Oil month Automotive Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

on August 10, 2014
I read the reviews and most were saying the wooden ring would break easily. But my daughter loves owls so for the price I ordered anyway. When it arrived I gave a few really hard smacks to the ring against my counter top and it never broke. I still check it daily and it seems to be just fine. I'm not sure if they fixed it or I just got lucky. my daughter is 5 months and it's perfect for her. She loves to play with it. I also ordered the who's hiding book it's really cute as well. She loves the coral wing for some reason. Both wings crinkle, the big owl jingles, and the baby owl is attached by a string and it also has a squicker in it. I recommend this product just make sure to give the ring a few smacks. If it breaks just clip on one of those plastic rings that you can get 15 of for a few dollars. They are great teethers as well. Hope this review helps.
on February 5, 2014
It's a very cute owl with a variety of sounds and textures for a baby. My son is almost two and this is the toy he sleeps with and drags around the house. I bought this as a replacement for the one he got for his first birthday because the wooden ring on the bottom had broken and that made the other side with the leaf fall out occasionally, which would upset him. It was also getting dirty. I swapped it out with his old one when he was sleeping and luckily he still adores it and hasn't questioned the change. I also like the fact that there's a book with this owl in it (who's hiding, also by skip hop) and we read the book to his owl sometimes. When we lift the flaps to look for baby owl, he holds up his toy owl to see what's in there. So fun.
on October 26, 2013
I was really excited about this. My friend got it for her little boy and he apparently adored it. I love owls, and my daughter has a ton of owl-themed stuff which she seems to like, so I figured she would love this.
She barely pays any attention to it.
Frankly, I don't blame her. I haven't seen other reviewers mention this, but it has a strong, weird, chemical-ish smell that will NOT go away. We've had it for a month and it still stinks.
The mama owl is too big and cumbersome for my baby to hold. (She got it when she was 3 months; she is now 4 months and still can't play with it.
The squeaker in the baby owl stopped working after a couple weeks (of little to no use) for no apparent reason.
All in all, I'm rather disappointed. Maybe she'll enjoy this more when she's older, but I am sort of put off of Skip-Hop toys now.
on January 15, 2015
My 4 month old is absolutely smitten with this boy. She loves the crinkly sound that the wings make, as well as the squeaker in the baby owl. She likes to grab & chew on it & the colors & patterns are fun & bright. I also love that it has teethers on it, which will come in handy once her teeth start to come in. Highly recommend this as a baby gift; I'll be keeping it as one of my go-to gifts for baby showers. I'm considering buying another in a different animal to keep at my parents' house for when they need to babysit.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
My 4-month-old loves this owl! Loves to crinkle the arms and grab the wooden ring. I imagine he will take to the tether leaf more in a couple months. Took away 1 star because the squeaker in the baby owl broke after 1 use. Other than that, it's been great!
on February 18, 2014
Definitely for babies > 6-7 months I think, who can better appreciate all the various fun angles this toy has to offer. The peekaboo baby monkey (although why a monkey is in a marsupial-like pouch is beyond me but hey, it's cute... so it's fine) has a squeaky noisemaker, there is a teething banana toy as well... and it's very cuddly. Took my daughter a couple of weeks for it to grow on her, and now she enjoys it.
on November 19, 2014
I just received this toy yesterday, so I can't speak for that wooden ring everyone's reported on breaking. However, it is very good quality, soft and cute and so far my three month old enjoys the bananas. He only recently started being interested in picking up toys so I expect him to make better use of this monkey within the next couple of weeks. I'll review again in a month or so, but so far 5 stars.
on June 19, 2011
I can only speak from my own experience, but we have now had the toy for two months and haven't had any problems with it at all. My son is going on 4 months and he plays with it every day. He is just now getting strong enough to pull the baby out of the pouch, but he has enjoyed checking himself out in the mirror and making the wings crackle. My 7 year old son also likes to play with it with the baby (we have two other owl toys so he telling him stories about the mom, baby, big brother and dad owls I find it very well made and have bought some of the other Skip Hop products and have been very pleased with the quality.
on October 27, 2014
My baby loves the owl! We have the Skip Hop activity centre which also has the owls, but this one is perfect for travel and big enough with enough different activities, teething rings on it to keep her interested. Machine washable which makes it super convenient.
on October 1, 2013
Bought this for my baby when he was 2-3 months old and he loved it! It has a small mirror, crinkly arm, and the baby owl has a squeaker inside. My little man carried this around until he was almost a year old and we frequently chose this as a travel toy. Great purchase and will be brining it out again for baby #2 due in 8 weeks. We washed this several times and air dried. Still appears brand new!