Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Skque Micro USB to HDMI 11-Pin MHL Adapter for Samsung Galaxy S3 SIII i9300 i9308 i939
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Ingrid Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

on December 15, 2012
This MHL works perfectly with my Galaxy S3 on Verizon running the Jellybean update that Verizon made available on 12/14/12.

Picture looks great on my 40" tv and sound comes through the tv's speakers. You must plug your charger into the side of this adapter for it to work, the phone can not power it by itself.

I plugged HDMI cable into the tv, then into the adapter. Then I plugged the phone's charger into the wall and the micro usb from the charger into the side of the adapter. Finally, I plugged the adapter into the phone and the phone immediately displayed 'HDMI Cable Connected' and a few seconds later the phone's screen was mirrored on the tv.

One down side is that the phone's screen must remain on in order for it to display on the tv. If you turn off the screen then it also stops displaying on the tv, but I can live with that.
on December 28, 2012
i ordered mine like a week and a half ago came today and hooked it up. I have the Galexy s3 on Verizon. It took a moment to actually synce up to the tv. One the tv had regestered it i was amazed. My HDMI cable ia about 2 feet long so i was pretty close to the Tv. Its verry light and does not feel sturdy. I played a video and a few seconds in it stooped working then a minute or so later it came back on (the sound went to) then it was fine. It did this a few times in the 5 minute video not really satisfied and will probably return it. Get this if ur just using it for music, and maybe games. I would recommend the samsung one.
on December 31, 2012
SOooo frustrating. I know this works for some, but I doubt they'll be happy for long:

First, the good news: I was able to get an HDMI signal out of it briefly, as long as power is properly attached.

HOWEVER...

a) The connector is flaky. I had to hold it together to get the TV signal to remain. Other adapters don't have this problem.

b) Even while holding it, the TV signal often cuts out.

c) WORST thing: even with the original high-power Samsung charger attached, the phone battery drains the entire time you are using this! Thus, you can't watch TV for a long time without the battery dying. That's terrible.

This one goes back.
on December 9, 2012
Need to plug in charger, otherwise won't work. It mirrors my phone to TV. I used it to watch videos and online movies, works well.
on June 14, 2014
I had purchased this right after I had gotten my galaxy s3 for metro pcs. after about ten uses it started cutting out to a fuzzy snowy screen. I would unplug then plug back in and most of the time it would fix it. then my girl got a galaxy s3 from sprint, it never cut out no matter how many times we used it on her phone.so I thought it was just my phone.. I purchased on from a different company that was a split cable. to this day the other one works flawlessly. I never looked into this too much so cant say if it was my phone or the adapter. but to avoid the chance I recommend spending a little more money and getting whatever cable that is made by the company who makes your phone..(this adaptor still works perfect for my wife's gs3 for sprint so I hope this helps some.)
on February 21, 2015
It works, however...... The cable shield pulls out of the mini USB plug if you're not careful, and even on a 2A USB charger, my Samsung galaxy s4 still dies mid movie if I start with 75+% battery.. (The USB port on the box is for powering the converter and charges the phone/tab .

Great for slideshows or something that takes forever to kill the battery, but its fragile and doesn't charge device adiquately to play movies.
on December 24, 2012
I was happy when it was working for my galaxy note 2. It does need power in order for it to work. When there was a slight movement of the phone and cable it would disconnect the video signal. I tried unplugging the micro usb power cable and the entire housing inside the mhl adapter came with the power cable. I am very dissatisfied with this product. Not only is it deffective, it also took over a week an a half to recieve in the same state it was shipped from.
on December 17, 2012
Seems slightly on the cheap (look & feel) side, However this thing has worked great! I use my phone as media streamer / game console emulator and it really is nice to be able to easily hook to any TV with HDMI! There is a great tutorial on Life hacker ( [...]how-to-turn-your-android-into-an-awesome-portable-media-and-gaming-center ) Everyone with a smart pone should set this up, but expecialy if you have something as wonderful as the Note II!!
on December 30, 2012
This product is clearly poorly made. I have not left it out when it was not in use but placed it in a drawer, it has been cared for but 2 days into use and the video cuts in and out every 3 seconds. I have checked the 3 connections; power in, HDMI in and into my Samsung Galaxy S3 and nothing provides a constant video feed! Do not purchase this product. I thought it was an official Samsung product but it is a cheap knock off from China...
on March 8, 2013
My first review was made in error. I recently bought two MHL's via Amazon. The first one was a Menotek, great device, and is exactly what they advertise, works great.

This company sent me the wrong thing. Just FYI, there is a difference between the microusb ports on the GS3 and Note 2. They require a 11 pin microusb port. I ordered this because I have an EVO and Note 2, I needed two. This company sent me a 5 pin, when I ordered an 11 pin. So do not trust them. They will mess up your order. Move on, and buy from another company, not this.