depending on whether we're on the first or second floor of our house.

- The music uses a crank to wind-it up, rather than a battery. Although this means that the music will only play for short intervals (maybe 3 minutes or so), it's nice to have a toy that doesn't require breaking into a childproof plastic container when the batteries need to be replaced. My 3 year old daughter can work the crank and start the music.

Also, if you're into DIY projects, it may be helpful to know that the mobile piece is attached to the pole with a simple hook. We may keep the pole attached to the side of his crib and swap out the mobile piece for other home-made mobiles (artwork, photographs, other toys) as our son gets older and is interested in new things. The mobile's design makes that very easy.

Like so many Skip Hop products, it gives you just what you're looking for, without a bunch of stuff you don't need.
on January 14, 2014
This is a great mobile - very cute! However it is only compatible with cribs whose top rail (where you would secure the mobile to) is no more than 2.75" tall.

We have a DaVinci Kalani crib, which is a very widely available, popular crib (it's actually the #2 best selling crib on Amazon! And it's available at most brick and mortar stores too). Unfortunately, this mobile will NOT fit that crib. The top rail on the Kalani is about 3" tall.

For a substitute, all of the Carter's mobile (Jungle Jill, Wildlife Musical, etc) fit nicely and have room to spare for even bigger rails too.
on October 15, 2013
Our 3 month old baby loves this mobile. And his infatuation with it started about a month ago! So far, it's the only baby item he loves. We can turn it on and he happily plays by himself while smiling and cooing the entire time! I would have given it 5 stars but when you wind it up, it only plays for about 5 minutes. Wish it went longer so I didn't have to constantly wind it up. Otherwise very happy!
on September 17, 2013
This is a nice mobile and functionally I have nothing bad to say about it, but I would caution people to make sure that it will fit your crib. The way my crib is designed, the mobile will not attach properly...
on January 5, 2014
This really made the finishing touch on our nursery. It looks just like it does in the photo. It was easy to assemble and attach to the crib. Once the baby can stand up you can no longer use it the way it is now but I guess you could hang it from the ceiling if you wanted. The song portion is cute but it is a wind up and only lasts a few minutes.
on December 5, 2014
We just took this down and are so sad to see it go (especially my son who kept trying to play with it). It has been a wonderful addition to our nursery for the last year. The music box still plays really well (and we used it EVERY night...many nights multiple times) and we never had to reposition it-once it was up, it stayed in place perfectly. We are confident we can use it for any more children we might have and will look forward to using it again!
on October 26, 2013
I didn't realize when I registered for a crib that it had to be compatible with mobiles. I just assumed all mobiles fit all cribs. That was my mistake! The crib that we got is a sled crib which has uneven/thick panels on all sides so if you don't have a standard crib, maybe this isn't the best mobile for you. This mobile doesn't fit sled cribs. I believe that the part that attaches to the crib is only up to 5" so if the side panels are more, it won't fit your crib. The quality of the mobile was one of the better ones I have seen. I don't know anything about the music portion because we never tested it. We ended up returning it because our son was already 3 months and its recommended that you take all mobiles off by 6 months because infants can pull it down and potentially choke on it.
on June 10, 2015
I was extremely disappointed with this purchase for two main reasons.
1. When you wind it up to play the song, it plays the song on fast forward until it's about to run out and stop. With snow globes it plays the song at one speed, the normal pace you would hear a song at, but not the P.O.S.
2. The machine part that you wind up is also supposed to spin a small hook that attaches the animals it, but that doesn't spin.

Besides the two main purposes this item is suppose to serve, at least it looks nice. Do not buy this product unless you want to wind it up 2 to 3 times to change one diaper. Or if you feel like wasting money then this is the item for you. I wish my wife did some research and read reviews before buying this.
on February 15, 2013
This mobile is adorable and I want to give it five stars for that. The animals are very cute and colorful without being gaudy, and the music is so sweet--just as you'd imagine babies to love. But our baby has been indifferent to the mobile from day one. We kept it basically because we love how it looks and sounds, and we keep hoping he will grow to like it too... but he barely looks at it (and he is a very curious baby). I'm not sure why... but it *is* a lovely mobile.