Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Skullcandy Ink'd (Discontinued by Manufacturer)" and save 29% off the $19.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Skullcandy Ink'd (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- 11mm drivers with neodymium magnets for full-range sound
- Two sizes of silicone gel earbud sleeves for a perfect fit
- In-ear design allows for passive noise isolation
- Lifetime limited manufacturer's warranty
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Zouk||Price Heaven||Coca Mocha||Amazon.com||Just Right!|
|Color||Blue||Blue/Black||Black/Pink||White/Black||Light Gray/Dark Gray||Mash-Up/Clear/Coral|
|Item Dimensions||1 x 1 x 1.5 in||1.5 x 1 x 1 in||1.5 x 1 x 1 in||1 x 1 x 1.5 in||1.1 x 3.5 x 5.9 in||1.06 x 3.54 x 7.48 in|
|Additional Features||lightweight||android-phone-control, tangle-free-cord||android-phone-control, tangle-free-cord||android-phone-control, tangle-free-cord||lightweight, tangle-free-cord, sports-and-exercise||microphone-feature|
Skullcandy's best-selling INK’D earbuds feature a customizable fit and 11mm speaker drivers that tattoo your temporal lobes with full-color sonic art. Select colors include an inline mic and control switch to keep you in touch with your tunes and the outside world. Skullcandy's INK'd earbuds come with three separate sizes of silicone eartips (small, medium, and large) to help you get the perfect fit to go with your sound.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Firstly, I want to mention a few important tidbits that you should know.
1. Pay attention to the L and R (engraved on the stem) on these earbuds, which can be hard to see. Do not reverse them, as doing so can affect fit and sound quality. I find putting a piece of colored tape on the right cord makes life easier.
2. Don't assume you know which gel size will fit you best; make sure you try on all 3 gel sizes that come with these, as using the wrong size can dramatically decrease sound quality and comfort. If your earbuds are uncomfortable or the sound quality does not meet your expectations, then you likely have the wrong size gel installed. For myself, I automatically went with the smallest size because my ears are small, but those made the earbuds sound like cheap garbage. It wasn't until I tried the next size up did I get the full quality of sound that these are designed for. So pay attention to this, since it really matters.
3. These have a straight plug, not an L-shaped plug. So you will need to be extra careful as a straight-plug design increases the amount of pressure both on the plug, and the headphone jack of your player. This leads to frayed wires or a loosening of the headphone jack, or both, which ultimately lead to the classic problem of only one side having sound.
4. The cord is long - measures approximately 4 feet, 5 inches.
5. Burn-in works with these. Slightly.
Now, as for the build quality - I'm impressed. They are not cheaply made earbuds, despite their low price. The wires are nice and solid, and feel very well made - not flimsy or plastic-y. The silicone gels (tips that go in your ear) are very soft and pliable, and even have the Skullcandy logo engraved on them. Nice touch.
They feel good, too. Really good. Both the material, and the way they fit my annoyingly small ears. And they don't fall out constantly, although I do sometimes get the sensation that it's getting sucked into my left ear.
And yes, these come with 3 different size gels.
Sound is great. These handle bass extremely well for mid-tier earbuds, and highs aren't so shrill and piercing as with other comparable brands. Some of this really depends on your player, too. Even between iPods, sound quality does differ.
As far as functionality goes, I find I am able to run with these with no problem. The wires do not get tangled, and you can easily adjust the split in them with an attached slider (that has 'Skullcandy' written on it in the corresponding colour), which I find very convenient. I do not hear this thumping sound that others claim to hear from wire-movement, so I can't confirm that.
The only things I dislike are the straight plug, and the lack of a case. Otherwise, I am thoroughly impressed with Skullcandy. The craftsmanship, the quality of sound, and all the little extras that Skullcandy does that really lets you know that they are paying attention, and that they care about their products and end-users.
Worth every penny.
UPDATE 12/31/2011 - My current pair has seen daily use for over a year now with no issues.
1. Needed earbuds to plug into things that play sound.
2. Wanted good sound quality, especially at the base end.
3. Previously used and enjoyed earlier version of these for the above reasons.
Results of use:
1. They are, in fact, earbuds.
2. Good sound quality, especially at the base end.
3. Have been using the same pair for just over 3 years.
3.a. For storage, I loosely wind the cord around the my hand and toss them into one of the smaller pockets of my backpack. No further care is taken to avoid damage.
4. Silicone tips are removable, which makes for easy cleaning.
The sound is more than adequate considering the price paid. I'm not buying a pair that costs $100. These were much less than that when I bought them. I've listened to some $100 ear buds and I think I am unable to discern the difference. Not because there is not a difference, but I've listened to loud music for so many years, my hearing ability is not the same as a teenager. I do not regularly listen to my music loudly. But have to admit I turned these up to 75% on my iPhone and I could not take the volume.
I'm sick of reading reviews regarding sub-$20 earbuds and headphones from so-called audiophiles. If you're an audiophile, then you don't have any business looking at sub-$20 earbuds anyway. ;o)
Sound blocking: I used these while mowing the grass on a large lawn tractor. The ear buds cut out about 70% of the lawn tractor noise. I could hear the music clearly with the volume set at 40%. I consider this very good. I have some much more expensive Sony noise cancelling headphones that don't drown out the lawn tractor more than 25%. This is due to the headphones not sitting closely enough to the ears and sound gets in. But we're talking about Skullcandy, they work well.
The cables are very thin and do not transfer noise to your ears when they rub against you like some do.
I could gush and gush about these ear buds. They have truly made me have a little faith in techology in an age when so much tech stuff doesn't actually work.
The design with the monkey by Paul Frank is so cute. My Chinese Horoscope animal is a Monkey so these were perfect for me.
The monkey may not be for you. But if you have a quirky personality they might be just the ticket for you. If so, enjoy!
Most recent customer reviews
Comfort - 9/10,
Sound quality - 8/10
Overall, good, well priced and do the job that they're advertised to do and do it well.