Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on September 7, 2017
The mirror appears a bit distorted which I think my baby was a little freaked out by at first, he didn't like looking in it but there was no way to fix it because its just soft on the back and you cant really make it more concave or convex as needed. Also the straps on the back to attach to crib or elsewhere are really short and the Velcro isn't very long so it wont wrap around the banister of the crib and I ended up having to tie the strings in a knot instead to attach. The little animals are cute and have Velcro on the back and the baby like to bat them around when he is laying in his crib. For the price this product could be made better but it isn't all bad either.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 10, 2016
I'll admit - I was a skeptic. I wanted my home after a baby to be as clutter-free as possible, so I was really turned off to anything that could take up a lot of room. Jumperoos, Bumbos, swings, and yes, activity gyms. I reluctantly put this on my registry after many mom friends said I should, thinking I'd never want to take it out.

Boy, was I wrong. I had no idea how wonderful this gym would be for my little one. I first put her on the mat at one month old, and even at that age she could spend up to an hour on it, happy as a clam. Not only are the colors muted and calm, but baby girl just loves it. Now at four months, she's rolling and grabbing, and drooling all over the thing. It's by far her favorite activity as we play on it at least once a day.

Baby toys don't have to be obnoxious in color or volume to be entertaining for them. In fact, I think the subtle rattle sounds of the animals and the squeaking mat provides an opportunity for babies to focus even further on the details.
Best of all, this can be folded up and put away! Hooray for a clutter-free home!

But seriously, I'd recommend this to anyone having a child.
review image
on February 24, 2012
We have some other toys by Skip Hop and they are cute as can be. This mirror... not so much. I read the other reviews which seemed to be conflicting with each other, so I decided to buy this and decide for myself. We ended up returning this toy, and here's why:

1. We have the set of three owls that match the little owls on this mirror. However, the colors on this toy seem much more faded or washed out than those owls--not quite as vibrant.

2. The entire mirror is rather upright and not very substantial. I did not actually take it out of the packaging, because I knew we were taking it back, but if we had, I could just foresee what my son would do: grab the owls, yank on them, and pull the whole mirror over on his head. Granted, it wouldn't hurt him--bought we wanted a mirror for him to look at himself in, and I just didn't see this toy providing that.

3. The little bits of grass that cover the mirror at the bottom cover too much. For a baby who is just creeping or just rolling over, there's no way they'd be able to see themselves in this mirror.

4. Here is the biggest reason we sent this back. The mirror is like a funhouse mirror. It doesn't give a real reflection. My son loved to look at himself in the bathroom mirrors, so we wanted to give him a toy mirror he could use regularly. We have other toys with better mirrors than this one. WAY better. That is the whole reason we bought this and since it didn't perform that basic function, we returned it.

Hope this helps some of you other potential customers! :)
11 comment| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 6, 2016
I had put this on my registry because it looked so cute. Little did I know how much fun my daughter would have with it and for how long.

We started laying her on the mat when she was just a couple months old. This was one of the first toys she showed any interest in. Initially she loved to bat at the owl (the bell in it kept her interested) and eventually learned to kick the side poles to make the entire gym shake. As she got bigger she grew interested in the other toys. She could stay occupied for a good 20 minutes at a time.

Now that she's up and crawling, she still enjoys the gym. She'll crawl over and grab the toys or play with the crinkly-sounding leaves.

The only real downside is that washing the mat wrecked the little mirror, so it's no longer reflective (it seems to have fogged up permanently). But that's really no big deal considering how much fun she's having otherwise.
review imagereview imagereview image
on September 24, 2017
 What a great playmat! My 3 month old baby absolutely loves it. The hanging toys dangle at the right height, the quality is great and they hold her attention for long periods of time. She also enjoys tummy time with the support cushion and mirror. Of everything we've purchased for her, this is by far our favorite.
review image
on June 6, 2017
Great product! I used this all through my son's tummy time days and he loved batting at the different figures. It folds up and stores very easily, which I needed for our small space. The great thing is that now that he no longer needs to use the mat, I removed the toys that hang and he is still able to play with them.
on October 6, 2012
My son is 2 1/2 weeks old and has just started waking for longer periods of time. We have been giving him gym time for a few minutes every morning and evening and he has become more alert, more responsive, and more interested in the sounds and sights every time. I love having a place to lay down and discover new things, especially since his activities are so limited at his age.

And, in terms of style, I really like the fact that this product isn't too baby-ish, so it doesn't look too out of place in our home office. I highly recommend this product, especially for young babies.
on June 29, 2015
My 3 month old son loves this. Bought it cuz it wasn't as ugly and tacky as some of the other mats I've seen. Good quality. Animals are cute!
on July 15, 2017
Adorable, baby loves it! Cracks up at himself during tummy time and encourages him to keep his head up!
on May 15, 2017
Love it! SO cute!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.