Industrial Deals Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on February 24, 2013
Since my 3 month old loves the Alphabet Zoo Soft Activity Book I decided to buy this mobile. It's cute, fun, nice to look at. Easy to put together. My baby loves watching the animals go around. However, one star off because the clamp does not fit onto our crib, and does not adjust to various lengths (I had to buy a separate clamp). And a second star off because the music plays WAY TOO FAST for my taste.

Here is the link for the separate attachment I used: [...]
12 helpful votes
13 helpful votes
33 comments|Report abuse
on October 15, 2013
Our 3 month old baby loves this mobile. And his infatuation with it started about a month ago! So far, it's the only baby item he loves. We can turn it on and he happily plays by himself while smiling and cooing the entire time! I would have given it 5 stars but when you wind it up, it only plays for about 5 minutes. Wish it went longer so I didn't have to constantly wind it up. Otherwise very happy!
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
on April 10, 2014
So this product just broke again for the second time in 9 months. My daughter is 9 months old and loves this mobile. After the first 3 months, the piece that attaches the music dial to the mobile broke. I love the style of Skip Hop, so contacted the company and was content when they sent me a new mobile. But now it has happened a second time. I am very careful to hold the base of the music dial while I turn it, and it still managed to break again. My daughter is not at a stage to be able to move from the crib sides to the mobile, so I know for certain it is not her pulling on the mobile. I am completely disappointed in Skip Hop at this time. I have a lot of their other products e.g. their playyard and play mat and they tend to get pilly right away. Love the style, but don't think they are very well made.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on October 26, 2013
I didn't realize when I registered for a crib that it had to be compatible with mobiles. I just assumed all mobiles fit all cribs. That was my mistake! The crib that we got is a sled crib which has uneven/thick panels on all sides so if you don't have a standard crib, maybe this isn't the best mobile for you. This mobile doesn't fit sled cribs. I believe that the part that attaches to the crib is only up to 5" so if the side panels are more, it won't fit your crib. The quality of the mobile was one of the better ones I have seen. I don't know anything about the music portion because we never tested it. We ended up returning it because our son was already 3 months and its recommended that you take all mobiles off by 6 months because infants can pull it down and potentially choke on it.
on January 19, 2017
The mobile looks quite nice. There are two issues with it - 1) the length of the song after you wind it up the whole way is quite short, I would hope for longer 2) with the way it screws on it only fits on a thin crib. My crib (leander) and my mothers crib (graco) were both too thick to put the back of the giant plastic screw on to keep it place, not ideal.
on August 20, 2016
Good for the price and looks very cute but yes like everyone says the music does play waay to fast. Would also be nice if it continued playing and had auto shut off after some time. It only plays for about 40 seconds if that.
2 helpful votes
on January 8, 2017
I bought this to match my child's nursery theme. It's completely ADORABLE. however, the music is fast-paced and no where near soothing. If anything, it would get my baby excited and not ready for sleep. If the music, timing of music, and duration (very short melodies) were corrected, this would be a great product.
on December 21, 2016
Overall a nice looking mobile, easy to attach to the crib. The winding is nice so you don't have to worry about cords or batteries. Minus 1 star because it only runs for a max of 5 minutes when completely wound so I need additional distractions for baby until he falls asleep.
on January 9, 2017
Nice mobile, but we need a height extender. We're using it over the changing table, not the crib. Some mobiles have an extra extension piece to adjust the mobile higher or lower, but not this one. The mobile itself is nicely made and attractive, doesn't scream plastic.
on December 5, 2014
We just took this down and are so sad to see it go (especially my son who kept trying to play with it). It has been a wonderful addition to our nursery for the last year. The music box still plays really well (and we used it EVERY night...many nights multiple times) and we never had to reposition it-once it was up, it stayed in place perfectly. We are confident we can use it for any more children we might have and will look forward to using it again!