Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Skip Hop Activity Book Treetop Friends
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Shop Now

Color: Treetop Friends|Change

on June 19, 2012
I make a lot of my kids stuff because sometimes I just can't find the quality I want. I just received the Skip Hop soft activity toy today, and went right on here to write a review. It is really beautifully made. So many different fabric textures, and the little animals pictured are multidimensional and adorable. This toy has the character and quality of something lovingly handmade. My son was fussy a minute ago and as soon as I gave him this toy he was immediately engaged. He is currently enjoying chewing on the banana :D Really great toy. Would definitely recommend it. And a huge plus, the little strap to hook it onto car seat/stroller/anything. It will be coming with us on walks from now on. Thanks skip hop for another adorably great toy!
on August 2, 2015
Our baby loves this toy, and it matches his other jungle motif items like the GEENNY Boutique Bedding Animal Scholar. He especially likes the different textures of the book and the crinkly noise it makes. The photos show both sides of the entire book. The book doesn't normally stay with baby in his crib.
review image review image
VINE VOICEon January 15, 2014
Color: Giraffe Safari|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've purchased a few Skip Hop products before. Some have been really good, others have been a big disappointment. This soft book kind of falls in between. The idea is cute, but it doesn't really hold my 11 mos old nieces attention.

I thought this soft book would be a big hit and couldn't wait to give it to my 11 mos old niece. She loves puppet books (Itsy Bitsy Spider is a fav, along with Curious George). She loves teethers. She loves the soft books with flaps and crinkles. This book has all of that. It should have been a sure thing...but for some reason she doesn't play with it at all.

I love that it has a loop that you can attach it to a car seat or stroller, and that it can be washed

The colors and graphics are cute, but it only has one center flap, so I guess you could say it has 4 "pages". Most of the pages are just soft. One flap on the tree is crinkle. The animals have textured fabric, but everything else is smooth. I wish the book would have had more fabric textures on the inside pages.

I would say that the biggest drawback...at least for me is that the puppets are spaced awkwardly for my hands and makes it hard to animate the giraffe and turtle at the same time. I do have smaller hands, so that may be part of the reason I have problems with it, but the finger holes aren't terribly large. As a result I don't know how larger fingers (men's) may fit.

Overall, I liked the potential of this soft activity book then the reality of it. The puppets are awkward. It only has one internal page. The textures are limited and it just isn't interesting to my 11 mos old niece. She prefers the other two soft books that I have to this one, and the three other puppet books I have for her, which is a shame because I had high hopes for this one :( Especially since it was by far the most expensive of all of them.
on January 11, 2013
The shell is soft and the ear on the elephant is crunchy and inside are a fox, lion, monkey (with teething bananas) and Zebra. The only star missing in the review is there are few words. Inside isn't so stimulating. I'd recommend it for a car seat toy.
on December 8, 2010
It's easy on my eyes and there are lots of different things in this toy for my baby to play with. The details are very thoughtful (hard plastic leaf that acts as a teether, tiny mirror, lots of crinkly plastic) and make this a really great improvement on the usual soft books that are out there.
on December 8, 2012
I was very disappointed in this item. There are no "activities" except for a crinkle sound and a small mirror. The colors are not bright, as shown in the photo, but rather muted and muddy. For what it is, this item is overpriced and will not capture a child's imagination or interest for long. I would not buy it again.
on July 7, 2014
My daughter loves it. Almost an all-in-one toy.

1. Peek a boo flap and embroidered details and textures that works like a "book"
2. Tuggable leaf shaped teether for her to chew whenever she wants
3. Can be easily attached to the stroller with the strap

Training her to read books from young, making it her habit (haha)....

Below is another peek-a-boo book that you may want to consider:

Sharing is caring,

Cheers!
on March 5, 2013
My boy loves this activity book, it could brings lots fun. Only one slight problem is this book got bit smell, I guess could be the new material, tried wipe it with damp cloth, but seems doesn't work. So I avoid my boy chewing with it, and put it away for a while wait for the strange smell fading away.
on January 26, 2011
My son, age 6 months loves this toy. If he's not turning pages, he is chewing on the leaf. The loop that attaches it to things is not very strong so he can easily pull it off his stroller or car seat if I have attached it but it's still worth it. This is one of the most entertaining items we have had. Plus, it's cute. You can't beat the design.
on September 3, 2015
This book is good, and my daughter really likes it. However, the Velcro that's supposed to attach it to the stroller or car seat isn't very strong, so it pulls right off. That's not a huge deal for us, because we'll use other toys for attaching when we're on the go and this book for home. It has a lot of nice features, including the plastic leaf for teething. She also really likes the squeaky mushroom. Overall, we're happy with this purchase and it's gotten good use with our two daughters.