Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Skip Hop Zoo Melamine Plate and Bowl Set, Ladybug
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Color: Ladybug|Style: Melamine Plate and Bowl Set|Change

on February 8, 2012
These are great dishes for a toddler. The biggest problem with most melamine kid's dishes on the market seems to be durability. I've tried a couple different brands only to end up with cracked plates or bubbling, peeling decals etc. after very very short periods of time. So far the Skip Hop dishes are proving to be much more durable. I haven' t noticed any scratching, fading or bubbling of the images, even washing daily in the dishwasher. They are also heavier than most dishes and actually feel sturdier. Since I don't care to buy new dishes - and add the old ones to the landfill - duarbility and longevity are very important to me.

Other pros for these dishes are that they are a nice size for toddlers. The bowl is perfect for cereal or soup. The ladybug and other patterns are also really cute. My two year old loves them. Additionally they are BPA free. The description on Amazon's website is not clear about this, however the manufacturer's website provides this info.
on September 22, 2015
First of all, the cup was broken when this arrived, so that's not a great start. The plates can't go in the microwave, and apparently are made out of a fragile, very breakable material, making them the exact opposite of something you should buy for a baby/toddler, which I understand is the intended user. The spoon is too wide for a normal-sized baby mouth, to round out the bad things about this product.
on January 4, 2015
I finally got fed up and put these bowls in the recycle today. The square design means that every time my kid tries to drink or of the bowl it spills. Maybe others have toddlers with better manners, but I let mine drink the milk out of their cereal bowl when they are done. This design spills every time. I wish I had never bought it.
on November 6, 2015
My request: Giraffe... what i have.. BUTTERFLY!!!!!! .. OMG... sad for my boy.. but a happy niece.. I CANNOT return the package.. i made the request to pick up in las vegas during a business trip... nothing to do at this point.. i am back in Argentina.
on November 16, 2014
Fragile. Plate broke into splintered pieces having dropped off highchair tray onto stone floor.
on October 12, 2012
As other reviewers have pointed out, Melamine contains formaldehyde, which can be released when the product is heated. The released levels can be dangerous to your baby's health. So unless you are 100% sure that these plates will never see the insides of a microwave or hot dishwasher, don't buy them. I won't though I must admit they are awfully cute!
on April 27, 2014
I really like the set, it is very cute and felt nice and solid. Unfortunately, on the first use my son decided to drop it on the tile floor from the high chair tray. That was the end of the plate, it shattered into several pieces. I would have though a child's dinner ware would be made of a product that could withstand a drop from a high chair.
on May 23, 2012
I recieved this set of melamine plate and bowl set, it was nicely packed but when i open it the plate was cracked at two places,First on the outer side there was a big crack and in the middle there is a big whole, the broken piece is also lying in the blister pack, So i request you to replace it,
And mainly the material is very cheap as per the cost charged for it, it looks wearied and very sub standared, only the design is good, even if I receive it fine it would be breaking in few uses only
on November 11, 2013
I've just received one plate, not two as the image presents. I've felt deluded! Please, let me know if the image are wrong
on July 29, 2013
I love the owl bowl and plate! My son is 8 months and the size is perfect. I would love to get the whole collection since there are no phthalates or bpa.