Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Color: Owl|Change

Showing 1-10 of 242 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 306 reviews
on February 5, 2014
It's a very cute owl with a variety of sounds and textures for a baby. My son is almost two and this is the toy he sleeps with and drags around the house. I bought this as a replacement for the one he got for his first birthday because the wooden ring on the bottom had broken and that made the other side with the leaf fall out occasionally, which would upset him. It was also getting dirty. I swapped it out with his old one when he was sleeping and luckily he still adores it and hasn't questioned the change. I also like the fact that there's a book with this owl in it (who's hiding, also by skip hop) and we read the book to his owl sometimes. When we lift the flaps to look for baby owl, he holds up his toy owl to see what's in there. So fun.
on January 23, 2015
I purchased this in 2011 for our first daughter. It became her 'car toy'. We bought one for my nice, and then reused our original for our second daughter. Great toy for 4-?? month olds to keep entertained in the car!
on August 21, 2013
The wooden ring snapped in half while my son, 6 months old, was playing with the owl!!! Right before it broke, it was in his mouth. I have written to the company and they never even responded! I will never buy a skip-hop product again.
on February 2, 2011
This toy has proven to be of a very poor quality. Don't get me wrong, my son loved it, but after just three weeks of use, the seams of one of the wings burst out. So now, the wing leaves some of its contents out while who knows what can go in. Oh, when I bought it, it was back-ordered, so I guess this is due to rushed production to meet the Christmas demands? Use always under close supervision.
on December 14, 2011
We have had this toy for about 3 months and my 8 month old son loves playing with it. It is very cute and since it has the different features he hasn't gotten bored with it yet. Recently he was playing with this, shaking it and hitting it on the table and the foot ring thing broke right in half. It was a clean break but I am sure the two pieces are choking hazards, luckily I was with him when it broke.
review image
on May 3, 2013
This toy was awesome and my 5 month old loved looking at the big eyes and feeling the crinkly wings. And then the toy got dropped and the wooden ring split in two! Total choking hazard, yikes!!! I called Skip Hop and told them my owl had broken and they asked, "The ring broke?" before I even got specific so this must be a very common problem. They gave me a credit to purchase another but I will not be replacing the owl! Super cute toy, but very dangerous and terrible quality wood.
on August 10, 2014
I read the reviews and most were saying the wooden ring would break easily. But my daughter loves owls so for the price I ordered anyway. When it arrived I gave a few really hard smacks to the ring against my counter top and it never broke. I still check it daily and it seems to be just fine. I'm not sure if they fixed it or I just got lucky. my daughter is 5 months and it's perfect for her. She loves to play with it. I also ordered the who's hiding book it's really cute as well. She loves the coral wing for some reason. Both wings crinkle, the big owl jingles, and the baby owl is attached by a string and it also has a squicker in it. I recommend this product just make sure to give the ring a few smacks. If it breaks just clip on one of those plastic rings that you can get 15 of for a few dollars. They are great teethers as well. Hope this review helps.
on October 26, 2013
I was really excited about this. My friend got it for her little boy and he apparently adored it. I love owls, and my daughter has a ton of owl-themed stuff which she seems to like, so I figured she would love this.
She barely pays any attention to it.
Frankly, I don't blame her. I haven't seen other reviewers mention this, but it has a strong, weird, chemical-ish smell that will NOT go away. We've had it for a month and it still stinks.
The mama owl is too big and cumbersome for my baby to hold. (She got it when she was 3 months; she is now 4 months and still can't play with it.
The squeaker in the baby owl stopped working after a couple weeks (of little to no use) for no apparent reason.
All in all, I'm rather disappointed. Maybe she'll enjoy this more when she's older, but I am sort of put off of Skip-Hop toys now.
on July 26, 2014
I read the other reviews of these toys and knew to expect the wooden ring to be a problem. I couldn't resist the deal I found from Amazon Warehouse, though, so I bought it anyway. I took the monkey out of the package and immediately gave the wood ring a single light tap on my desk. It shattered into 4 pieces. I tossed them and replaced it with a plastic loop ring we already had. Now, we have a great little safe toy. My 8-month old daughter is very interested in the crinkle sounds of the arms and the squeaker in the baby monkey. The whole thing makes a gentle wind-chime noise when it is moved. I don't think of the baby in the pouch as an odd marsupial monkey, like another reviewer mentioned. The pouch is a print fabric, not fur. I tell my daughters the mommy is wearing the baby.

The wood ring is a hazard and absolutely unacceptable. There should be a recall. This danger needs to be corrected immediately, and this toy should not be sold until it is fixed. The majority of consumers will not read reviews and be aware they should remove the dangerous ring before giving it to their child. I still give it 3 stars, because it is a nice toy when the ring is removed.
on January 4, 2011
I was pleasantly surprised to see this owl in person. The size was good and it really has a multitude of activities. The colors were really beautiful as well. I have purchased other Skip Hop products and have been equally impressed.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.