Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 5, 2014
It's a very cute owl with a variety of sounds and textures for a baby. My son is almost two and this is the toy he sleeps with and drags around the house. I bought this as a replacement for the one he got for his first birthday because the wooden ring on the bottom had broken and that made the other side with the leaf fall out occasionally, which would upset him. It was also getting dirty. I swapped it out with his old one when he was sleeping and luckily he still adores it and hasn't questioned the change. I also like the fact that there's a book with this owl in it (who's hiding, also by skip hop) and we read the book to his owl sometimes. When we lift the flaps to look for baby owl, he holds up his toy owl to see what's in there. So fun.
on January 15, 2015
My 4 month old is absolutely smitten with this boy. She loves the crinkly sound that the wings make, as well as the squeaker in the baby owl. She likes to grab & chew on it & the colors & patterns are fun & bright. I also love that it has teethers on it, which will come in handy once her teeth start to come in. Highly recommend this as a baby gift; I'll be keeping it as one of my go-to gifts for baby showers. I'm considering buying another in a different animal to keep at my parents' house for when they need to babysit.
on May 21, 2017
My 4-month-old loves this owl! Loves to crinkle the arms and grab the wooden ring. I imagine he will take to the tether leaf more in a couple months. Took away 1 star because the squeaker in the baby owl broke after 1 use. Other than that, it's been great!
on November 19, 2014
I just received this toy yesterday, so I can't speak for that wooden ring everyone's reported on breaking. However, it is very good quality, soft and cute and so far my three month old enjoys the bananas. He only recently started being interested in picking up toys so I expect him to make better use of this monkey within the next couple of weeks. I'll review again in a month or so, but so far 5 stars.
on February 18, 2014
Definitely for babies > 6-7 months I think, who can better appreciate all the various fun angles this toy has to offer. The peekaboo baby monkey (although why a monkey is in a marsupial-like pouch is beyond me but hey, it's cute... so it's fine) has a squeaky noisemaker, there is a teething banana toy as well... and it's very cuddly. Took my daughter a couple of weeks for it to grow on her, and now she enjoys it.
on October 9, 2014
Awesome awesome awesome product! Bought this for my girl and have it to her right as the baby was born! She absolutely loves Owls and beyond loves this owl I got for her and our baby. Course I will say that this product is probably more for a toddler/just a bi older than a baby haha. But besides that, product has SOOOOO many uses like honestly. It makes noises the baby owl has a string attached and you can take it out and play with it. It makes all sorts of noises and rattles, has a mirror, the list can continue on. It has soo many uses, and it's also pretty darn big. I bought it hopping it'd be a pretty good size, but I was wrong, it's actually really big and it's great! Love the product, love the price! It's great!!
on October 26, 2013
I was really excited about this. My friend got it for her little boy and he apparently adored it. I love owls, and my daughter has a ton of owl-themed stuff which she seems to like, so I figured she would love this.
She barely pays any attention to it.
Frankly, I don't blame her. I haven't seen other reviewers mention this, but it has a strong, weird, chemical-ish smell that will NOT go away. We've had it for a month and it still stinks.
The mama owl is too big and cumbersome for my baby to hold. (She got it when she was 3 months; she is now 4 months and still can't play with it.
The squeaker in the baby owl stopped working after a couple weeks (of little to no use) for no apparent reason.
All in all, I'm rather disappointed. Maybe she'll enjoy this more when she's older, but I am sort of put off of Skip-Hop toys now.
on April 28, 2014
I wasn't sure how my son would like this toy, but it turns out to be his favorite. When he was one month old, I started placing it on the couch for him to look at, now that he is two months, he loves to pull on the crinkle wings and teeth on the wood ring. He smiles and coos when we shake the owl. Best toy for him!
on January 23, 2015
I purchased this in 2011 for our first daughter. It became her 'car toy'. We bought one for my nice, and then reused our original for our second daughter. Great toy for 4-?? month olds to keep entertained in the car!
on May 20, 2014
I ordered this for a friend and wasn't super impressed with it. I think it's a cute toy, I love the colors but maybe I didn't examine it enough to know what it does. It seems like it's just a doll with a couple of features and that's almost every baby gift. I think you could spend less and get something very similar. I do however love Skip Hop and they do tend to be on the pricier side for items that you can buy cheaper in other brands.