Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Assassins Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 242 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 306 reviews
on August 10, 2014
I read the reviews and most were saying the wooden ring would break easily. But my daughter loves owls so for the price I ordered anyway. When it arrived I gave a few really hard smacks to the ring against my counter top and it never broke. I still check it daily and it seems to be just fine. I'm not sure if they fixed it or I just got lucky. my daughter is 5 months and it's perfect for her. She loves to play with it. I also ordered the who's hiding book it's really cute as well. She loves the coral wing for some reason. Both wings crinkle, the big owl jingles, and the baby owl is attached by a string and it also has a squicker in it. I recommend this product just make sure to give the ring a few smacks. If it breaks just clip on one of those plastic rings that you can get 15 of for a few dollars. They are great teethers as well. Hope this review helps.
on February 5, 2014
It's a very cute owl with a variety of sounds and textures for a baby. My son is almost two and this is the toy he sleeps with and drags around the house. I bought this as a replacement for the one he got for his first birthday because the wooden ring on the bottom had broken and that made the other side with the leaf fall out occasionally, which would upset him. It was also getting dirty. I swapped it out with his old one when he was sleeping and luckily he still adores it and hasn't questioned the change. I also like the fact that there's a book with this owl in it (who's hiding, also by skip hop) and we read the book to his owl sometimes. When we lift the flaps to look for baby owl, he holds up his toy owl to see what's in there. So fun.
on January 15, 2015
My 4 month old is absolutely smitten with this boy. She loves the crinkly sound that the wings make, as well as the squeaker in the baby owl. She likes to grab & chew on it & the colors & patterns are fun & bright. I also love that it has teethers on it, which will come in handy once her teeth start to come in. Highly recommend this as a baby gift; I'll be keeping it as one of my go-to gifts for baby showers. I'm considering buying another in a different animal to keep at my parents' house for when they need to babysit.
on May 21, 2017
My 4-month-old loves this owl! Loves to crinkle the arms and grab the wooden ring. I imagine he will take to the tether leaf more in a couple months. Took away 1 star because the squeaker in the baby owl broke after 1 use. Other than that, it's been great!
on October 9, 2014
Awesome awesome awesome product! Bought this for my girl and have it to her right as the baby was born! She absolutely loves Owls and beyond loves this owl I got for her and our baby. Course I will say that this product is probably more for a toddler/just a bi older than a baby haha. But besides that, product has SOOOOO many uses like honestly. It makes noises the baby owl has a string attached and you can take it out and play with it. It makes all sorts of noises and rattles, has a mirror, the list can continue on. It has soo many uses, and it's also pretty darn big. I bought it hopping it'd be a pretty good size, but I was wrong, it's actually really big and it's great! Love the product, love the price! It's great!!
on October 26, 2013
I was really excited about this. My friend got it for her little boy and he apparently adored it. I love owls, and my daughter has a ton of owl-themed stuff which she seems to like, so I figured she would love this.
She barely pays any attention to it.
Frankly, I don't blame her. I haven't seen other reviewers mention this, but it has a strong, weird, chemical-ish smell that will NOT go away. We've had it for a month and it still stinks.
The mama owl is too big and cumbersome for my baby to hold. (She got it when she was 3 months; she is now 4 months and still can't play with it.
The squeaker in the baby owl stopped working after a couple weeks (of little to no use) for no apparent reason.
All in all, I'm rather disappointed. Maybe she'll enjoy this more when she's older, but I am sort of put off of Skip-Hop toys now.
on January 23, 2015
I purchased this in 2011 for our first daughter. It became her 'car toy'. We bought one for my nice, and then reused our original for our second daughter. Great toy for 4-?? month olds to keep entertained in the car!
on May 20, 2014
I ordered this for a friend and wasn't super impressed with it. I think it's a cute toy, I love the colors but maybe I didn't examine it enough to know what it does. It seems like it's just a doll with a couple of features and that's almost every baby gift. I think you could spend less and get something very similar. I do however love Skip Hop and they do tend to be on the pricier side for items that you can buy cheaper in other brands.
on May 12, 2014
I love this toy, and so does my daughter (6 months old). It was the first toy that she really had any reaction to when we put it in front of her. I think this is due in part to the softness and bright colors. It also has a nice rattling noise it makes when it is moved. The baby lamb inside the pouch, and the two rings connected to the bottom have served well as teething toys, and the mirror and crinkly arms serve as extra distraction. It has also been very easy to clean as it goes in the wash and then air dries.
on April 14, 2016
I bought this for my 4 month old. He loves it but its still a little to big for him to really play with. He loves chewing on the ring. Which I did try to break myself and it seems sturdy. For now ill give it 5 stars. I think its worth the money and it held up nice in the washer. I let it air dry over night.