CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
About the Product
- The figurines of your collection synch with the game via the peripheral to battle KAOS and his minions
- Starter pack includes: a game copy, 3 Skylanders(Starter Pack includes Dark Spyro, Stealth Elf, and Ignitor), 'Portal of Power' peripheral, character poster, trading cards, sticker sheet, web codes and batteries
- Multiplayer support as you battle with your friend as a team or pick a Battle Arena and go head-to-head
- Different challenges and mini-games hidden throughout Skylands
- Expand the game with optional Adventure Packs (sold separately), each including an exclusive Skylander, 1 location piece and 2 magic items
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure is an Action-Adventure game spin-off from the Spyro series designed for younger players that unlocks a whole new game universe while incorporating a unique gameplay mechanic utilizing more than 30 physical action figures that synch with consoles, creating a controllable in-game representation of that figure. The first release in the Skylander series, Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Starter Pack contains three action figures, an exclusive game peripheral as well as other items. Action figures are compatible with all versions of the game. The game features co-op and competitive multiplayer, mini-games, 2D or 3D gameplay and more.
The Skylanders Story
For generations, the Skylanders -- a diverse group of mythical creatures, each with their own powers, personality and tendencies -- have used their magical powers, weapons and levelable battle skills to protect their homeland, the Skylands. But now, an evil tyrant with the powers of a portal master has frozen and banished them to Earth. Only you, a portal master yourself, can physically put Skylanders on the Portal of Power -- a conduit between this world and theirs -- and bring them back to life in their world where they can battle to save Skylands forever.
Action Figures with Brains
Skylanders are special physical action figures that come to life in-game. Just take a Skylander, place it on the included Portal of Power, which is synched to your game console and a representation of your chosen Skylander will come to life in the video game and do your bidding. There are over 30 Skylanders in total - each with unique abilities and powers (three are included in your starter pack). Skylander action figures remember their in-game experiences and upgrades as they explore the mysterious world of Skylands, battle menacing creatures and collect treasures. Conveniently, it doesn't matter what gaming system your friends have at their house, the Skylanders work on and across all major video game systems. That means that you can take your Skylanders over to your friend's house, drop them on their Portal of Power and your Skylanders will come to life in the game.
Key Game Features
- Everything Needed to Get Started - The Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Starter Pack contains everything needed to get started including: a game copy for Xbox 360, 3 Skylanders (Trigger Happy, Spyro and Gill Grunt), 'Portal of Power' peripheral, character poster, trading cards, sticker sheet, web codes and batteries).
- Multiplayer - Put two Skylanders on the Portal of Power and battle with your friend as a team or pick a Battle Arena and go head-to-head against your friend to see who is the best Portal Master. Either way it's a fight to the finish.
- Battle to Save Skylands - Use your character collection to battle KAOS and his minions. Each of your Skylanders has special abilities and powers. The more you play, the more powerful they become.
- Adventures, Mini-games and Puzzles - There are different challenges and mini-games waiting throughout Skylands. Jump in a turret to fend off enemies and solve challenging puzzles to find secret areas and earn cool in-game rewards.
- Play Online - Each Skylander comes with a unique secret code. Show off your collection to your friends and play fun new mini-games.
- Expand Your Adventure - Pick up an Adventure Pack (sold separately). Each one includes an exclusive Skylander, 1-Location Piece and 2-Magic Items. Place the Location Piece on the Portal of Power to explore exclusive new worlds and embark on new adventures and challenges.
Skylander specific abilities.
Compatibility across all versions.
Mini-games and puzzles.
Top Customer Reviews
This game is setup like classic PS1/N64 era platformers, as an overworld with many play worlds, and each world has 5 levels/stages, each with 5 unique objectives. Most of the objectives can be completed with any two characters of your choice. The characters are scanned in through the "Portal of Power". Talk to someone in the overworld, press down on the portal, and go. There are minor annoyances with this, however:
1. Initially you will need to unscrew the battery cover on the bottom. Why can't they have used a snap-cover?
2. The IR port is not near the bottom, but rather near the TOP. You cannot place the 3DS next to it while it syncs your character, you must hold your 3DS about 3 inches in the air. Thankfully this only takes about one second (Though the first time I did it, it took about 3 minutes, which I assume was a glitch).
3. You are locked into those two characters while away from your portal, unless you take all your peripherals with you on-the-go, which is unrealistic (but possible). However, you receive bonuses for using only a certain two types of characters each day, presumably chosen at random by the game.Read more ›
One thing to be aware of that isn't explained in the description is that the 3DS game is not the same game as the other platforms. I suspect that they did this intentionally, as many gamers have both a portable and console/PC/Mac, and this way they get to sell them two copies of the game.
3DS Skylanders is a "platformer" where you run, jump and explore, going through a fairly small number of single-path levels repeatedly in order to be awarded all of the crystals, in a manner that reminds me of other "linear" adventure games on the 3DS, such as the Lego games. You get crystals for collecting points, or by making it through a level in a special way (e.g. don't use the "clocks" that add time on timed levels, don't fall into the lava). You need to use different characters with different abilities in order to fully explore the levels. I haven't beaten the game yet, so I can't say what the crystals do.
You can play with two characters in your party at a time, one of which is active. Once you have two characters activated (using the Portal) you don't need the portal except to change characters, so you can just take the 3DS without the portal, and play as long as you want with the two characters that are loaded. To swap to different characters you'll need the Portal. The 3DS portal is different from the Portal on the consoles/PC/Mac - it is smaller, battery powered, and has an IR port. This allows you to use it with the 3DS (which does not have a USB port), and when traveling (since it's battery powered).Read more ›
Also on: Wii, PC, XBox 360, PS3, iOS
Notes: I had the following figurines in use throughout the game- Spyro, Dark Spyro, Terrafin, Zap, Gill Grunt, Ignitor, Trigger Happy, Sonic Boom and Stealth Elf. I also used Pirate Seas, Hidden Treasure and Ghost Swords.
They look amazing and on-par with many console games. 3D effects are great, especially with beautiful cherry blossoms, jungles and frozen tundras.
Music is mostly from the console version, but actually fits in better here. Chimes fit well with each theme and sound very calm.
Nice and simple story. Hektore makes for an intriguing and awesomely subtle villain, and you can truly feel Wendel trying his hardest.
A bit short, but getting every Radiance Shard can be challenging.
A joy throughout, and reminiscent of older platformers. Keeping two Skylanders with you on the go is a great mechanic, and levels come in perfect bursts.
Wonderful to play, beautiful to look at and filled with surprises throughout.
This is... A wonder. Brilliant. A fantastic Adventure not to be missed. Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure on 3DS is... A joy. Not enough just to get a 3DS for- but if you have one- you must get this fantastically, purely fun, beautiful addition to gaming. It's not an instant classic, but should stand higher than it does. It's a sorely overlooked game, getting the treatment the Wii version should also have gotten.
The game starts with Eon telling you of Hektore, the malicious wizard, who forced the Seekers to build the Dark Mirror to hide the Radiant Isles from the rest of Skylands. Enter the Isles.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
So much fun to play and was the hardest one of any skylanders game to beatPublished 6 months ago by Danielle
Batteries exploded in package and had battery acid everywhere.Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
I bought this item as a gift, and the recipient loved it. I would definitely recommend this item for younger children.Published 6 months ago by User_22
My 8 year old son got this for Christmas and loved it. He was kinda bummed that you can only select 2 Skylanders to play and once they die, you can't replace them like in the new... Read morePublished 7 months ago by Ben and Amanda
Even though this has been around a while, it has a really cool, timeless quality about it. The game is very fun and engaging and I still can't get over how cool it is to... Read morePublished 9 months ago by modus77