Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 17, 2015
I ordered 3 straw sippy cups at the same time from Amazon to compare them all. I got this one by SKIP HOP, the THINKBABY one (just the straw bottle, not all the other training ones), and the LOLLACUP. The Skip Hop is the most affordable at around $6, and the Lollacup was most expensive at $15.

Aesthetic Design:
Skip Hop: the design is really cute and it comes in many colors and animal options. It has a strap on the side for carrying instead of handles, which to me is a negative. Inspecting it up close, this product does not feel like it will last as long as the others. The plastic and the colors seem cheaper.
ThinkBaby: the quality of the materials and finish is the best of all 3 bottles so it looks like a very high end bottle, but it only seems to come in 1 color on Amazon so not much flexibility. I love that it has handles which you can also easily remove.
Lollacup: I like this design the best because it's very adorable. However, it doesn't seem to fit into any cup holders unless you remove the handles, which is unfortunate. The bottle is not as easy to hold without its handles since it is kind of round and chunky.

Straw Design:
Skip Hop: this is a normal one piece straw. It's very generous of Skip Hop to provide an extra straw with the purchase so you can change them out when the first gets too worn.
ThinkBaby: an interesting straw design because it has a very small X-cut opening at the top. This straw seems to be a great training straw as the flow of the water or liquid will be less than the other two bottles. If your toddler bites the straw to make the opening bigger and then sucks, the water will come out faster.
LollaCup: has a weighted bottom on the straw, which is meant to help toddlers get the water at the bottom even when they tilt the cup up, however it did not seem to work perfectly and remained in the same spot even when tilted by me. I don't find this feature helpful or necessary.

Opening/Closing Mechanism:
All three bottles click into a lock to hide the straw and it is not difficult to close them. When opening them, I found the Skip Hop to be a little "sticky" to open...like rubber dragging against plastic difficult but I think a toddler can still open it. The Lollacup was the easiest and smoothest to open, and the ThinkBaby was somewhere in the middle.

Spills:
Skip Hop: when flipped upside down, dripped a steady stream of water where the straw left a small opening with the top. If shaken, will definitely spill water out.
ThinkBaby: when held upside down, no water came out at all. When shaken upside down, drops of water did come out but it was not a large amount. I was very impressed by this bottle as it was the best in the spill tests I did.
Lollacup: held upside down, drops of water did come out. When tilted at a 45degree angle, a stream of water came out. Water definitely came out if shaken but not as much as with the Skip Hop bottle.

I can't yet comment on longevity...I believe the ThinkBaby will last the longest with the Skip Hop lasting the least.
review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 27, 2016
I love Skip Hop water bottles. I use them as on the go cups for my toddler. As long as they are closed, they don't leak. They are easy to open and close. They are easy to disassemble and reassemble. They come a part in three pieces. They come with spare pieces.

All toddler cups leak and this one will leak if it gets tipped over while open or if the lid is taken off, but to me that is to be expected. I also use a little precaution when packing just to be safe, like I always pack it up right and in an outside pocket of the diaper bag, just in case the lid gets bumped open all the way. But I have never felt like I really needed to be concerned (I'm just the kind of person who packs travel shampoo in Ziploc baggies for those rare occasions when it does open in the bag and spill all over everything).

I have tried one other version, the Phillips Avent and HATED them because it was too hard to work and take a part.

The one thing I would change (and so I have on mine), I don't like the straps. I remove them (as soon as I get the cups) because I don't use them at all and I don't feel like seeing what velcro does after multiple times through a dishwasher. FYI, it is difficult to remove the plastic ring and strap because they are meant to stay on there permanently.

TIP: If you aren't picky about what color or creature is on them, shop around and there are normally a couple on amazon that are a little bit cheaper than the rest. The prices fluctuate, so the lowest price creature/color won't always be the same.

on January 15, 2017
This cup is very cute. I loved that is had a cover for the straw. Unfortunately after having it for about 3 weeks the tip of the straw tore. I am not sure if it us due to my 15 month old biting it or normal wear and tear. I cut that part off but now the top of the straw comes very close to the tab (not sure what that tab is for on the cap it was in the way before the cut) so it gets in the way of using the straw properly. I just wanted to give a heads up to parents to study their baby items after every use to avoid possible choking.
review image review image
on September 21, 2016
These are adorable and they hold up for a long time and even come with a replacement straw Incase your child is a chewer like mine. However, the only complaint I have is that the adorable pictures on the bottle scratch off super easy. I wish the company would put a sealing coat of paint to protect the picture because by there third week we're already had some of it scratched off by my active toddler. Other than that I love them, we have 5 of them and don't intend of buying any other brand.
on October 17, 2016
Unbelievably cute! These are such good toddler bottles. The straws are very easy for my little one to use, plus it comes with an extra straw. They are 12 oz bottles, which are larger than most other brands. The company who makes these are European-based and it's a good quality product. My daughter likes to throw her cups/ bottles in the ground and these hold up. The tops stay on. The Velcro loop is a nice feature. They are dishwasher safe and the images have not come off so far after a few washes. With the lid closed, these are totally spill-proof. Liquid will leak out of the straw if the lid is open and the bottle is tipped over, but that's not the manufacturer's fault, it's science. 😉 Overall, these are the best sippy bottles I've come across. I will definitely be buying more!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 15, 2016
Please note that this is not a training cup for toddlers. They'll drink using the straw, not sip. The bottle also won't work if your kids are still in the stage of raising the bottle high to drink what's inside as the water needs to be sucked through the straw.
Pro - Super cute and stylish (for kids). My son and daughter really like the design of the bottle and they enjoy the process of picking their favorite picture when we're buying. It's very nice of Skip Hop to include an extra straw in the package. The cup and bottle seals ok. They don't leak as long as you make sure they are closed tightly each time. I also like how there is a cover on the cup so you can close it when you're outside to prevent the dirts get into straw/bottle.
Con - The pictures on the bottle fakes very quickly if you use dish washer machine to wash it or hand wash with some harder materials. Ours last only 2 months and the pictures start to go bad. Another thing to note is that after using/washing it for a while, the straw will sometimes become bent and it makes kids really difficult to reach to the water on the bottom.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 19, 2015
I got these straw cup for my 15 month old son and it is great! He learned how to suck out of a straw without me ever having to "teach" him and loves this cup. Personally, I love the cute design; comes in many colors and animal options, right sized, and the fact that the weighted end of the straw keeps the straw in the liquid. It also comes with a replacement straw which is great.

However, it's true that this is not perfect. It does leak when the straw cover is open and held upside down. The air hole is a small opening (no rubber stopper inside), so if turned upside down, the water just drip-drip-drips out. And of course, my son found it so funny that he would even shake the bottle more. We still use the bottle, mainly for just water and no juice, milk, or anything that could leave a bad smell since it's a plastic. But we have to keep an eye on our son while he uses it. Would I recommend this? Yes if you have a bigger toddler who is already understand that this is not a shaker toy.
on August 1, 2017
Cute water bottle with all parts can be taken apart for cleaning. It is very important for a kiddie bottle because of their grabby hands, things can get dirty very quickly and dirt can get everywhere.
The missing one star is because of the image printed on the bottle. After using it biweekly for about 2 months, the dino image is peeling off after came out of the dish washer. We have 3 of these Skip Hop Zoo bottles and I rotate them, the other 2 designs are fine, this dino one is the only one that's peeling off. I don't mind it but I expected a lot more from this company.
As a water bottle, it does what it's supposed to do. No complaints in that regard.
review image