+ $3.98 shipping
& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- The figurines of your collection synch with the game via the peripheral to battle KAOS and his minions
- Starter pack includes: a game copy, 3 Skylanders(Starter Pack includes Spyro, Trigger Happy, and Gill Grunt ), 'Portal of Power' peripheral, character poster, trading cards, sticker sheet, web codes and batteries
- Multiplayer support as you battle with your friend as a team or pick a Battle Arena and go head-to-head
- Different challenges and mini-games hidden throughout Skylands
- Expand the game with optional Adventure Packs (sold separately), each including an exclusive Skylander, 1 location piece and 2 magic items
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Top Customer Reviews
Now obviously I have not played through the entire game. I'm a MOM, I don't have the spare time to play these things all the way through! But I have played it for about an hour at this point, so for you moms out there who are trying to decide whether you should hit the 'Add to Cart' button, this is what I found out.
The video game comes with little toy accessories. To play the game, you put one of the little figures on a little 'portal' that comes with the game. Make sure you put the portal where it won't get knocked over mid-game, as this will disconnect the character! Fortunately it is wireless, so it's not hard to find a safe place to put it. But, do keep it accessible, because you have to put figures on the portal as you play. The figure you put on the portal controls which character you play in the game, and different characters have different powers, and are able to use different items and get to different areas in the game. You can also change figures mid-game if you decide you want a different power for a certain area - the game is actually designed for you to do this quite a lot. Also, a second child can join in by putting a second figure on the portal for co-op play.
As for gameplay, it's pretty basic.Read more ›
|Length: 3:13 Mins|
The Wii is wireless.
First, this is a game for kids to play as young as 4 and as old as 80. Yet another strong marketing move by Activision to create such an incredibly imaginative game for the 4-15 age range. Also this game isn't ridiculously hard at any time and it never gets violent or bloody.
Part of the fun, and downfall, is collecting the little characters which there are currently 32 of. Lots of retailers, including Amazon sell them, but as of right now -- everyone is sold out - everywhere.
Everyone is clamoring for these things and people are sadly taking advantage of that and reselling them for almost a hundred bucks on Ebay. It makes no sense that they have lots of the same characters that are available in the combination packages, which are the only ones left. I think you can still buy Trigger Happy and Boomer just about everywhere.
Finding Air Characters - as well as the Legendary Versions? Good luck, we've searched all over Southern California and have come up empty. Activision should've really bulked up before the season. Perhaps they were wondering if this game was going to be a success or fall flat. I think they have an answer.Read more ›
Skylanders was going to be a T-rated game called Spyro's Kingdom, but they canceled it and made Skylanders instead. The game has 32 (33 if you count Dark Spyro) characters called Skylanders to use. The story is like this: The games world, Skylands, has a machine that protects it. But the bad guy, Kaos, destroyed it, so now he has a chance to take over Skylands. There's two main goals for Skylanders. 1) fix the machine by finding it's parts, and 2) defeat Kaos. Now for the pros and cons:
+ The game can be played by anyone in the family, my 6 year-old brother and I played once, and me and my dad play alot too!
+ Skylanders have varied powers, like Trigger Happy goes insane going BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM!, and Hex is a strategic character.
+ Two kinds of multi-player: PvP and Co-Op. PvP let's two players battle, and Co-Op let's two players do a chapter together.
+ There's almost nothing scary or violent in this. You have to expect a low amount of violence in a game like this, and Kaos' giant, fake ghost head may scare the younger kids, but besides that, there's nothing like that.
- It's a little expensive to finish 100 percent. To do it, you need a starter kit (69.99), and 5 more figures (7.99 each) just to unlock all the treasures in the game!
- If you lose a figure, it's a big problem. You lose all progress (level, upgrades, and loot) the Skylander had, and you need to buy the figure again!
- The Portal of Power is a little fussy sometimes. It may refuse to turn on sometimes, and it may turn off and turn back on. In Co-Op, this may switch the Skylanders the players were using.
Skylanders is a good family game, and I would give it 20 stars, but the reviews only allow 5!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Someone had purchased Skylanders swap team for me and I had instantly fell in love but wanted to start from the beginning. Read morePublished 13 days ago by Alleenaz
Loved it wish the add on characters were a little cheaper or more came with this kit.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
My son loves Skylanders. This is a great addition to his collection. Easy to use and great price. I would recommend it to anyone who has a young gamer.Published 3 months ago by rochelle
Lots of fun and can't beat the price I enjoy playing this with my kidsPublished 4 months ago by Annie