Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 454 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 513 reviews
on October 21, 2013
I was very disappointed to receive a fake skip hop bag. The picture and name clearly made it seem like I was buying an authentic product. I have purchased many different skip hop items form Amazon, but this is the first time I have received a fake. No use returning the item as the cost isn't worth it. I think Amazon should refund my money for allowing this to have occurred.
on July 12, 2016
We use these bags when our kids are babies and then pass them on for preschool. So far we've purchased the monkey and the unicorn. My son was able to use this daily finding all sorts of things to stuff in there, and it's been through the forrest and back. He then used it for 3 years at his preschool to hold lunch and his water bottle. For our daughter it fits cloth diapers, wipes, her water bottle, everything we need for the day. She's already started putting it on and I find it much easier than packing a large diaper bag. The kids each have their own so I'm not digging for baby/toddler/elementary items all in one bag. (We'll be buying another for the baby due this winter)

The monkey bag is now 7 years old and the unicorn is almost 2 years and the wear hasn't been noticeable. There are no scratches, rips, fading, stains, and they hide dirt well. If I could make one improvement it's the decor attached to the zipper. The wire came lose on the Unicorn and we had to tighten it. The monkey's banana came lose a year ago and my son lost it, so we couldn't reattach.
on March 17, 2017
This backpack is soooo adorable, my 3 year old daughter loves it!! I had purchased her the owl lunch box a while before this backpack and she wouldnt leave without it, now the same goes for her backpack, she is so proud of her matching set and I love that's its not pink or flowery (love gender neutral colors) because that means when she doesn't want it anymore I can give it away to either a boy or a girl. The only thing I wish was that it had a zipper pocket on the inside to keep little items, but Im grateful for the side pocket to put her water bottle.
on December 25, 2015
The backpack is well made, not cheap like some backpacks you buy at Walmart or target so it is pretty sturdy.

I have 2 main complaints though.

1. EVERYONE has this backpack! I use it for my 16 month old when he goes into our church nurser and when I am taking him on errand and when I am out other kids think my sons owl skip hop pack is theirs. In the church nursery there is also at least 1 other that is the same. so I always have to look inside for the name or the contents to make sure it's our bag. There is a name tag inside the bag.

2. There is only 1 cup/bottle holder. I really need 2! It would be nice to have 1 for water and the other for milk or juice.

FYI, I have a 3 year old where I purchased a better quality backpack with his name personalized on the back for a cheaper price. I purchased a Pottery Barn backpack when they were on sale for $13 with free personalized name and free shipping. No one has that same backpack, he gets compliments on it and it has 2 drink holders.
on May 30, 2017
I bought the owl backpack for my 2 1/2 year old son. He loves it! I was worried that it might be too big after looking at the pictures, but it fits him nicely with room to grow. I think he'll get a few more years of use out of it. The quality is very good. We went on a trip and he kept his toys, lovey blanket, and a board book in there. He feels like a big boy having a backpack like his big brother and sister.
on July 22, 2013
As others have stated, this is a great backpack for toddlers and even preschoolers and fits the smaller frame of little kids well. However, you cannot fit a standard sized 8.5x11 notebook inside or a normal folder without the edges bending and so would not work for kindergarteners. But it's just fine for a full change of clothes and a lunch bag; we also use ours to keep the kids' activities for car/plane trips - an iPad fits just fine and smaller coloring books, too. I have no complaints abut the durability of this product, my kid used it 5 days a week for 2 years of pre-school. We liked it enough we bought a second one for another child. I would recommend and would not hesitate to buy again (although I'd buy a different animal for variety because they're all so cute).
on March 31, 2011
Yes, the backpack is small, but it is the PERFECT size for my daughter who goes to Pre-K. The backpack holds her folder, artwork, snack, drink, sweater, and the occasional library book. Plus, it is SO cute! The best feature is the drink holder on the outside of the bag which has a small elastic cord that slips over the top of the drink and keeps it firmly in place. The cord prevents the cup from slipping out of the pocket and spilling. This design is a stroke of genius. In the past we have used drink holders on bags which did not prevent drinks from slipping out. Some of the spills stained the bag, ruined some of the contents, and once caused mold to grow in the bag. We've been using the Skip-Hop bag for 4 months and have had no spilling problems. I also like that the straps are padded which keeps them from pressing uncomfortably on my daughter's shoulders. The straps are also big enough for me to sling over one of my shoulders when we are using it as a diaper bag. The backpack itself is small enough to slip into the bottom basket of our stroller as well. I am considering buying a second one so that I don't have to constantly switch out the contents when I want to use it as a diaper bag.
on March 4, 2015
I love the zoo packs. My daughter has the owl with the matching lunchie and my son had the elephant with the elephant lunchie. They are well made, and I love that after a year of use (at least for my toddler who takes it to daycare everyday) it's still in good condition with very minor noticeable scuffs (and it definitely gets man-handled and abused). It's the perfect size to make an extended weekend's worth of outfits and necessities when we go to grandma's or to pack fun activities (including coloring books) and snacks when we go out.
on April 5, 2014
We bought this backpack for my older son when he was just about 2 years old. He's almost 5 now, and admittedly, outgrowing his little backpack. I can't believe how much use we got out of it. At first, it was just a present so that he could have a little "luggage" of his own with little surprises in a long airplane trip, and we used to carry a change of clothes, pull ups in it during outings when he was potty training (plus a snack). We still use it as everyday pack for day care, holding his blanket and sometimes a snack and given the 2+ years of everyday use, it is holding up great - much better than I ever expected. There only detail that I'm not crazy about is the outside cup holder, which is too short, and sippy cups tend to slide out of it somewhat easily. This hasn't stopped me from coming back for more - I'm here shopping for another one, for my younger son now.
on September 14, 2012
This backpack may be the cutest one I have ever seen. However, it was not big enough for my daughter's homework folder, planner, or a regulare sheet of paper. That being said, this would be a great backpack for preschool, day trips, overnight stays, or basically anything but elementary school. It is durable, sturdy, well made, and visually appealing. I looked for the dumension in the product description here, but found none, just assuming that since it was advertised with other school age backpacks that it would work for us. Not so. We are able to fold the corners of her homework folder down to fit inside, but it is bothersome and she usually has trouble getting the zipper closed by herself. I would definitely buy again if I were buying for a non-school age reason, but for now I am searching for a larger backpack. That is actually the reason I came to write this review- because I am now on Amazon buying a replacement.