+ $3.99 shipping
& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- The figurines of your collection synch with the game via the peripheral to battle KAOS and his minions
- Starter pack includes: a game copy, 3 Skylanders, 'Portal of Power' peripheral, character poster, trading cards, sticker sheet, web codes and batteries
- Multiplayer support as you battle with your friend as a team or pick a Battle Arena and go head-to-head
- Different challenges and mini-games hidden throughout Skylands
- Expand the game with optional Adventure Packs (sold separately), each including an exclusive Skylander, 1 location piece and 2 magic items
- Warning: Choking Hazard - Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure is an Action-Adventure game spin-off from the Spyro series designed for younger players that unlocks a whole new game universe while incorporating a unique gameplay mechanic utilizing more than 30 physical action figures that synch with consoles, creating a controllable in-game representation of that figure. The first release in the Skylander series, Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Starter Pack contains three action figures, an exclusive game peripheral as well as other items. Action figures are compatible with all versions of the game. The game features co-op and competitive multiplayer, mini-games and more.
The Skylanders Story
For generations, the Skylanders -- a diverse group of mythical creatures, each with their own powers, personality and tendencies -- have used their magical powers, weapons and levelable battle skills to protect their homeland, the Skylands. But now, an evil tyrant with the powers of a portal master has frozen and banished them to Earth. Only you, a portal master yourself, can physically put Skylanders on the Portal of Power -- a conduit between this world and theirs -- and bring them back to life in their world where they can battle to save Skylands forever.
Action Figures with Brains
Skylanders are special physical action figures that come to life in-game. Just take a Skylander, place it on the included Portal of Power, which is synched to your game console and a representation of your chosen Skylander will come to life in the video game and do your bidding. There are over 30 Skylanders in total - each with unique abilities and powers (three are included in your starter pack). Skylander action figures remember their in-game experiences and upgrades as they explore the mysterious world of Skylands, battle menacing creatures and collect treasures. Conveniently, it doesn't matter what gaming system your friends have at their house, the Skylanders work on and across all major video game systems. That means that you can take your Skylanders over to your friend's house, drop them on their Portal of Power and your Skylanders will come to life in the game.
Key Game Features
- Everything Needed to Get Started - The Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Starter Pack contains everything needed to get started including: a game copy for Xbox 360, 3 Skylanders (Trigger Happy, Spyro and Gill Grunt), 'Portal of Power' peripheral, character poster, trading cards, sticker sheet, web codes and batteries).
- Multiplayer - Put two Skylanders on the Portal of Power and battle with your friend as a team or pick a Battle Arena and go head-to-head against your friend to see who is the best Portal Master. Either way it's a fight to the finish.
- Battle to Save Skylands - Use your character collection to battle KAOS and his minions. Each of your Skylanders has special abilities and powers. The more you play, the more powerful they become.
- Adventures, Mini-games and Puzzles - There are different challenges and mini-games waiting throughout Skylands. Jump in a turret to fend off enemies and solve challenging puzzles to find secret areas and earn cool in-game rewards.
- Play Online - Each Skylander comes with a unique secret code. Show off your collection to your friends and play fun new mini-games.
- Expand Your Adventure - Pick up an Adventure Pack (sold separately). Each one includes an exclusive Skylander, 1-Location Piece and 2-Magic Items. Place the Location Piece on the Portal of Power to explore exclusive new worlds and embark on new adventures and challenges.
Skylander specific abilities.
Compatibility across all versions.
Mini-games and puzzles.
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 3:13 Mins|
The technology is great.
If you loved the Lego-type games but want something a "little more",
this might be it.
Fun co-op as well.
The game comes with three characters (Gill Grunt, Spyro, and Trigger Happy) These three are a great trio to start with, (Trigger Happy is my favorite) however you will need to buy more characters to access certain parts of the game. I bought one of each elements so that i could go everywhere and do everything. This can get expensive, but it is well worth it for the quick changing that can be done via the portal of power. If you need a different Skylander, just remove the one that you are using and replace it with a different one.
The game play is simple with very little reading for the little ones that still have trouble reading, however the speech is audible and the kids can just listen.
All in all i would recommend this game to anyone who has little ones or is a fan of the platform games. The game offers a two player co-op mode so parents can play along. The game also offers a few mini games including battle mode, a football type game and grab the gems. These games are fun and a good way to test drive new characters.
One of the most amazing features is the fact that the figures are cross platform compatible. For instance, if i want to take my figures for PS3 over to a friends house who has an XBOX 360 or Wii, then its no problem all of the information is stored in the figure.Read more ›
I bought Skylanders and sure, the initial $70 was a bit much but it was for my kid, although as my wife says 'yeah, right'. Anyway! He has so much fun with this game! He takes Spyro around everywhere with him and has Trigger Happy proudly positioned on top of my Monitor (which looks weird) and Gill Grunt is guarding the bathroom. Kids eh? But, whenever he fires the game up, there's a blur and the toys are gone.
When he plays, he collects everything and just has a lot of fun playing it. He loves when Spyro does the charge attack but when he saw Trigger Happy's mini-gun attack, I'm sure his eyes almost burst out of his head.
Anyway, if you have kids (or you want to buy it 'for your kid') then this game is a must! Its fun. In fact, i'm going to say it's GREAT fun and, after all, isn't that the important thing?
Oh, you don't need to buy any other toy to play the game but I just ordered Prism Break and Chop-Chop because, well, they look so cool! Oh, yeah, and my kid likes them too. Sigh, I wonder where Chop-Chop will end up 'guarding'.
The story in the game is pretty basic stuff, probably geared towards between 6-10.You're the chosen portal master, and it's up to you to save Skylands, or something like that.The voice acting is well done,even if what is being said is somewhat corny at times.Read more ›
Upon playing the game once, I decided I wanted the "hex" character. I tried not to play it until I had it...and yet the stores were ALWAYS out..(as everyone else has said.) I looked for it every day for about two weeks, and eventually had to settle for a "sonic boom," because it was the first one I found. I sat down for another good playing session, and a couple hours later, the game ended. I literally played this game twice, and it was over.
THE GOOD: Very innovative. The portal is awesome, and I experienced no glitches with it...(like I thought I would.) I love the divisions of characters, and how they are different "types" like Pokemon. Also like that its a 2-player story type game.(never played one of those.)
THE BAD: Never got to use all the different characters(which is the games best aspect) due to not being able to find them, and the game being SO short. Also...EASY EASY EASY. You basically walk down a path, beat some monsters, get a key, open a door, and repeat. Also, its pricey, but you spend what you want. Very childish in its dialogue as well...(If Flynn had mentioned ladies, or if Kaos had used the word "evil" one more time, I would have lost my mind.)
THE END RESULT: I give this game three stars for its innovativeness and for its awesome characters. It loses two stars for the shortness of it, the price for what you get, and the fact that the storyline and different worlds within it are just "okay." (especially compared to the previous spyro games.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought this for my kids for xmas and got at a value price and my kids played all day xmas day and the next day.Published 1 month ago by Jenn & David