Skullcandy Ink'd (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Price:||$17.90 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
|You Save:||$2.05 (10%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- 11 millimeter drivers with neodymium magnets for full-range sound
- Two sizes of silicone gel earbud sleeves for a perfect fit
- 1.3-meter nylon braided cable with gold-plated 3.5mm plug
- In-ear design allows for passive noise isolation
- Frequency response: 20-20K Hz
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare to similar items
This item Skullcandy Ink'd (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||DIGITALGUY||Persen Shop||Amazon.com||1to3shop-store||Wholesale Connection||Zouk|
|Item Dimensions||1 x 1 x 1.5 in||1.5 x 1 x 1 in||3.25 x 3.6 x 6.75 in||1 x 1 x 1.5 in||2 x 5 x 1 in||1.06 x 3.54 x 7.48 in|
|Additional Features||lightweight||android-phone-control, tangle-free-cord||lightweight||android-phone-control, tangle-free-cord||Mic||microphone-feature|
Ink adds permanence. It forces the visual representation of an idea, concept, ideal or experience, and tangibly commemorates it. Like a tattoo, graffiti, or stretch marks. Until you're really ready to commit, go with the INK'D ear buds. Big sound, little price, no visible scarring. Delivers the range and response found in full-size headphones in a direct-to-ear package- all the while isolating you from external haze. The number 1 best selling bud in the USA. Features: • 11mm Power Drivers • TPE Cable • 2 Silicon gel sizes Specs: • Frequency response: 20-20K Hz • Cable type: TPE • Cable length: 1.3m • Plug type: 3.5mm gold plated
Top Customer Reviews
Firstly, I want to mention a few important tidbits that you should know.
1. Pay attention to the L and R (engraved on the stem) on these earbuds, which can be hard to see. Do not reverse them, as doing so can affect fit and sound quality. I find putting a piece of colored tape on the right cord makes life easier.
2. Don't assume you know which gel size will fit you best; make sure you try on all 3 gel sizes that come with these, as using the wrong size can dramatically decrease sound quality and comfort. If your earbuds are uncomfortable or the sound quality does not meet your expectations, then you likely have the wrong size gel installed. For myself, I automatically went with the smallest size because my ears are small, but those made the earbuds sound like cheap garbage. It wasn't until I tried the next size up did I get the full quality of sound that these are designed for. So pay attention to this, since it really matters.
3. These have a straight plug, not an L-shaped plug. So you will need to be extra careful as a straight-plug design increases the amount of pressure both on the plug, and the headphone jack of your player. This leads to frayed wires or a loosening of the headphone jack, or both, which ultimately lead to the classic problem of only one side having sound.
4. The cord is long - measures approximately 4 feet, 5 inches.
5. Burn-in works with these. Slightly.
Now, as for the build quality - I'm impressed. They are not cheaply made earbuds, despite their low price. The wires are nice and solid, and feel very well made - not flimsy or plastic-y. The silicone gels (tips that go in your ear) are very soft and pliable, and even have the Skullcandy logo engraved on them. Nice touch.
They feel good, too. Really good. Both the material, and the way they fit my annoyingly small ears. And they don't fall out constantly, although I do sometimes get the sensation that it's getting sucked into my left ear.
And yes, these come with 3 different size gels.
Sound is great. These handle bass extremely well for mid-tier earbuds, and highs aren't so shrill and piercing as with other comparable brands. Some of this really depends on your player, too. Even between iPods, sound quality does differ.
As far as functionality goes, I find I am able to run with these with no problem. The wires do not get tangled, and you can easily adjust the split in them with an attached slider (that has 'Skullcandy' written on it in the corresponding colour), which I find very convenient. I do not hear this thumping sound that others claim to hear from wire-movement, so I can't confirm that.
The only things I dislike are the straight plug, and the lack of a case. Otherwise, I am thoroughly impressed with Skullcandy. The craftsmanship, the quality of sound, and all the little extras that Skullcandy does that really lets you know that they are paying attention, and that they care about their products and end-users.
Worth every penny.
UPDATE 12/31/2011 - My current pair has seen daily use for over a year now with no issues.
This was the 5th set in as little as 4 years.
I'm very careful with my electronics and I don't expect things to last forever but .........
The manufacturer needs to address the fact that the Right bud ALWAYS blows out.
Every set that I've owned has had this problem.
I don't listen to music very loud and I'm careful with the cord but that hasn't helped.
I've learned my lesson and I'm now using a set of Panasonic RP-HJE120-PPK In-Ear Headphone's.
Hey! Almost 40,000 people can't be that wrong.
I have some of the actual earbuds and these are pathetic, even for copies. The part that is supposed to be the volume control is just a blob of plastic stuck on the microscopically thin wires they use. The plug didn't fit into the earphone jack and the actual buds weren't even marked left or right. They were so thin and flimsy I knew on sight they were rip offs (plus I have some actual Skullcandys these were supposed to replace.
Amazon is refunding the purchase and I am returning the earbuds.
The sound is more than adequate considering the price paid. I'm not buying a pair that costs $100. These were much less than that when I bought them. I've listened to some $100 ear buds and I think I am unable to discern the difference. Not because there is not a difference, but I've listened to loud music for so many years, my hearing ability is not the same as a teenager. I do not regularly listen to my music loudly. But have to admit I turned these up to 75% on my iPhone and I could not take the volume.
I'm sick of reading reviews regarding sub-$20 earbuds and headphones from so-called audiophiles. If you're an audiophile, then you don't have any business looking at sub-$20 earbuds anyway. ;o)
Sound blocking: I used these while mowing the grass on a large lawn tractor. The ear buds cut out about 70% of the lawn tractor noise. I could hear the music clearly with the volume set at 40%. I consider this very good. I have some much more expensive Sony noise cancelling headphones that don't drown out the lawn tractor more than 25%. This is due to the headphones not sitting closely enough to the ears and sound gets in. But we're talking about Skullcandy, they work well.
The cables are very thin and do not transfer noise to your ears when they rub against you like some do.
I could gush and gush about these ear buds. They have truly made me have a little faith in techology in an age when so much tech stuff doesn't actually work.
The design with the monkey by Paul Frank is so cute. My Chinese Horoscope animal is a Monkey so these were perfect for me.
The monkey may not be for you. But if you have a quirky personality they might be just the ticket for you. If so, enjoy!