Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on September 7, 2012
I've always liked the SkipHop lunch bag designs. Have been using this for the past 10 months or so with our new baby girl but just recently wrote to SkipHop and found that they use PVC in these lunch bags. I'll post the response we got from SkipHop customer service but don't just take my word for it -- go and email them yourselves.

Phone: 877-4-SKIPHOP or 212-868-9850
(Monday-Friday 10AM-6PM Eastern Standard Time)
Fax: 646-607-1989

"Lilia replied:
Thank you for your interest in Skip Hop!

This item is not free of PVC, but is tested for lead with no levels of lead detected.

We use PVC within the construction of the bag, however its found between the fabric, and your child will not come in contact with this.

We hope this information is helpful!
Skip, Hop, Smile!
Customer Service

**Please respond to this same email with questions regarding your case to avoid multiple case numbers, which may cause delays.

**If you are a Retailer and need assistance or want to open up an account, please email: sales@skiphop.com
**Marketing/ PR/ Press related items can be emailed to: holly@skiphop.com

Skip Hop, Inc.
Corporate Headquarters
50 W 23rd St 10th Fl
New York, NY 10010"
99 comments| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 16, 2016
I've bought several of these bags, about 4 (2 for each of my 2 kids). Yea, they're Obviously cute and a good size. However, the interior silver paint flakes off onto the kids' food over time. The paint I am referring to is the paint applied by Skip Hop onto the white interior fabric of the lunch bag. Ive tossed them out once I see the interior flaking as I don't think it's safe for consumption.

Yes, these bags meet all the safety guidelines... Yadda yadda yadda. But do the manufacturers take into account the fact that this paint flakes off onto the lunch bag contents? And that kids will eat it as a result? Ever put an unwrapped apple in the bag? I might be wrong, but my thoughts are that the paint is tested as "being a child safe paint", not as a "child safe paint that might be accidentally ingested".

I contacted them about this. They had no idea what I was talking about. Seems like they didn't do as thorough testing as I would hope. When I asked what was the paint made out of, they said the following.

"The product development team has advised that the silver coating is made of PU (polyurethane), metal powder, and a solvent (to bond the material together)."

Are those chemicals edible? Child safe when ingested? What kind of metal is that powder made of? Hope it's not aluminum which is super poisonous.

Needless to say, I absolutely don't feel comfortable with these lunch bags anymore. I stopped buying them. The paint is a deal breaker, I don't care how cute the bag is.

At any rate, I recommend folks to buy another lunch bag until Skip Hop stops using paint inside their children's lunch bags.

Also: insulation is a joke, it's impossible to keep clean, and the fact that anything is between the fabric does not protect kids from anything... Things soak right through.
review image
on November 23, 2017
While I know this is intended for a kids lunch box, it works perfectly to hold my pump/feeding supplies on the go. I use the clip to attach to my diaper bag and stroller. I think it is super funny to keep my nursing supplies in a cow themed bag.

It is not extremely large, but I manage to fit every I need (see photo). The zipper also seems durable.
- Medela Freestyle Pump
- Medela Freestyle Pump Accessories (ie. Flanges, Tubes)
- 2 4oz Dr Brown Bottles, nipple, storage cap
- Milk storage bags, a sharpy, a spoon, and two small formula packets
review image
on February 3, 2018
We own several skip Hop bee products, and we simply loved the lunch bag! Insulated interior with mesh bag. We wanted to buy a lunch bag that fitted the yumbox (mini or regular) plus a water bottle. And this lunch bag has the perfect size. Our 3 year toddler carries it to school with a mini yumbox and a water bottle in it!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on August 31, 2016
Honestly I am so disappointed, and don't know how to rectify the situation. My daughter LOVES this lunch bag...it's the bright spot of her crappy first week of pre school...that's right this is day 5...

And look what kind of damage has already happened...my daughter is 4, they eat indoors..she's not OVERLY rough with her bag.

This couldn't last 5 days?! Really?!
review imagereview image
on September 16, 2017
I fell in love with this little cutie from day one. I bought it for my toddler girl for Pre-K, she thinks it's the coolest bag ever. The quality is excellent, looks just like the one in the picture. Its been getting alot of admirers. Hope by the time she graduates from Pre-k and Kindergarten it will be available in a bigger size.
review imagereview image
on July 3, 2017
The bag is absolutely adorable and I can't wait until September to see my goddaughter use it.I think it feels durable enough. It is insulated. Holds a bottle and the lunch pan or the bottle flask and snack bowl. I have it a 4 instead of a 5 because the flower petal tag looks like it's made out of paper which I assume will disintegrate with each wash. If it was laminated I would have given it 5 stars
review imagereview imagereview image
on June 26, 2016
This is a very cute lunch bag. My 4 year old uses to when he goes to Nature School. At first I was a little peeved about its size. I REALLY wanted to pack a Yumbox for him but even though it fits in this bag perfectly, there is no room for his Thermos so I had to come up with something else. This Three Tiered stainless lunch set fits perfectly in the bottom of the bag and a Thermos Foogo Straw Bottle fits right on top! Other container combos that I have found to fit are a Bruntmor Two Section Stainless Steel Lunch Box & a Thermos/juice box or an Otterbottle insulated food container (similar in size to the Thermos Foogo Food Jar), a Thermos, and a Planet Wise Zipper Snack Bag or a Sistema Klip It Small Split Food Storage Container + drink + snack bag. So there are lots of lunch box options if you are like me and can't in good conscience send a ton of throw away containers with your son as he heads off to NATURE school. Yeesh.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 27, 2018
Very Cute! Great for daycare too!
review imagereview imagereview image
on January 5, 2016
We have two of these adorable Lunchies now (this frog one and the owl one), and love them for sending lunch with our boys to preschool each day. I actually throw them in the washing machine and then air dry them fairly often, and they clean up very well and are holding up great. They are prefect for our Ziploc bento style containers, which sadly are not available anymore, but I believe that some of the other similar ones (like the AmazonBasic ones) would work well, too. One or two of the flat square ice packs fits great as well. There's definitely no space for a drink with that setup, but we also use the Skip Hop backpacks which have a pocket for a water bottle on the side. The only problem is choosing which one to get because they are all so cute!