Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon thechi thechi thechi  Echo Dot Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on October 11, 2015
My baby loves staring, batting and grasping at the dangly bits and doing tummy time on the mat -- there are a lot of cool textures, squeakers and "feelies" on the mat that I didn't appreciate at first. My preschooler enjoys pretending she's a baby in it and has already claimed the squirrel dangler as "hers." The cats both adore it and fight for the center spot whenever the baby isn't there. I love how much our baby loves it -- big sister was never interested in her older, plasticky baby gym -- and how happily she'll play while I wash dishes, cook, etc. I also love how soft it is and how relatively natural the colors and materials are. Baby gyms always seemed excessive to me -- can't you just dangle something over them another way? -- but this has actually been more than worth it. The mat itself is washable, the toys are a nice mix of batting/grasping toys (and also good for tummy time) and it's not too offensive to look at in the middle of our living room. It will be hard to explain to the cats where it went when baby outgrows it, though...
I bought this after reading great reviews on it and I did a lot of research. My daughter loved this! She still plays with some of the animals at 6 months old now, but she outgrew it around 4 months when she started rolling a lot. She just ran out of space so we started putting blankets down on the floor for her instead.

This was fantastic while we needed it though!!
on March 28, 2017
I've had a few different play gyms, got this for my fourth babe. Toys are nicer quality than most but the mat itself i find to be a little rough, though I haven't tried washing it. Some of the toys jingle or rattle. I was trying to get away from some of the mats with bright lights or annoying music, but perhaps some sort of musical part would have been nice. I always buy extra links to put toys at baby's reach. Pillow nice but maybe a little high, one time baby rolled off of it and was really upset. Mirror can be removed for washing
on September 7, 2017
The mirror appears a bit distorted which I think my baby was a little freaked out by at first, he didn't like looking in it but there was no way to fix it because its just soft on the back and you cant really make it more concave or convex as needed. Also the straps on the back to attach to crib or elsewhere are really short and the Velcro isn't very long so it wont wrap around the banister of the crib and I ended up having to tie the strings in a knot instead to attach. The little animals are cute and have Velcro on the back and the baby like to bat them around when he is laying in his crib. For the price this product could be made better but it isn't all bad either.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
An absolute must-have!!! I have the same activity gym, still in excellent condition, after three babies and we are still going strong with it! It has been all of my children's favorite toy until shortly before walking age. It has also lasted years and that is more than I could have ever hoped for. With the way products are made these days, you're lucky to get something to last a year, let alone close to 4.5 years (and three babies later). I am also impressed that the bird still makes noise after all this time too. Overall, best baby toy buy I've ever had. BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 22, 2014
My wife and I have been using this play mat for our daughter since she was just a few weeks old. It has been exciting to see her progress through all of the different activities and toys that this play mat has to offer.

We practiced some of her fine motor skills with all of the different dangling toys when she could only play on her back. The ringed bird was definitely her favorite to grab and hold on to.

We used the pillow as we were first starting out with "tummy time" to give her a little assistance as she allowed her muscles to develop. Eventually, she was able to do "tummy time" without the pillow.

Now she is at about 6 months and rolls back and forth on the mat to grab some of the other dangling toys, She is also starting to crawl just a little bit as she tries to reach for some of the more "distant" toys relative to her location on the mat.

This has been a great purchase for us. The activities have really been perfect as she progresses through her stages of development. I would highly recommend this play mat!
Love this! My husband likes to spend time, nightly, with our newborn and this mat - mainly encouraging tummy time (or son has already rolled from tummy to back multiple times at just three weeks old!), but also to get our son to focus on the dangling toys. It's a very cute, quality item (like all Skip Hop items are - we own a lot), and definitely recommended.
on December 14, 2013
I bought this for my daughter as a present; she is just shy of five months, and she seems to have a blast. The animals are colorful and generally in her reach. She enjoyed holding the ring on the bird, and batting at the other animals.

There are a couple leaves that crinkle, which she went for right away. The mat has a few different textures, which are nice for her to feel around for.

The mirror in the mat was also fun for her. She kept staring during "tummy time" at the mirror.

I almost bought a gym with music, lights, and sounds, but I am glad I opted for this instead. I feel I would have been driven to distraction, as would my daughter. I think it depends on the personalities of the kid and parents, though, as to what is the right level of stimulation.

I rated the toy highly, as I also get the impression that the toy will grow with her: the squeaking flower in the mat seems like it would require concentration to find, and the mirror hanging in the apple will be nice when she is working on sitting.

Bottom line: there are lots of things for baby to do on this playmat, without being overstimulating/overwhelming.
on April 23, 2017
Everything is great except the toys aren't as reactive as I'd prefer; the squeaker in the squirrel, the squeezable speaker with bird and water sounds in the little bird, and the chime in the owl require more strength and dexterity (and fine targeting of stuff buried out of sight) than a 5mo is likely to have. Something for her to work toward, but it'd be nice if she could get more interactivity right now.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 12, 2013
Like many reviewers I love the color and style of the gym. My LO has had some moments where he has enjoyed kicking the owl or batting at the green bird. Bought this at 3 months old and we have owned for around a month. Unfortunately he is seldom content playing on his own in this. I have not gotten the 15 minutes to do chores (shower) etc as other mom reviewers have stated. I'm still hopeful though.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.