Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 20, 2015
My daughter and I loved them. We got the bag and lunch bag. Perfect for Pre-K. So cute I had to put her name on the bags.
review image
22 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 20, 2016
This bag is adorable. We received a genuine Skip Hop backpack, and our little 4-year-old likes to wear this with a few toys or other clothes and stuff in it when she goes to Grandma's to visit or when she is spending the night away from home. The construction is sound and the zippers are really secure. Though it wasn't the cheapest bag we could find, it has been well worth paying for a quality item. My little one is able to open and close it without any problem, in part due to the large flower shaped zipper pulls. There are only a couple of compartments, but it is just right for a child. It will hold a change of clothes, a blanket and a favorite stuffed animal with a little room to spare.

Note that this is not a large bag that I would use for traveling, but it is sized well for pre-school, visiting family or other trips. It is also ideal for play time.
on August 7, 2016
Love these backpacks! They are so cute and really great packs. This is actually my second time buying one of these zoo packs. I bought another one over a year ago and use it at least once a week and it is still holding up great. Stitching is very solid, even on the zipper pulls. The material is thick and durable. When our other pack starts to look super dingy, I actually throw it in the washer on delicate and it comes out looking almost brand new (then I lay flat to dry). The zoo pack is not an average size backpack, it's like a mini version (fits my 4 year old perfect), so it might not work so well with folders and binders for school. But it has been great for traveling! I have told lots of friends about these. Big thumbs up 👍🏼
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 14, 2015
This backpack is exactly the right size for a small child. I got this for my son when he was two and was going to a little day care/preschool. It looked a little big on him at the time, but he could carry it on his back and it could fit all he needed: his lunch box, water bottle and change of clothes.

At age 3 and 4 this backpack was the right size for him. It is very comfortable to carry with the padded straps and easy to clean with a damp towel and soap.

The zipper is good quality as it is still fine after 3 years. Now that he is 5 he has a big boy backpack, but my daughter who is 3 can use it. It still looks great. It is a great buy.
on December 6, 2012
**Update** Aug 7, 2015
We still regularly use this bag if we're planning to be away from the house a while. We've tossed it in the wash several times; it has minimal fading and we have never encountered color bleed. We regularly stash race cars/tractors, crayons, small books, a sippy cup, snack, and change of clothes. Definitely a cute and worthwhile purchase!

**Original Review**
I only bought this because I wanted to try a different bag (thinking out of the box, er, bag here) than the gigantic Jeep Weekender bag we have now. Diaper bags are like purses, the bigger they are the more stuff you feel you need to put in it! When I first got this Skip Hop pack I immediately agreed with other reviewers that it was way too small. HOWEVER, once I tried it out and put everything in it we'd need for a simple 2-3 hr outting, I found that SURPRISINGLY, everything fit just fine! Inside, I packed an extra outfit, a changing pad, a ziplock with crunchies, a ziplock with one stage 3 jar, one baby yogurt and a spoon, links with toy attached, and a wubbanub. Front pocket easily holds two diapers (maybe up to 4), small pack of wipes and a tube of diaper rash cream. Side pocket holds only a single bottle though. So far thats the only downside if you're planning to use this bag for an infant. Which is why I say it's good for a short outting. I haven't used it yet so I may have to update this review in a bit. I love it right now though! Hope this was helpful!
review image review image review image review image review image
44 comments| 164 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 10, 2017
My toddler loves dinosaurs so this is a perfect backpack for him! We take it everywhere we go, I even use it as a little diaper bag for his baby sister. We have a trip coming up and this will be his personal item for the airplane and will fit everything he needs plus stuff for his sister. It's holding up really well compared to our old backpack we got from another brand.
on March 7, 2016
I love Skip Hop! I bought this when my daughter outgrew her smaller Skip Hop backpack (the detachable kid-harness variety), which is still in great shape. This larger backpack has the quality I expect from the brand and is a great size. My daughter is now three and this pack should easily last her through preschool. I like the small insulated pocket in the front (too small for lunch, but great for an easily accessible snack), and the well-sized water bottle pocket on the side. My daughter brought this on our latest family vacation and was able to carry enough toys and activities to entertain her through a couple of lengthy flights.
VINE VOICEon October 12, 2017
Great size for my 2 year old and the "katty" (as my daughter calls it) is even cuter in person! This backpack fits her naptime blankets, a stuffed animal and her daily folder. (It's PACKED, but it fits everything.) The structure of the backpack allows a lot to fit inside. My son had a bag that was close to this same size but it cinched up vs. zip and you just couldn't fit much in there without a struggle. This backpack is perfect for those toddler age students...maybe kindergarten too?

Skip Hop makes quality backpacks and after several months of school every day, this still looks brand new. Cleaning will be easy once I actually need to wipe it down.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 28, 2016
5 star for smiles from my daughter. I mean thats why we buy these right? I'm not expecting much, but we have a few skip hop items. This one is her favorite. The quality seems much better then the Sanrio HK bag she has. It does add some extra weight, which is why we had her use the other one until recently. Now that she's older, she seems to carry it better
on March 3, 2014
Unfortunately, I didn't really look at the measurements when shopping for this. I was too consumed with its great price and its total cuteness! When it arrived, my son and I were so excited to put his one single red folder in it that he needs to bring to and from school (Kindergarten class). It didn't fit! The backpack was a little too short and the upper corners of the folder would have had to be folded over in order to make it fit so it could be zippered shut. Well I didn't want to do that. So, luckily I have a younger son who could use it for bringing his things to and from Grandma's house, car trips, etc. So we were able to keep it and get some use out of it after all! It would have killed me to have to return it. Like I said, it is super cute, perfect for either a boy or girl, it is really well made and durable, and aside from being just a little too small height-wise to hold a standard size folder, it is roomy enough to carry a change of clothes, along with a few books, a few small toys, and even some snacks for that extra-long car trip or an overnight stay at Grandma's house. You will not be disappointed!