+ $4.99 shipping
& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- All Skylanders Spyro's Adventure, Skylanders Giants, and Skylanders SWAP Force figures work with Skylanders Trap Team.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Frozen in our world. Alive in theirs. Thousands of years ago, the Skylanders Giants fought epic battles in Skylands, but were banished to Earth. Now Kaos is back and with a new threat looming, it’s time to bring them back to join forces with the Skylanders. Only you can put them into the Portal of Power® to unleash their strength in the ultimate battle to save Skylands.
Are you ready to face Kaos?
- Starter Pack includes: Video Game, Portal of Power, 3- Skylanders Figures, Character Collection Poster, 3-Sticker Sheets with Secret Codes and 3-Trading Cards
- Bring the Skylanders Giants back from banishment to join the Skylanders once again in this Starter Pack
- Unleash the power of the Skylanders Giants with the Portal of Power®
Top Customer Reviews
For those who have heard about Skylanders but aren't exactly sure what it is, let me give a brief overview. As a Skylander, you are entrusted to protect the people of the Skylands. To protect them, you have an assortment of different Skylanders to help you. There are eight elements that the characters can belong to - Air, Water, Earth, Fire, Life, Magic, Tech, and Undead. Each element has areas throughout the game that those specific characters are stronger in, and also secret areas that only that type of character can access.
The story in Skylander Giants is fairly similar to the original game - stopping the evil lord Kaos before he can destroy the Skylands. To do this, the player travels to a variety of locations via Cap'n Flynn's flying boat. Within Syklander Giants there's a solid assortment of levels scattered throughout the game, where you can expect to see anything from a Pirate Cove to a water-filled canyon and many things in between. Each level can be beaten by simply going straight through, which is obviously for the younger audience that the game is geared towards. That said, for those players that like to explore and do everything (read older players), there are many hidden areas to discover.Read more ›
The adventure itself is a new story with much of the same cast from the first story. RPG elements seem to be instilled with a heavier hand this time around which is a welcome development to me. The most changed is the 3DS version which now incorporates elements of the console game, such as similar characters and destinations but remains a platform-centric title.
As for what is physically presented in the package:
Skylanders Giants Game
Portal of Power
Poster of Skylanders in the GIANTS series
Cards, stickers, online codes for included Skylanders
Tree Rex GIANT - like all giants, he is slow and lumbering but very powerful. Smaller baddies, crates, chests, etc can be run over and destroyed without even deploying an attack. As for giants, I personally rank Tree Rex 4/5 and just under Crusher in effectiveness out of the gate.Pairs well with a fast Skylander and/or angood jumper (3DS) like Pop Fizz or Lightening Rod.
Cynder- 2nd series version of this Skylander. One of my personally preferred characters from Spyro's Adventure. New power adds some versatility to the mix, but if you knew Cynder before, you'll know Cynder series 2.
Jet Vac- So far, my opinion of Jet Vac is that it is the weakest of the new batch. He is a great looking and fun to play but does not pack a big wallup. some may love him. To each their own.
Punch Pop Fizz- alternate version of Pop Fizz. Alternate color Shows in game. Pop Fizz is a fun little guy.Read more ›
- it's fairly easy, which makes it not frustrating. Who wants to be frustrated playing games...
- it's easy but that does not mean it's not challenging. I'm playing at hard level, and you cannot simply keep your finger on the trigger and mow down everything, you still have to move around. Also, finding all the rooms and treasures, as well as finishing the chapter under certain time are challenging enough for older players
- as mentioned above, finding all rooms/treasures as well as finishing in certain time to "complete" each chapter give plenty of replayability for each chapter.
- battle arena and heroic challenges also give more diversity in experience.
- some areas are not accessible with starter pack characters since you need certain elemental skylander to access certain areas of the game. This is my first Skylanders game, and as such I only have the 3 starter characters that come with the kit.
- most of the conversation can be skipped, but I've noticed that I was not able to skip some of the conversation. This gets annoying when you are playing the same chapter several time, especially when you are trying to complete in certain time.
- what's with the USB portal? Couldn't they make it wireless? Bit annoying to have more wires around.
- price is bit stiff, especially for kids
- graphics aren't the best
Start Pack Characters:
- Tree Rex (life) - Giant - slow, powerful, melee fighter. Some areas need giant to access all the rooms. Some areas can be done quicker with giants.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We love this game! Starter pack comes with everything needed to get going, however you do need to invest in a few more figures to be able to complete everything in the game. Read morePublished 1 month ago by M.C.
This is my first experience with Amazon. I'm in no hurry to have another. I bought this as an Easter gift for my son. The game did not work. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
I bought this for a friend of mine son she said he loves playing with her and her husband , so I believe it is a very good gamePublished 4 months ago by Scott Foley