- File Size: 1806 KB
- Print Length: 253 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Just Charm Publishing (December 1, 2016)
- Publication Date: December 1, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01M5JCGKG
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #213,541 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$14.99|
Save $12.00 (80%)
Skipping Childhood: A Novel (From Abused Foster Child to Adolescent Serial Killer) Kindle Edition
|Length: 253 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
The reason I gave this a 3, is because of spelling, punctuation and incorrect word usage. Routing for rooting, wrong use of there, other errors. Should not depend on spell check. Have a proofreader.
This heartbreaking tale of Deandra Baxter's life deals with a negligent mother addicted to drugs who constantly subjects her daughter to physical harm and pedophiles. But rather than take the abuse, Deandra will do anything to survive and that includes murder.
Overall, Ms. Baker did a great job holding my interest. I was genuinely concerned to find out what was going to become of Deandra. Although at times, it felt very much like I was reading more of a memoir, mixed with fictional fantasies of what the victim would have liked to do to her attackers.
I especially was not sold on the final act her mother did in an attempt to redeem herself. Diane was just too damn selfish to ever do such a thing for Deandra. Not to mention her love for Steven was too strong for anyone to come between, her own husband Eric couldn't even sever their bond. Diane would have again, chosen Steven over Deandra and because of that, I was a bit turned off by the ending.
Even though the story ended in a direction I did not agree with, I was still happy that Deandra finally got the happily ever after she very much deserved.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Coming of Age
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > African American > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > United States > African American > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > United States > African American > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Psychological