|Item Weight||9.3 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||0.8 x 2.8 x 2.8 inches|
|Item model number||SB100NS|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number Of Pieces||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.99 shipping
4 Year Asurion Home Improvement Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Free shipping on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online or by phone 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card for full replacement value.
- Coverage begins at the end of the manufacturer's warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 48 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
SkyBell Wi-Fi Video Doorbell Version 2.0 Classic (SILVER)
|Price:||$229.00 + $4.78 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- See who's there from anywhere, on select iOS and Android devices
- Motion sensor triggers an alert when a visitor does not press a button
- "On-Demand" feature lets you open the video feed from the app to see who's there
- Night vision, wide-angle camera, silent doorbell mode, weatherproof, plastic exterior to maximize Wi-Fi performance
- To avoid experiencing any issues with the SkyBell functionality update to the newest app version, iOS Skybell Classic 1.7.6 or Skybell Android 2.94, with notifications enabled
- Skybell Requires a Wi-Fi internet connection and b/g router (802.11 b/g 2.4Ghz)
- Refer to installation details below or attached manuals for setup and troubleshooting.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Answer Door with SmartPhone
SkyBell is patented in the USA and internationally:
- 15 patents issued
- 43 patents pending
- 197 claims issued
SkyBell was named as a 2014 CES Innovations Design and Engineering Award Nominee.
SkyBell is committed to manufacturing superior products in the USA. We are located in Southern California.
SkyBell 2.0 Video Doorbell with Motion Sensor
SkyBell is a Wi-Fi enabled video doorbell that allows you to see who’s at your door from your mobile device - whether you’re at home, at work or on the go. When a visitor presses the button, SkyBell sends you a live video feed so you can see, hear and speak to the person at your door from iOS and Android mobile devices.
SkyBell helps you stay connected with your home, feel safer about answering the door on your terms.
SkyBell has an advanced motion sensor for sending alerts and video even when a visitor doesn't press the button. SkyBell is the only video doorbell with an 'on-demand' feature that allows you to see out of the SkyBell camera at any time. You can even turn off your home's doorbell chime from the app.
SkyBell features a contrast setting for more favorable lighting, long range Wi-Fi capability, invisible night vision for viewing after dark, and is Made the he USA. SkyBell replaces your current doorbell, attaches to your transformer for full-time power, connects to your home’s door chime and securely connects to your home’s Wi-Fi network.
1) Replace your existing doorbell with SkyBell by mounting the device with 4 screws and attaching device to existing doorbell's power wires.
2) Link SkyBell to your iOS device. All you need is your home Wi-Fi network's name and password.
3) Create an account with the app.
Motion sensor activation
Receive alerts and video feed even if visitor doesn't press button.
See out of SkyBell's video camera at any time from the app.
Receive the video alerts anyplace you have cellular or internet connection on your mobile device.
SkyBell technical requirements
Compatible with iPhone and iPad with iOS 5 or later; Android Jelly Bean 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, Kit Kat 4.4 or later.
SkyBell is also optimized for the following Android phones: Nexus S, HTC One, Samsung S3 and Samsung S4.
SkyBell requires full-time power and is designed to be connected to a wired, mechanical doorbell chime.
SkyBell is only compatible with a low-voltage transformer with power from 10 to 36 VAC 10 VA or 12 VDC with an amp rate of 0.5 to 1.0.
If you have a digital door chime, you will need our digital door chime adapter. Contact customer service for more information.
Connects to home's WiFi network. Compatible with b/g routers. Requires 2.4GHz band, b/g mode, 20 MHz bandwidth and 1 mbps upload speed at your front door.
You must connect your smartphone to the 2.4 Ghz network before syncing to SkyBell. It requires upload speed of 1mbps at SkyBell’s location.
Compare with similar items
Video Doorbell Camera Wifi Doorbell Video Door Phone for Home Security
Zmodo Greet - Smart WiFi Video Doorbell
TMEZON Wireless/Wired Wifi IP Video Door Phone Doorbell Intercom Entry System 720P 1.0MP Camera Night Vision,Support Remote unlocking,Recording,Snapshot
NuTone DCAM100 Knock Smart Video Doorbell Camera, 5.5" x 1.9" x 1", Black
|Shipping||$4.78||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||iDeal Sales||WOHOME US||xsecu||TMEZON-Security KING||Amazon.com|
|Color||Silver||Doorbell-3||NA||720P IP Video Door Phone-Dome||BLACK|
SkyBell is a Wi-Fi enabled video doorbell that allows you to see who's at your door from your mobile device - whether you're at home, at work or on the go. When a visitor presses the button, SkyBell sends you a live video feed so you can see, hear and speak to the person at your door from iOS and Android mobile devices. SkyBell helps you stay connected with your home, feel safer about answering the door on your terms. SkyBell has an advanced motion sensor for sending alerts and video even when a visitor doesn't press the button. SkyBell is the only video doorbell with an “on-demand” feature that allows you to see out of the SkyBell camera at any time. You can even turn off your home's doorbell chime from the app. SkyBell features a contrast setting for more favorable lighting, Wi-Fi capability (b/g router required), invisible night vision for viewing after dark, and is Made the USA. SkyBell replaces your current doorbell, attaches to your transformer for full-time power, connects to your home's door chime and securely connects to your home's Wi-Fi network. Motion sensor activation: receive alerts and video feed even if visitor doesn't press button. On-demand access allows you to see out of SkyBell's video camera at any time from the app. Multiple users are able receive the video alerts anyplace that has cellular or internet connection on your mobile device (Connection times vary due to WiFi, 3G or LTE video upload/download speeds). Compatible with b/g routers. Requires 2.4GHz band, b/g mode, 20 MHz bandwidth and 1 mbps upload speed at your front door. You must connect your smartphone to the 2.4 Ghz network before syncing to SkyBell. It requires upload speed of 1mbps at SkyBell’s location.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Install and setup is relatively straight forward. I already had a separate 2.4Ghz wifi network set up, so the syncing process was a breeze.
- Video comes up on the app quickly, generally within a second or two. I understand this was a major complaint with v1, so I'm glad to see the improvements here.
- Push notification (on my iPhone 6+) is near instant.
- IR illumination works in darker situations.
- Decent field of view from the camera.
- Motion sensor works.
- My old doorbell still rings when Skybell button is pushed.
- The included small wire nuts/connectors are completely useless. The opening is so small that I had a tough time inserting two twisted wires into them. I ended up not using them.
- The set screw is ridiculously tiny and took me way too long to set. They should have made it a bit bigger.
- The video quality is not great. It looks like bad webcam photos from the 90s (see attached photo). I wish it had a better resolution. At that resolution, I'm not sure any captured photos would be useful for security purposes.
- The motion sensor has some false positive issues. During the day in the morning, I tend to get a lot of false positives, probably from sun peeking in and out of clouds. Another reviewer has reported this same issue.
- The motion sensor takes 10 seconds to trigger, which means it tends to miss UPS/FedEX drivers, who tend to just drop the box and run, and fail to trigger the motion sensor.
- When you open live feed, the audio is piped through by default. I wish it's muted by default, because I don't want my phone making sounds when I want to discretely check my front door while I'm at the office.
- The iOS app is not the slickest looking thing. It doesn't conform to iOS 7 design guidelines, nor does it support the higher screen resolutions of the iPhone 6/6+.
All in all, a solid improvement over the first generation. Some of the issues will be worked out over time via software, and others will have to wait for the next hardware revision. It's not perfect, but probably the best of its kind on the market right now.
I have never messed with my doorbell at all before, so I was a little hesitant at first, but the installation process was extremely simple and free of cursing and/or disasters. It basically consists of a few simple steps:
1. Unscrew and remove old doorbell
2. Feed existing doorbell wires through SkyBell mounting plate
3. Screw mounting plate to wall and twist old wires together with SkyBell wires
4. Attach doorbell to wall and fasten with included tool
5. Sync to network and configure app
The hardest part of the entire installation was tucking away the wires back into the wall, since the hole the wires were coming out of had very little space, and there is absolutely no room to leave any dangling wires between the mounting plate and the doorbell. Overall, the entire hardware install took about 10 minutes.
It probably took longer to initially get the app working than it took to install the doorbell. My first attempt was met with and endless spinning "loading" circle. After exiting out, putting the doorbell back into sync mode (hold doorbell button for 20 seconds) and logging back into app, the sync was successful.
Here are the basic features of the mobile app:
- Auto-login: Makes it so you don't have to enter password each time. A 15 second extra delay when someone is at your door can seem like an eternity, so I always keep auto-login on. My phone is secured with a PIN, so I don't feel a strong need for an extra password layer.
- Push notifications: Select whether you want to be notified on your phone when someone rings the bell.
- Do Not Disturb mode: Great for keeping babies asleep, or during family dinners/prayers/etc. You can have the doorbell send a notification to your phone *only*, without actually ringing the bell inside your house.
- Motion Sensor: Door bell rings upon sensing motion. This feature is both awesome and terrible (more on this below).
- Digital doorbell feature that I didn't test as it states it requires separate hardware that I do not have.
You can get to the doorbell audio/video feed either by clicking on a push notification when someone rings your bell, or manually through the app. From here, you can take a picture (saves to your device), hold a button to talk with visitor at door, click a checkbox to toggle high/low contrast (makes very little difference from what I've noticed), and end the call.
*Differences from SkyBell version 1.0*
I researched the original SkyBell, but never ended up purchasing it due to mixed reviews. It seems like they have worked out most of the initial bugs and concerns with this version 2.0. But for those with the version 1.0 wondering if you should upgrade, here is a list of the changes (pulled from their website):
[*] Upgraded Camera: High-quality picture with a low data rate, so your video loads quickly and does not drop when you're on a cellular network.
[*] Wide-Angle Lens: See more of your doorstep with this wide-angle lens.
[*] Faster On-Demand
[*] Updated Motion Sensor: An upgraded motion sensor provides better performance and faster alerts when your visitor doesn't press the button. A scheduled feature is coming soon.
[*] Contrast Settings: Upgraded camera and optics helps provide the best picture quality when the light behind your visitor is too bring. The Contrast toggle is a easy switch.
[*] Digital Doorbell Compatible: SkyBell version 2.0 is compatible with digital doorbell chimes with the additional adapter accessory, which may be sold separately.
The most exciting features are still on SkyBell's "coming soon" list as read on their website:
[*] Activity History. Have a log of all interactions with your SkyBell, so you can keep track of what's happening and when, while you are away.
[*] Cloud video storage. This could have every motion-triggered event saved for later retrieval. To me, this would be useful just for the sake of having photo/video evidence in the tragic event that someone steals a package off my porch, which fortunately has never happened yet. But I'd love to be prepared for vengeance if/when it ever does!
[+] Good value for how useful it is
[+] Always able to get a reliable video feed, whether at home on wifi or away on wireless 4G network
[+] Do Not Disturb is a great feature when you don't want loud noises in the house but want to be notified more discreetly on your phone
[+] Very easy installation, even *I* could figure it out
[+] App is intuitive and easy to figure out
[+] Wider camera field-of-view than v1.0 SkyBell
[+] While you can't expect HD GoPro video quality, it is still decent (640x480) and good enough to easily identify visitors through video feed
[+] Video is also pretty good at night (with porch light on) although it gets a bit grainy
[+] Multiple devices can be sync'd to your SkyBell. Both my wife and I get phone notifications when the doorbell is rung. This is awesome! Multiple devices can't simultaneously view the video feed though; only one at a time.
[+] No monthly/annual fee. Pay once for the unit up front and you're golden!
[-] Motion Sensor is great in theory, but *ruined* by the fact that it rings the doorbell on the unit itself, making it super awkward for whoever is approaching your door as it alerts them that you may be looking at them before they even ring the doorbell. Hopefully they will eventually add an "exterior volume" feature that allows us to adjust/turn off the doorbell chime on the unit itself!
[-] Can't save video segments yet, but when they add this, it will be the greatest feature ever.
[-] Can't exit app. Tapping the back button on main screen does nothing, so you have to force close it.
[-] After viewing video feed for 2 minutes straight, it disconnects with "There is a problem connecting to the server, please try again later." Most interactions will be closer to 10 seconds, so this isn't a deal-breaker, but it would still be nice to have this fixed, or at least clarify the error message to something like "Video feed timed out".
That about covers everything. The novelty has definitely not worn out for me yet. I love just randomly checking out the video feed from my door while I'm at work, even though all I see is an empty porch and some slowly moving clouds. I now look forward to getting visitors so I can try out my SkyBell, instead of being the grinch hermit I used to be when people dared approach my doorstep.
Overall, I am very happy with this unit, and just about every nitpick I had could theoretically be fixed in future firmware updates, which happen automatically as they are released. I am definitely looking forward to any updates or accessories which may be released for my new doorbell. Sample review item provided by SkyBell.
If you have any questions or comments, comment here and I will do my best to answer/respond to them all. Thanks for reading/watching!