Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Sky & Telescope's Mirror-Image Field Map of the Moon Paperback – Folded Map, May 1, 2007
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
This mirror-image Moon map is specially designed for image-reversing optics, such as refractor telescopes. Find and identify more than 1,000 lunar features. The map's unique four-quadrant design allows you to see the whole Moon at once, or to focus on individual quadrants, or any two neighboring quadrants at the same time. Laminated for protection against dew and spills.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
PS and it is very beautiful indeed.
It has much greater detail but is still convenient to use in the field.
If your telescope reverses images, you will love this map.
I recommend this atlas for both the amateur astronomer and the professional who needs a quick reference.
Francis J. O'Reilly
1. It's a reverse veiw map. So it looks the same as the view through your refractor with a star diagonal or SCT.
2. Rukl knows his business. The map is detailed, and shows you everything you can see.
3. It's laminated. It won't get damaged from dew or those inevitable drink spills.
4. The "hinging" system makes it easy to use. It folds nicely, isn't bulky, and is easy to carry, store, and use at the eyepiece.
5. At this price you can't go wrong just TRYING it.
Face it. This is a moon map that you will USE. If you don't need the reversed view (perhaps you prefer binoculars or the naked eye to a telescope) there is a non-reversed version available, too.
For price, performance, and just plain smart design, this is MUST HAVE if you're looking for a moon map.