Top positive review
8 people found this helpful
Engaging and Easy to Use
on December 10, 2012
Straightforward. Simple. Engaging. Great.
- It is stylish without being over-worked. The animals are cute without being too cutesy. The colors are vibrant and the patterns are fun, but the theme doesn't overpower the other elements in his nursery. It blends well with the other colors in the room. It's about 12" in diameter, so it doesn't overtake the whole crib.
- Our baby, who is about 2 1/2 months old is definitely engaging with it and enjoying it. He will happily look at it for several minutes and seems to like the alphabet song that plays. The music is pleasant and not annoyingly electronic like some other baby toys with sound.
- It was super easy to put together - two quick clicks and a hook and we were in business. No screws or other hardware required.
- We are able to hook it onto the side of the pack n play as well as his crib so we can move it around depending on whether we're on the first or second floor of our house.
- The music uses a crank to wind-it up, rather than a battery. Although this means that the music will only play for short intervals (maybe 3 minutes or so), it's nice to have a toy that doesn't require breaking into a childproof plastic container when the batteries need to be replaced. My 3 year old daughter can work the crank and start the music.
Also, if you're into DIY projects, it may be helpful to know that the mobile piece is attached to the pole with a simple hook. We may keep the pole attached to the side of his crib and swap out the mobile piece for other home-made mobiles (artwork, photographs, other toys) as our son gets older and is interested in new things. The mobile's design makes that very easy.
Like so many Skip Hop products, it gives you just what you're looking for, without a bunch of stuff you don't need.