Oil month Automotive Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on August 20, 2015
My daughter and I loved them. We got the bag and lunch bag. Perfect for Pre-K. So cute I had to put her name on the bags.
review image
22 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 6, 2012
**Update** Aug 7, 2015
We still regularly use this bag if we're planning to be away from the house a while. We've tossed it in the wash several times; it has minimal fading and we have never encountered color bleed. We regularly stash race cars/tractors, crayons, small books, a sippy cup, snack, and change of clothes. Definitely a cute and worthwhile purchase!

**Original Review**
I only bought this because I wanted to try a different bag (thinking out of the box, er, bag here) than the gigantic Jeep Weekender bag we have now. Diaper bags are like purses, the bigger they are the more stuff you feel you need to put in it! When I first got this Skip Hop pack I immediately agreed with other reviewers that it was way too small. HOWEVER, once I tried it out and put everything in it we'd need for a simple 2-3 hr outting, I found that SURPRISINGLY, everything fit just fine! Inside, I packed an extra outfit, a changing pad, a ziplock with crunchies, a ziplock with one stage 3 jar, one baby yogurt and a spoon, links with toy attached, and a wubbanub. Front pocket easily holds two diapers (maybe up to 4), small pack of wipes and a tube of diaper rash cream. Side pocket holds only a single bottle though. So far thats the only downside if you're planning to use this bag for an infant. Which is why I say it's good for a short outting. I haven't used it yet so I may have to update this review in a bit. I love it right now though! Hope this was helpful!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
44 comments| 177 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 20, 2016
These backpacks are so cute! My daughter absolutely loves her little ladybug backpack. It is the perfect size for a toddler to be able to carry a few things in. She loves to put some of her toys and dolls in the backpack and carry it around the house. It’s also really useful for packing toys and snacks when we go on road trips.

My only complaint is that it doesn't quite fit a regular 8.5x11 paper or notebook. This makes it not as great for my daughter to take to preschool, but we will probably make due instead of having to purchase a second backpack.

If you found this review helpful, I would very much appreciate you giving me a "thumbs up". And if you have any questions, I'd be more than willing to answer them to the best of my ability!
11 comment| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 6, 2016
I'm conflicted here. We previously owned the giraffe Skip Hop backpack and it took a beating for 2 years and only had minimal wear. I was excited to get this one as a replacement but was immediately disappointed in the quality. I compared them side-by-side and this one is definitely flimsier. The material is thinner and it just doesn't feel as sturdy. As a matter of fact, I wondered if I received a counterfeit and double checked that I ordered directly from Amazon (an authorized dealer). I guess Skip Hop has just lessened their quality for the new backpacks. I hope this one holds up.
on August 14, 2015
review image
11 comment| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 28, 2017
I've seen a lot of toddler backpacks at preschool. I think this is one of the better bags, but there are issues. First, it does not contain the similarly-styled lunchbox at all, and latching them together via the top loop is awkward. Second, the side pouches are basically useless for any normal-size water bottle, or really anything since kids tend to toss around their bags. The outer zip compartment is too big to hold little things, and too small to hold a change of clothes or anything useful. The straps are not super comfortable for a kid, and I think a sternum strap would be both fun for a kid, and more comfortable, and likely for them to keep it on for more than a few minutes. The large leaf zipper pull is a nice touch. Having two zippers, so the top can be opened, would have been nice.

I think they just didn't really design or test this much or enough on 2-3 year olds.

The insulated pouch for snacks -- is NOT insulated.

So I think this is better than a lot of alternatives, and it's cute. And you could do well to buy it, but I do NOT love it.
on June 22, 2015
My daughter absolutely loves this backpack. It is super cute and the perfect size to hold all her treasures.
review image
11 comment| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 13, 2017
LOVE this backpack! It's cute, and my son LOVES taking a backpack to "school" every morning just like his big sisters. He even hauled it across the Chicago airport on his own at Christmastime--and he was only 18 months old! It's just his size and fits a lunchbox, a change of clothes perfectly, with room for a couple little toys, a pair of shoes, a lovey, or his winter hat, as well. Great quality with large zipper pulls so he can zip it himself. Holds its shape well, so it's easy for him to set it down and put things in it. Definitely a good buy. Glad I bought it.
on June 17, 2017
This bag is of great quality and great size for toddlar.No doubt it is a super cute bag but cuteness coming with great utility is real deal.Front pocket is quite roomy I keep my child's one snack box and boogie wipes in it.Then it has a mesh pocket inside to keep more stuff like pencils or crayons.This bag teeth of shark on this pocket ,eyes ,fin of shark on both sides and one fin on the top, ..gives kid feel of real shark..add to their imagination.Its side pocket for sippy cup is stretchable you can keep adult bottle in it. Straps are padded and adjustable making this bag comfortable to carry .It has a red strap on top to hang this bag which I use daily in his school to hang it on his spot.Inside it it's quite spacious to keep daily things to carry to school.I put his one change of clothes , snacks boxes and a skip hop lunch box.This bag totally fit in my requirement.I am totally satisfied with it .It is very sturdy bag.I was so impressed with it I made video on it to share with other parents. Disclaimer:: I am a mom like any other mom not professional reviewer just want to help other mom who want to best for their families.I am not paid for it.I just feel happy I helped someone by doing so.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on October 5, 2016
My son is obsessed with frogs, so I had to get this for him, obviously. I'm posting this review and photo mainly so people can see size relationship with an actual child (my son is 3).

This is his first backpack, so I was OK with this not being as large as a standard backpack that can hold "actual" schoolwork. No, this will not fit an 8.5x11" notebook or folder without some bending, but it is perfect for sending his things to and from Pre-school. I've stuffed his sheets/blankets for his cot, extra changes of clothes, fav. stuff animal, etc., in here with no issue.

Overall it is very well made with nice, thick canvas. I imagine this will hold up very well and he will likely outgrow before it wears out. The design couldn't be cuter, either.

Highly recommend.