Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on May 28, 2017
I've seen a lot of toddler backpacks at preschool. I think this is one of the better bags, but there are issues. First, it does not contain the similarly-styled lunchbox at all, and latching them together via the top loop is awkward. Second, the side pouches are basically useless for any normal-size water bottle, or really anything since kids tend to toss around their bags. The outer zip compartment is too big to hold little things, and too small to hold a change of clothes or anything useful. The straps are not super comfortable for a kid, and I think a sternum strap would be both fun for a kid, and more comfortable, and likely for them to keep it on for more than a few minutes. The large leaf zipper pull is a nice touch. Having two zippers, so the top can be opened, would have been nice.

I think they just didn't really design or test this much or enough on 2-3 year olds.

The insulated pouch for snacks -- is NOT insulated.

So I think this is better than a lot of alternatives, and it's cute. And you could do well to buy it, but I do NOT love it.
6 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on July 12, 2016
We use these bags when our kids are babies and then pass them on for preschool. So far we've purchased the monkey and the unicorn. My son was able to use this daily finding all sorts of things to stuff in there, and it's been through the forrest and back. He then used it for 3 years at his preschool to hold lunch and his water bottle. For our daughter it fits cloth diapers, wipes, her water bottle, everything we need for the day. She's already started putting it on and I find it much easier than packing a large diaper bag. The kids each have their own so I'm not digging for baby/toddler/elementary items all in one bag. (We'll be buying another for the baby due this winter)

The monkey bag is now 7 years old and the unicorn is almost 2 years and the wear hasn't been noticeable. There are no scratches, rips, fading, stains, and they hide dirt well. If I could make one improvement it's the decor attached to the zipper. The wire came lose on the Unicorn and we had to tighten it. The monkey's banana came lose a year ago and my son lost it, so we couldn't reattach.
3 people found this helpful
on October 21, 2013
I was very disappointed to receive a fake skip hop bag. The picture and name clearly made it seem like I was buying an authentic product. I have purchased many different skip hop items form Amazon, but this is the first time I have received a fake. No use returning the item as the cost isn't worth it. I think Amazon should refund my money for allowing this to have occurred.
34 people found this helpful
on December 25, 2015
The backpack is well made, not cheap like some backpacks you buy at Walmart or target so it is pretty sturdy.

I have 2 main complaints though.

1. EVERYONE has this backpack! I use it for my 16 month old when he goes into our church nurser and when I am taking him on errand and when I am out other kids think my sons owl skip hop pack is theirs. In the church nursery there is also at least 1 other that is the same. so I always have to look inside for the name or the contents to make sure it's our bag. There is a name tag inside the bag.

2. There is only 1 cup/bottle holder. I really need 2! It would be nice to have 1 for water and the other for milk or juice.

FYI, I have a 3 year old where I purchased a better quality backpack with his name personalized on the back for a cheaper price. I purchased a Pottery Barn backpack when they were on sale for $13 with free personalized name and free shipping. No one has that same backpack, he gets compliments on it and it has 2 drink holders.
2 people found this helpful
on January 2, 2018
Gave this to my 2yo for her birthday filled with books and crafts. She LOVED it. Wouldn't take it off all day, and took it to daycare several days in a row. I use it mainly to pack activities for road trips. It's a bit small, so it doesn't fit all books, and there's no organization on the inside (it's just one big pocket), so not perfect but I knew what I was getting. My older daughter has another in this line that we fill with activities for airport and airplane rides--for that purpose (and I am sure others), it's convenient that there is a pocket for a water bottle on the outside.
on January 10, 2014
I ordered this backpack yesterday, it was $18.99 I see that today it is $15, not a big deal but grrrrrr I hate it when that happens! The backpack was delivered in less then a day! I checked it out to make sure I did not get a fake as that seems to be happening. So I made sure I ordered from a Amazon fulfillment center. I could have picked one from the hop skip website, it $20 but I needed (wanted it) by our next outing in a few days.
My child is 15 months old and spends short amount of time (1.5hrs a week) at a gym daycare, and we go out shopping, story time etc and I did not need the whole fully stocked diaper bag. what was happening was leave the diaper bag in the car and hope we didn't need a change, then I started keeping a diaper, wipes and some snack pouches in my purse, this got old fast and I needed to leave those items with my kid and didn't want to leave my purse so after looking at solutions I decided this was the cutest backpack ever and my daughter can have it with us, it is not big and bulky like a diaper bag, but better then using my purse!
As soon as it arrived I emptied all the baby stuff out of my purse/bag the backpack will hold diapers, wipes, a jacket, and more! I was concerned about it being too small as some people pointed out, but since we have 1.5 years before pre-school I thought it was worth the cost if we used it 3 times a week for a year+ and if it lasts into pre-school even better! I have a feeling that I will mostly be carrying the bag for her, My daughter wore it for a little while, the straps are very adjustable, they will fit a small toddler all the way to an adult.
It says it comes with a snack pouch, I was a little disappointed to learn that the snack pack is just the front pocket. They should have called it a insulated snack pocket. Snack pouch sounded to me like something we could remove from the backpack, fill with snacks. But there is a matching lunch bag that I will get if we need meals on the go regularly. Right now this backpack is perfect for our needs. I am so happy I don't have to keep my kids stuff in my bag anymore. This is so much easier to carry. I will still keep the fully stocked diaper bag in the car (because what else am I going to do with it) it has the emergency supplies, sunblock, teething gel, tylenol.
on May 30, 2017
I bought the owl backpack for my 2 1/2 year old son. He loves it! I was worried that it might be too big after looking at the pictures, but it fits him nicely with room to grow. I think he'll get a few more years of use out of it. The quality is very good. We went on a trip and he kept his toys, lovey blanket, and a board book in there. He feels like a big boy having a backpack like his big brother and sister.
One person found this helpful
on March 17, 2017
This backpack is soooo adorable, my 3 year old daughter loves it!! I had purchased her the owl lunch box a while before this backpack and she wouldnt leave without it, now the same goes for her backpack, she is so proud of her matching set and I love that's its not pink or flowery (love gender neutral colors) because that means when she doesn't want it anymore I can give it away to either a boy or a girl. The only thing I wish was that it had a zipper pocket on the inside to keep little items, but Im grateful for the side pocket to put her water bottle.
on July 22, 2013
As others have stated, this is a great backpack for toddlers and even preschoolers and fits the smaller frame of little kids well. However, you cannot fit a standard sized 8.5x11 notebook inside or a normal folder without the edges bending and so would not work for kindergarteners. But it's just fine for a full change of clothes and a lunch bag; we also use ours to keep the kids' activities for car/plane trips - an iPad fits just fine and smaller coloring books, too. I have no complaints abut the durability of this product, my kid used it 5 days a week for 2 years of pre-school. We liked it enough we bought a second one for another child. I would recommend and would not hesitate to buy again (although I'd buy a different animal for variety because they're all so cute).
2 people found this helpful
on July 25, 2016
We have this backpack for our daughter for almost three years now. It has been in a lot of washes, but it still looks as new and as well-built as when we first go it. To be fair, she wasn't using it for regular school. She was using it for day care, which the backpack was not really being taking out or putting it back during the day.

Pro: Absolutely adorable style; super quality material and construction; reasonably priced (I paid $12.49 in 2013)

Con: none, I only wish they have a bigger version for older kids (elementary school age). It fits for preschool children, maybe up to kindergartener but no more.