Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on August 28, 2013
I have included an image up the top. I wanted to show what it holds since I wasn't sure how the size would work for us when I bought it.

Today I packed:
1 bag grilled cheese strips
1 yogurt
2 cool packs from my ameda pump bag

Zips up fine.
My son likes to carry it in by the top handle.
Keeps things cold through a daycare day (not sure if it would hold up in a hot car etc.).

Will update review if any problems occur!
review image
224 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on September 29, 2016
We got this and the backpack. It's cute, but I think it's too large. My 2 year old can't eat that much food, and so there's a lot of unused space, and when I cram this into the similarly styled "owl" backpack (which is 5-stars), if takes up most of the space in the backpack. This is similar in size to other lunch containers on the marketplace -- maybe suitable for an elementary schooler, but too big for a preschooler unless you plan to stick a some big containers in it, or a water bottle, but many preschools keep the water bottles separate, so that's not an advantage.
One person found this helpful
on March 14, 2016
Best lunch box so far! Only things I'd prefer different is a designated elastic pouch for holding a drink in place, and the owls ears are too close to the zipper; my daughter always needs help getting past the ears that stick out. The zipper tag is big and durable, and I appreciate the adjustable clip handle!
on March 23, 2014
I almost did not buy this because some people said it was too small or gets dirty. Well Kindergartners get everything dirty--I just wash it inside and out daily. I use a 2 flat style 2 compartment container (my daughter does not like bread) with cold cuts, cheese, and crackers. I add a tiny cookie container (3 Oreos fit) and a juice box, mini water bottle, apple sauce squisher, drinkable yogurt, and flat ice pack. It's tight but it all fits well. The zipper holds up well...it's been near 6 months and we use it 5 days a week
One person found this helpful
on November 28, 2017
Love it! We have the backpack (with leash) with this cute owl and fell in love so when we saw it in a lunch box we had to get it! It is well insulated and cleans easily. My 3 year old loves carrying it in to daycare every day and gets so many compliments.
on April 7, 2015
I purchased this lunch bag for my 11 year old daughter after striking out at local stores. She wanted something different - something cute but not babyish - and the stores seemed full of mostly character/branded stuff and/or boring plain colors. She saw this online and fell in love. I liked that it was PVC free but was a little apprehensive about the potential quality because of the price. Fortunately the bag turned out to be really sturdy and has held up very well throughout the school year. Glad to see there are other animal options in the product line. I'll definitely buy one for my son next year.
on December 25, 2013
Lunch bag fits snugly inside the matching back pack. Can't hold much else in the back pack though once the lunch bag is in there, but what else is a preschooler really going to need to carry around? This little lunch bag could easily hold a sandwich and apple along with some crackers or cookies. It's little leaf zipper is just so precious and I'm glad I went with the owl because the different fabric against each other looks so charming. Big hit with the 4 year old.
on April 16, 2014
We love the bag, perfect for packing my 10month-old's lunch for daycare. But the problem started a month after the purchase. The interior of the bag looks insulated but acts like a sponge. It sucks in all the liquid and the smell of the solids that comes in contact with the bag. I kinda have to wash the bag pretty much on alternate just so that it doesn't smell of- I apologize for the details- baby throw up.
Sadly, it is non-machine washable. But at the state the bag comes to me everyday, I am thinking of trying exactly that. People with success stories connected to eliminating the stench, please share.
on November 16, 2011
This is probably a kids favorite, I'm 18 years old, but I really like the cute little animal things like slippers and when I was looking for a lunch box I thought why buy a boring lunch box? I want to make a statement! I needed a lunch box for work and no one was too surprised this lunch box belonged to me but they all said it was so cute. I love it it's the perfect lunch carrier with a cute twist. I'd totally recommend it for kids, or adults who like to have a little fun in their lunch time! Haha. It's small but big enough for a typical packed lunch. Also keeps portions under control with the perfect size of space for a lunch! (Great diet tip to have a small lunchbox!)
on December 4, 2015
I got this for my 6 year old daughter as a Christmas present. It is so cute! I also got the snack and sandwich reusable packs. I've already tested it to see how well everything fits, & all items including the freezer pack fit great! The product is also very well made. It doesn't have too little insulation like the lunch bag she currently has. I know she love this set.