About the Product
- The figurines of your collection synch with the game via the peripheral to battle KAOS and his minions
- Starter pack includes: a game copy, 3 Skylanders, 'Portal of Power' peripheral, character poster, trading cards, sticker sheet, web codes and batteries
- Multiplayer support as you battle with your friend as a team or pick a Battle Arena and go head-to-head
- Different challenges and mini-games hidden throughout Skylands
- Expand the game with optional Adventure Packs (sold separately), each including an exclusive Skylander, 1 location piece and 2 magic items
- Warning: Choking Hazard - Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure is an Action-Adventure game spin-off from the Spyro series designed for younger players that unlocks a whole new game universe while incorporating a unique gameplay mechanic utilizing more than 30 physical action figures that synch with consoles creating in-game character representations. The first release in the Skylander series, Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Starter Pack contains three action figures, an exclusive game peripheral as well as other items. Action figures are compatible with all versions of the game. The game features co-op and competitive multiplayer, mini-games and more.
The Skylanders Story
For generations, the Skylanders -- a diverse group of mythical creatures, each with their own powers, personality and tendencies -- have used their magical powers, weapons and levelable battle skills to protect their homeland, the Skylands. But now, an evil tyrant with the powers of a portal master has frozen and banished them to Earth. Only you, a portal master yourself, can physically put Skylanders on the Portal of Power -- a conduit between this world and theirs -- and bring them back to life in their world where they can battle to save Skylands forever.
Action Figures with Brains
Skylanders are special physical action figures that come to life in-game. Just take a Skylander, place it on the included Portal of Power, which is synched to your game console and a representation of your chosen Skylander will come to life in the video game and do your bidding. There are over 30 Skylanders in total - each with unique abilities and powers (three are included in your starter pack). Skylander action figures remember their in-game experiences and upgrades as they explore the mysterious world of Skylands, battle menacing creatures and collect treasures. Conveniently, it doesn't matter what gaming system your friends have at their house, the Skylanders work on and across all major video game systems. That means that you can take your Skylanders over to your friend's house, drop them on their Portal of Power and your Skylanders will come to life in the game.
Key Game Features
- Everything Needed to Get Started - The Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Starter Pack contains everything needed to get started including: a game copy for Xbox 360, 3 Skylanders (Trigger Happy, Spyro and Gill Grunt), 'Portal of Power' peripheral, character poster, trading cards, sticker sheet, web codes and batteries).
- Multiplayer - Put two Skylanders on the Portal of Power and battle with your friend as a team or pick a Battle Arena and go head-to-head against your friend to see who is the best Portal Master. Either way it's a fight to the finish.
- Battle to Save Skylands - Use your character collection to battle KAOS and his minions. Each of your Skylanders has special abilities and powers. The more you play, the more powerful they become.
- Adventures, Mini-games and Puzzles - There are different challenges and mini-games waiting throughout Skylands. Jump in a turret to fend off enemies and solve challenging puzzles to find secret areas and earn cool in-game rewards.
- Play Online - Each Skylander comes with a unique secret code. Show off your collection to your friends and play fun new mini-games.
- Expand Your Adventure - Pick up an Adventure Pack (sold separately). Each one includes an exclusive Skylander, 1-Location Piece and 2-Magic Items. Place the Location Piece on the Portal of Power to explore exclusive new worlds and embark on new adventures and challenges.
Skylander specific abilities.
Compatibility across all versions.
Mini-games and puzzles.
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 3:13 Mins|
I didn't give it five stars because it isn't the greatest game ever. But it is a lot of fun. You will enjoy playing it with your kids and collecting the other characters. If you liked the Lego games, you will enjoy this.
Some people will look at the cost of the figures and scoff at it as a cash grab. Is it really any different than any of the Collector's Editions you can buy for Gears, Skyrim, etc etc? It is any different than buying a Star Wars figure at the same cost? As a mini alone the cost is reasonable; the fact that you put them in game and they save that data on them makes it an even better deal. So before getting all bent out of shape over the cost, try to put it into context. Plus they made a great decoration in a kids room.
As I was hooking the portal up to the Xbox the kids were playing with the figures on the coffee table and my oldest said "wow these are even fun to play with without the game". The quality of the figures is top notch, very well detailed and all are very sturdily attached to the bases; I have no fear of the figures breaking off at any point. As someone who has dabbled in collectible gaming like Mage Knight, D&D minis and WoW minis I will say they are probably better quality of even the D&D and WoW minis. Each figure comes with a card and a code to play it online. The starter also contains a poster that shows all 32 of the Skylanders and their element.
The portal glows different colors as you play, it switches like some kind of mood lamp. A nice touch that makes the portal seem truly magical to kids.Read more ›
Make no mistake - this is a game designed for kids. But any geeky adult, of either the standard hardcore gamer or the action figure-collecting variety, will likely fall in love with the mechanics in play here. Especially if you've got friends (or your kids have friends) that pick this up, too.
In a nutshell, the game is powered by your physical action figures, which load up your in-game characters when they're placed on the "Portal" pad. The figurines have memory chips, and your in-game progress and awards/power-ups are stored on the physical pieces themselves, meaning you can take one of the figures over to a friends house to hop into their game.
And here's the kicker - it doesn't matter if your friend is playing on Wii, PS3, Xbox, or even 3DS - because the figures store their in-game progress, it doesn't matter what console or device you play them on. I plan on picking up the 3DS version as well, so I can play with my characters on the big screen at home, and them bring them with me on the road whenever I can.
As far as actual gameplay goes, the first hour is slow, but the platforming and puzzles start to get much more interesting after that.Read more ›
At its heart, this is a pretty basic platforming-and-brawling game. (If you have some history with videogames, think of this as about 50% Gauntlet, 50% Ratchet & Clank.) But it's anything but your typical licensed-property game that feels like it's been thrown together; it's really solid. The levels are well-designed. There's lots of variety in the gameplay and the settings. And the writing is top-notch; it's accessible to kids while still engaging for the grownups as well.
There are only two reasons why I haven't given this game five stars (and I was really tempted to). One is that it is, quite definitely, an excuse to sell little figurines... and when you play it, you will see that that's quite definitely built into the game's design. In particular, the fact that the figures fall into eight "elemental types" -- and that each area of the game gives an advantage to one elemental type -- means that there's an obvious advantage to having one figure of each type, so that you'll have a character in the game that matches every type advantage. Since the game comes with three figures, that means that you'll have five types left to cover. So you can expect your little ones to plead until you buy at least five more figures. So you'll want to budget accordingly, and that makes the game rather expensive.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This starter pack contains the very first installment of the Skylanders games. My kids were so excited to see that Spyro's adventure starter pack could be purchased for Xbox360... Read morePublished 23 days ago by Jaime Connolly
My daughter loves this! Was perfect for Easter! I remember seeing skylanders at Wal-Mart years ago. In the electronics department. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer