Skullcandy Ink'd (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Price:||$39.98 + $4.99 shipping|
- 11 millimeter drivers with neodymium magnets for full-range sound
- Two sizes of silicone gel earbud sleeves for a perfect fit
- 1.3-meter nylon braided cable with gold-plated 3.5mm plug
- In-ear design allows for passive noise isolation
- Frequency response: 20-20K Hz
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Skullcandy Ink'd (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Panasonic ErgoFit Best in Class In-Ear Earbud Headphones RP-HJE120-K Dynamic Crystal Clear Sound, Ergonomic Comfort-Fit, iPhone, Android Compatible, Noise Isolating Headphones - Black B003EM8008
|Shipping||$4.99||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||BEKIWO||Always.Deals||Amazon.com||Drift Tech|
|Color||Paul Frank White/Yellow||Pink/Black||Black||Pink|
|Dimensions||1.5 inches x 1 inches x 1 inches||1.3 inches x 5.1 inches x 2.6 inches||6.75 inches x 3.6 inches x 3.25 inches||1 inches x 1 inches x 1.5 inches|
|Item Package Weight||0.04 pounds||0.04 pounds||0.05 pounds||0.04 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
Firstly, I want to mention a few important tidbits that you should know.
1. Pay attention to the L and R (engraved on the stem) on these earbuds, which can be hard to see. Do not reverse them, as doing so can affect fit and sound quality. I find putting a piece of colored tape on the right cord makes life easier.
2. Don't assume you know which gel size will fit you best; make sure you try on all 3 gel sizes that come with these, as using the wrong size can dramatically decrease sound quality and comfort. If your earbuds are uncomfortable or the sound quality does not meet your expectations, then you likely have the wrong size gel installed. For myself, I automatically went with the smallest size because my ears are small, but those made the earbuds sound like cheap garbage. It wasn't until I tried the next size up did I get the full quality of sound that these are designed for. So pay attention to this, since it really matters.
3. These have a straight plug, not an L-shaped plug. So you will need to be extra careful as a straight-plug design increases the amount of pressure both on the plug, and the headphone jack of your player.Read more ›
First off, don't think that they are cheaply made because mine broke. From what I have been reading, two years is a good deal of time to have working headphones, especially at the low price of under 20 bucks! If I have to say, I provably contributed to the heavy wear of the jack that plugs into my computer (it is in the front of my laptop, so when the computer slides close to my lap the jack gets pinched).
Being my first pair of non-stock earphones, I don't really have much to say in terms of construction, but as previously mentioned they lasted a helluva long time, so that should carry some weight. Speaking of weight, these buds feel light, but not so much that they feel cheap. Even after a couple of years the wires are intact, and I have had no problems with them up until a couple days ago (one ear bud stopped working, probably due to abuse). The only problem I would say has carried any weight in this department has to be the the fact that the rubber coated wires make a noticable sound through the buds when tapped or rustled (almost sounds like a heartbeat). This could probably be fixed with some comply foam tips instead of the stock silicone ones.
I listen to a variety of music genres through these things, and I can safely say that the sound quality is great across the spectrum. Anything from the highs and mids from classical to the deep undulating bass from dub-step can be heard clearly. They might not hold in a battle against some $100+ buds, but for this price they are awesome.
All in all, I am rating the Ink'd buds a 4/5, only because of the sound producing wires (see 'Construction'). If I could give it a 4.5 I would.
First of all can I say could people PLEASE stop whining about noise being transmitted through the cords to your ears, this is the same principle as a tin can connected with a taught piece of string, it is not the earbuds fault!
Appearance wise these buds look pretty cheap and flimsy compared with the Senheisers. The cord looks rather 'old school', and not the silicone type material I'm used to. I'm not sure they will last that long, although the Senheisers only lasted 9 months and they cost about twice as much, so who knows...
People complaining about poor bass performance have either destroyed their hearing already with 'bass heavy' phones in the past, or they have not got a good tight seal in their ear. I actually replaced the gel things it came with, with the ones from my Senheisers, as they fit my ears perfectly, thus improving the bass response no end.
Tonally these buds can be a little harsh when turned up really loud, but at normal to quite loud volumes they are fine, with tight bass, transparent mid range and crisp highs. I must say that dynamically these are better than the Senheisers, which were too bass heavy, and lacked clarity in the high end.
These buds are pretty cheap, so I can't complain too much about the poor build quality, apart from this draw back they are a worthy replacement for my previous phones, I just hope they last longer!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These headphones are good but nothing too special about them. They don't sound horrible but they don't sound amazing either. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Mario Garcia
I bought it coz I was expecting the one in the picture ... False advertisement! I want my refund!Published 13 days ago by N.Tutu
Fit in my ears perfect. Had this for years and it finally broke yesterday.Published 13 days ago by paulabunion
If I could give this a negative 5 stars I would not even 2 day into having these the right earphone stops working don't buy this bull s*** I would anything else but this *don't... Read morePublished 26 days ago by Rafael Fadipe
Not the product I thought it was. The buds (covers) are much more flimsy than I expected. Decent sound, by my first pair of skullcandies were better. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Jeffrey Holmes
Best bang for your buck when it comes to earbuds. They last a relatively long time for the price. Different sizes pads for ears is great too. Read morePublished 1 month ago by NVM