Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Skip Hop: Who's Hiding?
Format: Board book|Change

There are a LOT of positive reviews so please read those as well. I love Skip-Hop toys but was disappointed in the book. The story line was fine but for a baby/toddler book, the flaps are very flimsy and some are very small. I go through and pre-open/close all of the flaps making them easier for the youngsters to use but with this book, the flaps will not last even with supervision. Disappointed in the quality...Hope that will improve in time:)
3 people found this helpful
on February 28, 2014
After receiving the book I was concerned that it was too simple (not a lot of pages, and only one flap to lift for every 2 pages) compared to my granddaughter's other current favorites--but I was wrong. She loved it.
I bought her too much stuff for her birthday (she'll be 2 in 2 days), so decided to give her some books early, and some later. Owls are her favorite animal right now, so I picked this one and another and gave them to her last night. After reading each 6 times it was time for me to leave and she simply wouldn't get off my lap, wanting "owl, owl." Finally foisted it off on her dad so I could sneak out the back.
There's nothing like having a child sitting on your lap and laughing while you read a book, and this book made it happen!
One person found this helpful
on April 26, 2018
A very simple book as Mama Owl is looking for baby owl. Behind the flaps are other baby animals. But don't worry Mama finds baby in the end. My granddaughter enjoy this book.
on April 15, 2014
Yes, this book is a sort of commercial for Skip Hop's toys, but don't Disney and other companies do the same? The fact is, this is a very sweet book about a mama searching for her baby who is hiding. My 7-month-old got this book for Christmas and it immediately captured her attention. She's a year now and it is her favorite book hands down. I'm sure what appeals to her are the bright colors, rhyming words, and the flaps. As others have said, the flaps are pretty sturdy. I'm so glad we found this little treasure of a book!
on April 25, 2017
This book is really cute. It's short and sweet and also simple enough for my 2 year old to understand.
review image
One person found this helpful
on March 1, 2016
Skiphop is super cute and my 15 month old loves animals. Especially owls and monkeys, so this book was a no brainer. The only thing I don't love is that some of the animals look too cartoonish and my son can't really tell what they are.
on October 29, 2017
Bought to match the toy. Very sweet story, very sturdy book.
on August 28, 2015
Super cute, went with an interactive toy that I got for a friend's baby. My only complaint is the actually flaps are kind of hard to open without fraying the edges. I don't have much for fingernails and children's hands are always wet so it seemed like they would be torn pretty easily. The story is adorable, it's easy to follow, illustrations are bright and engaging!
on June 17, 2017
Great Product! Very happy with this purchase.
on December 14, 2016
Bought this for baby's first Christmas, he loves books with the flap lifting feature and is sure to love this book too! Also got him the companion owl toy by Skip Hop to play with after we read.