Industrial Deals Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 17, 2015
I ordered 3 straw sippy cups at the same time from Amazon to compare them all. I got this one by SKIP HOP, the THINKBABY one (just the straw bottle, not all the other training ones), and the LOLLACUP. The Skip Hop is the most affordable at around $6, and the Lollacup was most expensive at $15.

Aesthetic Design:
Skip Hop: the design is really cute and it comes in many colors and animal options. It has a strap on the side for carrying instead of handles, which to me is a negative. Inspecting it up close, this product does not feel like it will last as long as the others. The plastic and the colors seem cheaper.
ThinkBaby: the quality of the materials and finish is the best of all 3 bottles so it looks like a very high end bottle, but it only seems to come in 1 color on Amazon so not much flexibility. I love that it has handles which you can also easily remove.
Lollacup: I like this design the best because it's very adorable. However, it doesn't seem to fit into any cup holders unless you remove the handles, which is unfortunate. The bottle is not as easy to hold without its handles since it is kind of round and chunky.

Straw Design:
Skip Hop: this is a normal one piece straw. It's very generous of Skip Hop to provide an extra straw with the purchase so you can change them out when the first gets too worn.
ThinkBaby: an interesting straw design because it has a very small X-cut opening at the top. This straw seems to be a great training straw as the flow of the water or liquid will be less than the other two bottles. If your toddler bites the straw to make the opening bigger and then sucks, the water will come out faster.
LollaCup: has a weighted bottom on the straw, which is meant to help toddlers get the water at the bottom even when they tilt the cup up, however it did not seem to work perfectly and remained in the same spot even when tilted by me. I don't find this feature helpful or necessary.

Opening/Closing Mechanism:
All three bottles click into a lock to hide the straw and it is not difficult to close them. When opening them, I found the Skip Hop to be a little "sticky" to open...like rubber dragging against plastic difficult but I think a toddler can still open it. The Lollacup was the easiest and smoothest to open, and the ThinkBaby was somewhere in the middle.

Spills:
Skip Hop: when flipped upside down, dripped a steady stream of water where the straw left a small opening with the top. If shaken, will definitely spill water out.
ThinkBaby: when held upside down, no water came out at all. When shaken upside down, drops of water did come out but it was not a large amount. I was very impressed by this bottle as it was the best in the spill tests I did.
Lollacup: held upside down, drops of water did come out. When tilted at a 45degree angle, a stream of water came out. Water definitely came out if shaken but not as much as with the Skip Hop bottle.

I can't yet comment on longevity...I believe the ThinkBaby will last the longest with the Skip Hop lasting the least.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
60 helpful votes
61 helpful votes
on November 28, 2016
do you think the bottles from skip hop are cute and with very lovely pictures on it? I was attracted by the prints and cute looking of this bottle. This is the first purchase and bought for my nephew, that can help him transfer from nipples to bottles.
it is cute and he loves this bottle, but my sister has some complaints:
she said this bottle leaks, but not really serious leaking problem, she just think it's not good for the little one!
the prints are easy to get scratches, so it will be not as pretty soon..this is the prolem for me. but it is not expensive anyway.
i'd like to give a 3.5 stars, but without this choice..that'd difficult to make a decision..
7 helpful votes
8 helpful votes
Enthusiast: Guitaron September 25, 2016
If you are actually at the point of reading reviews such as this, I'm guessing you are as annoyed as I am at how amazingly frustrating kids' liquid holders can be. Not necessarily to fault the manufacturers -- we are, after all, asking them to produce a bottle that retains a variety of liquids 100% of the time except when your baby sucks on the straw, performs said function while being resistant to being dropped and chewed and banged, and is also easy to clean. It turns out these are not easy criteria to engineer into a bottle.

Having tried many different bottles, I can say that this is our favorite go-to bottle, and we now own 4 for our 2 kids. For awhile we thought the Camelbak bottles were our favorite, but those have 2 limitations: their straw is a little more prone to slipping into the bottle and creating a complete spill of the entire bottles' contents, and they are a little too wide and get stuck in many cup holders. These Skip Hop bottles win on both of those aspects. The straws can still slip a little and leak, and I would have given 4.5 stars if possible -- but they are hands down the best bottles I've found, so I rounded up.
4 helpful votes
on December 27, 2016
I love Skip Hop water bottles. I use them as on the go cups for my toddler. As long as they are closed, they don't leak. They are easy to open and close. They are easy to disassemble and reassemble. They come a part in three pieces. They come with spare pieces.

All toddler cups leak and this one will leak if it gets tipped over while open or if the lid is taken off, but to me that is to be expected. I also use a little precaution when packing just to be safe, like I always pack it up right and in an outside pocket of the diaper bag, just in case the lid gets bumped open all the way. But I have never felt like I really needed to be concerned (I'm just the kind of person who packs travel shampoo in Ziploc baggies for those rare occasions when it does open in the bag and spill all over everything).

I have tried one other version, the Phillips Avent and HATED them because it was too hard to work and take a part.

The one thing I would change (and so I have on mine), I don't like the straps. I remove them (as soon as I get the cups) because I don't use them at all and I don't feel like seeing what velcro does after multiple times through a dishwasher. FYI, it is difficult to remove the plastic ring and strap because they are meant to stay on there permanently.

TIP: If you aren't picky about what color or creature is on them, shop around and there are normally a couple on amazon that are a little bit cheaper than the rest. The prices fluctuate, so the lowest price creature/color won't always be the same.

on April 3, 2016
I actually like these quite a bit, we have 4 now for all over a year, 2+ on a couple of them. I recently decided to remove the strap, it's a nice idea but I think we used it 4 times in all, mostly it's annoying and finally when each one got so nasty looking no amount of cleaning helped I just took it off. Dur moment. The straws get to a point that they just really can't be sterilized any longer, no amount of scrubbing can remove the mold in the tiny spots. They haven't fallen apart or fallen out as some poster said, I can't even see how they could as you have to insert from the inside of the lid out. One did get bit off but that's kids for you! It is gets disgustingly filthy being 3 parts, too bad it can be a solid injection molded straw rather than the design. Which is why eventually you can't clean it all completely.

But the lid... My pet peave. The underside way inside is a dishwashers nightmare. Nothing can clean it. The rubber seal gets gunky too. Eventually you will have to get a long stranded brush to get in deep, and remove the gasket often to clean it all thoroughly. I waited to long to pull it all apart one time, thinking the dishwasher and my straw cleaning brush were doing fine, then one day a long string of mold came lose from between the lid and straw. Barf!!!! So needless to say I remove all the pieces every time now. Pain in the a##. I ordered new straws and will do that until they are completely useless or break or I just cannot clean anymore because the kids do love them. They hold a good amount, are light weight, easy grip for small hands and always work. No drips when they're upright either but yeah they don't do well upside down shoved into the back of a carseat, ugh. I won't buy more but we have gotten a ton of life out of there ones we have.
on January 15, 2017
This cup is very cute. I loved that is had a cover for the straw. Unfortunately after having it for about 3 weeks the tip of the straw tore. I am not sure if it us due to my 15 month old biting it or normal wear and tear. I cut that part off but now the top of the straw comes very close to the tab (not sure what that tab is for on the cap it was in the way before the cut) so it gets in the way of using the straw properly. I just wanted to give a heads up to parents to study their baby items after every use to avoid possible choking.
review imagereview image
on September 21, 2016
These are adorable and they hold up for a long time and even come with a replacement straw Incase your child is a chewer like mine. However, the only complaint I have is that the adorable pictures on the bottle scratch off super easy. I wish the company would put a sealing coat of paint to protect the picture because by there third week we're already had some of it scratched off by my active toddler. Other than that I love them, we have 5 of them and don't intend of buying any other brand.
4 helpful votes
on April 3, 2015
I bought one of these from TJ Maxx and then i saw it here and these have the velcro tags ,the one from the store didnot. but i agree with all other reviewes about the following negative things :
1. doesnt with stand drops [not made for toddlers as they claim to be]