Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Skip Hop: Who's Hiding?
Celebrity Picks 2016 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Presto! Laundry Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 96 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on October 26, 2013
I got this to go with the Hug & Hide Owl (which was somewhat disappointing, but that's another review.) The book is really cute, with lift-the-flap features that will surely get torn off as soon as my daughter is old enough to play with books on her own. In looking for her baby, the mother owl turns up the babies of the other animals. At the end, all the mothers are holding their babies in their lift-the-flap arms.
Mainly I think it's an advertisement for their line of Hug & Hide animals, and it's pretty effective - even though I wasn't very happy with the owl, I found myself considering the dog & the sheep. Overall, an okay book, but there are better interactive board books out there.
on January 24, 2016
There are a LOT of positive reviews so please read those as well. I love Skip-Hop toys but was disappointed in the book. The story line was fine but for a baby/toddler book, the flaps are very flimsy and some are very small. I go through and pre-open/close all of the flaps making them easier for the youngsters to use but with this book, the flaps will not last even with supervision. Disappointed in the quality...Hope that will improve in time:)
on January 12, 2013
I work with children with special needs ages 2-4 and they all love this book! It has adorable illustrations and is easy to follow along.
on December 12, 2015
Adorable story! My 3 year old son wanted to read it over and over again and we didn't even buy it for him (it was a gift for my nephew)! We bought the stuffed owl toy/rattle along with it. Will make a wonderful gift!
on March 1, 2016
Skiphop is super cute and my 15 month old loves animals. Especially owls and monkeys, so this book was a no brainer. The only thing I don't love is that some of the animals look too cartoonish and my son can't really tell what they are.
on September 6, 2016
My 2 year old son has the Skip Hop plush Owl. He takes Owl everywhere! I was so excited to find a book featuring his best friend, Owl. He loves reading this book. The lift the flap story is like peekaboo and hide and seek combined. Adorable!
on August 28, 2015
Super cute, went with an interactive toy that I got for a friend's baby. My only complaint is the actually flaps are kind of hard to open without fraying the edges. I don't have much for fingernails and children's hands are always wet so it seemed like they would be torn pretty easily. The story is adorable, it's easy to follow, illustrations are bright and engaging!
on February 28, 2014
After receiving the book I was concerned that it was too simple (not a lot of pages, and only one flap to lift for every 2 pages) compared to my granddaughter's other current favorites--but I was wrong. She loved it.
I bought her too much stuff for her birthday (she'll be 2 in 2 days), so decided to give her some books early, and some later. Owls are her favorite animal right now, so I picked this one and another and gave them to her last night. After reading each 6 times it was time for me to leave and she simply wouldn't get off my lap, wanting "owl, owl." Finally foisted it off on her dad so I could sneak out the back.
There's nothing like having a child sitting on your lap and laughing while you read a book, and this book made it happen!
on April 15, 2014
Yes, this book is a sort of commercial for Skip Hop's toys, but don't Disney and other companies do the same? The fact is, this is a very sweet book about a mama searching for her baby who is hiding. My 7-month-old got this book for Christmas and it immediately captured her attention. She's a year now and it is her favorite book hands down. I'm sure what appeals to her are the bright colors, rhyming words, and the flaps. As others have said, the flaps are pretty sturdy. I'm so glad we found this little treasure of a book!
on November 19, 2014
Very cute book and matches our gender neutral Owl-forest animals theme perfectly. It is hard cover. The reason I gave it 4 stars is because I thought it would be a bigger size book but it quite small in my opinion. I wish it was bigger for the price. Otherwise, good book, cute and nice colorful pages with hidden animals in each page.