Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 235 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 272 reviews
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 18, 2014
I have ordered four of these items for my kids over the period of a year and am already prepared to purchase them a couple of more times.
As an experienced owner, I can tell what will happen during the life cycle of this bottle

1- Early days: You will be very happy for having bought the cutest straw bottle on the market. Skip hop is the leading producer of the most attractive child gadgets. They can be made sets starting from the fork to backpacks and kids really love the concept. I see that most kids in my son's daycare have some sort of skiphop items.

2- The straw will go off: That is the weakest link as stated my some reviewers. At some point you will notice that the straw is not in the place and at most cases you will not even be able to find it since your kid might have dropped it somewhere.

3- The colors will fade due to being frequently washed in the dishwasher. That time (after a couple of months of purchase) it will be still very functional so you may not care that much.

4- The cap that hides the pipette will be lost and pipette will stay exposed to outside which is the end of the life and there you need a new one.

This order of events happened to all my purchases. Apart from that, it may leak when turned upside down and shaked but you may complete the life cycle without experiencing this problem as well. My kids love these items and carry them everywhere we go. Therefore, I can not blame the company for not making more durable items (they survive pretty well considering the constant abuse from 2-3 years old kids).

Will keep buying as long as the below $6 price stays..
33 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2016
These ARE not top rack safe.
My kids of kids drop (see: throw a hissy fit and launch them) these all the time they don't break. Tile, porcelain tile, hardwood, laminate, concrete, from off tables from their or just standing there from tiny stature they don't break.
I have put 3 through the dishwasher, different styles over a 4 year span, It NEVER fails, first time the kids throw them and they break. The break is all in the exact same position, on the bottom in a bell curve, from the outer dented in edge to the center stamp and back to the outer edge. Oddly enough I've washed each one of the three in a different dishwasher, but always top rack, and once with the dry setting and twice without it.

HAND WASH THIS!
on January 6, 2016
I have several of the Owl and Lady Bug bottles. We love them. My 18 month old can open and close hers by herself and they rarely leak when closed, unlike most sippy cups. I have not had an issue with them getting scratched or looking badly and we use the dishwasher to clean them, other than normal wear ours look the same as they did 7 months ago. I have not even used the spare straws that were sent with the cup. I did drop one on my wood floor recently and the plastic cap that covers the straw broke in half. I am ordering more because they have worked out well for us.
on March 23, 2017
I'm sure it won't take long for my daughter to throw this cup and break it but it was cheap enough that I can afford to replace it if needed. She loves the owl picture and says "hoo hoo" whenever she sees it. She's 16 months old and can easily flip it open by herself and close it. If it tips on it's side, it does spill a bit but not as much as another straw cup we have so I'm happy!
on November 27, 2015
I bought a bottle previously and it broke with 1 drop within a month. I thought it might be because that was a hard drop so I went ahead and order another one because I like the design and it matches the book bag from Skip Hop. . The second one broke within a month too!!! ....And it was a minor drop by my daughter accidentally. Don't wasted your money on this unless you can guarantee that you are never ever going to drop it. Very poor quality from Skip Hop I should say. Definitely never going to buy this again.
on July 27, 2013
Update after 2.5 years:
Everyone agrees that good straw cups are a must have for toddlers. Yet, mommies all over the world know just how hard it is to find one. From leaking to poor suctioning, the problem list continues. Manufacturers are bringing out new and improved features daily trying to woo you into buying them. Yet, sometimes, simple is the best. I have tried at least 25 different straw cups for my toddler when he mastered the art of drinking from a straw at 18 months. Hands down the best cup we have is the Skip Hop straw bottle. Firstly it has adorable animal prints that features in all skip hop collections. So your child gets to chose any animal print they want. I wish they would come out with vehicle themes as well (my kiddo is a sucker for that). Secondly, it does not leak. I swear! We have thrown it down the stairs, into the car, down the slide and yes, it still does not leak and is very sturdy. Third factor is safety- it is BPA-free. Fourth, it is easy for an 18 month old to get a drink of water from this bottle. Imagine your little one trying very hard when he/she is thirsty to get a sip of water and the suction is too hard! Nothing more frustrating than that. Skip Hop does not disappoint. And lastly, it is very pocket friendly at $6.00 from the website and as less as $3.99 when on sale in Target/ Walmart/Meijer.

Now down to the bad aspect. Nothing can be perfect, although this little bottle is very close to being perfect.
1. I wish the straw had one of those heavy things at the end that would facilitate drinking even the last sip. It would also help with not having to angle the bottle correctly when the water level is low. The new 2013 models have longer straws- hedgehog, shark, dinosaur prints.
2. I wish the print on the from would stay and not chip away with use. It kinda makes the bottle look old when that happens.
3. The strap should be detachable. It is almost impossible to keep that clean :) (I just snapped it right off).
Overall, a big thumbs up from this mama. Good job Skip Hop!

-----
Original review:
I just got this bottle in monkey (red). My bottle didnt have a BPA free sticker. However, it did have the sticker at the bottom which I could just simply pull off without leaving any mark whatsoever. Maybe they changed their glue? :)
Personally I hate bottles that require you to suck the heck out to quench your thirst and so I tried it before giving it to my 18 month old. I found it a bit difficult to get water. So I took off the bottom attachment and water flows nice and easy- how I like it. Just a tip, if someone is using this for a little guy or girl to make things easy when they are thirsty.
I don;t know if it would live up to my toddlers throwing around. Will update.
on August 1, 2016
This bottle looks like nice but not for a long time. I bought it in June and it's very hurt after one month. It looks like older than 30 days only...
review image
on July 20, 2016
I'm so upset!!! I've bought 4 different water bottles for my toddler son. I was so excited to get this one because the reviews were great and it's very cute! But it leaks!! There is a small hole right where the straw is on top of the cup. It should have a plastic thing covering the hole acting as a vent while you drink it. Mine doesn't have it so it just pours water out! So upset!
on March 7, 2017
Good quality. Super cute & my 3 year loves it. I like the you can shut it over the straw to keep germs off it. Not much to say except we love it. Would recommend.
on October 23, 2013
I was searching for a good water bottle for my kindergartner and this is IT! Let me start by saying that I have ONLY put water in this bottle(not juice or milk) so I have not had issues with clogging or molding.
The bottle is easier to assemble than the well known brands (such as Gerber or NUK).
The straw has a special tip that allows it to actually reach all the way to the bottom AND it comes with an extra straw!
The strap is a GREAT way for a child to carry this around. It easily straps onto a backpack, or lunch bag.
My favorite part is that the spout/straw can be covered (unlike some other bottles that we have tried), so the bottle does NOT sit in the classroom and collect germs all over the mouth piece! Also, when the cover is closed the bottle does NOT leak at all. When it is open, however, it does leak (but I personally don't care because my kids don't throw bottles around).
PLUS they are SO cute that even my 2 year old loves drinking water out of them! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!