Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Skylink HA-434TL Wireless Long Range Household Alert & Alarm Home Garage Driveway Business Office Security Protection Indoor Outdoor Infrared Motion Detector Sensor Accessory
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on March 11, 2012
The product broke the first time I tried to use it. The little wheel is very week, so if your garage door opens to the front, then it breaks inmediately. They sould warn customers and have better instructions. They should invest more in customer care. The video on their web is so cheap and poorly done that it gives you a clue of what kind of product your buying. Be very careful, it's not good product.
on April 24, 2011
I needed to get this to keep my 16 year old from sneaking out. Works very well and very easy and fast to install. I sleep better at night knowing that the teenager can't open the doors and windows w/o me knowing. I also feel so much better knowing that if someone trying to come in I'll be alerted.
It's nice that it has 3 settings; just the light flashing (good for when you're home and want the doors open), alarm where it sounds only while the door is open (turns off when you shut the door) and alert that doesn't stop until you mute it.
I highly recommend this product for a cheap and easy solution to home security.
on July 25, 2012
I ordered this driveway alert kit on 14 June and received it in good time. Installed it on 24 June and it worked well until we had rain. The sensor would no longer function. I contacted skylinkhome support via email twice the first time on 23 July, about the failed unit but alas-no response at all which means their support is non exhistant as is the warranty.
44 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2011
I set up my system according to instructions which are detailed but confusing and not complete. The problem was with the three settings on the switch located on the receiver unit: OFF, ALERT and ALARM. The "ALERT" position would only emit the "ALARM" sound which is very loud indeed. After repeating the setup procedure a few times with no success, I sent an email to the "support" email address. I am pleased to say that I received a response in a matter of minutes. The solution was to reset the receiver. The procedure is outlined in the section in the instructions "Erasing a Sensor". You then go through the regular setup procedure.

After carrying out this procedure, I was very satisfied with the performance. On the "Low" setting, I get excellent sensitivity with the sensor located 15 feet from my patio door opening. Happily our two large cats do not trigger it.

I rate this 4 stars because of the inadequate instructions, especially for trouble-shooting. It was not obvious that "Erasing a Sensor" would take care of a problem at the receiver. Also the instructions for changing the detector sensitivity are unclear. The picture is very poor. Furthermore it is not immediately obvious what is meant by "placing the connector in either the "high" (connector position 1) or "low" (connector position 2) position." The "connector" is a truly tiny jumper connector that slips over two tiny pins. You will need tiny fingers or a small pliers. Also the numbers 1 and 2 are so small that they are almost invisible. While these are not serious faults, it is annoying that one has to ponder-and-poke to try to understand what is intended.
on June 27, 2013
This just is hard to program and breaks easily. I finally gave up and threw it in the trash. I bought a different brand and did not have any problems like I had with this one. I would not buy this brand again.
on June 10, 2011
The motion sensor did not work - right out of the box. Tried a couple different new batteries and still... Nothing. Took me a week to get someone from their company on the phone. They wanted ME to pay to ship it to California (I live in Maryland). It's a DEFECTIVE product and I need to pay for shipping?!? Yeah, I'm waiting for a replacement from Amazon, but so far - not impressed.
on October 28, 2011
works perfect. i have it on low sensitivity setting. I glad the sensor smaller then the driveway patrol. The thing I don't like is it has about a 30 second -- 1 minute delay between senses. the driveway patrol i have has no delay between senses but 30-60 seconds isn't much concern.

but the cats always walk in front of it so i need a cat repeller or put them n house. I moved the sensor where they don't go as much.
battery 3 weeks so far on low sensitivity. low works fine

no delay between senses would be better which is why i prefer driveway patrol
review image review image
on January 15, 2012
This is a simple but effective garage door alarm. First thing to drive a person crazy would be the false alarms, that are caused by the dying battery that was sent with it. Change the battery, and all is well! Has to be mounted really close to bottom of door, because the bottom door gasket keeps the door off the floor some distance already. Distance wise, my furthest door is about 45-50 feet away; works fine and happy. Detached garage.
on September 19, 2011
Like many others said, 800 feet? I doubt it. Had mine 300 feet near window, not line of sight but close. Many false alarms, periodic 'out of range' indication.
There is a little 12 inch wire 'antenna' that might help if it was longer and I could string it outside.

As for options:
- Silent with 15 seconds of a blinking red LED - as if I am going to sit there and stare at it. Useless.
- 15 seconds of blinking and beeping.
- 3 minutes of shrieking siren

I would have rather had ONE beep instead of silence as an option. If I wanted it to be quiet I would just turn it off.
Sure, there is a 'mute' button. Chances are it will shut off by the time the 15 seconds of annoying beeps drives me to walk over to the unit to 'mute' it anyway.

Other users said:
- Battery life stinks
- Not very water proof.

Maybe I need to return it....
on January 12, 2012
I looked at the reviews for several types of driveway alarms and am very glad that I purchased this one.

I bought 2 complete units and they were easy to set up, I set both up identical. My main gate I placed the motion sensor (set for low sensitivity) on the back side of the fence post facing away from the street. It only sees vehicles that pull 2 feet or further into the long (200') driveway, so no false alarms from street traffic.

The 2nd sensor is set up on the back side of another post (also set to low sensitivity) If someone comes far enough into my property to get beside the garage and head up to the house, this sensor starts beeping (2 beeps).

Both receivers are set up the same way so I get 1 beep when someone enters the property and 2 beeps as they get close to the house.

I did have to adjust the 2nd sensor to point down a little more, so the wind blowing a tree next to the garage didn't give false alarms.

Prior to getting these units, I could have UPS deliver a package, ring the doorbell and be back in their truck headed back out. Now I have plenty of warning both in the house and in the garage.

The units are PLENTY loud, and sound almost exactly like a microwave oven when the timer goes off. I wish it was adjustable a little quieter, but it is good the way it comes.

I did have an alarm with no one outside the other night, but after I watched for a minute or 2 a large jack rabbit ran out the front gate and set off the 2nd alarm.

During the 1st or 2nd night that I had them, I did get one false (maybe another jack) alarm, but the 2nd sensor never went off, so I didn't even bother to look, just rolled over and got a good nights sleep.

Great units, thanks Skylink

Update -- Purchased in January 2012 - It's now Sept 2012 my transmitter #1 is showing that it needs to have the battery changed. Who ever was only getting a week out of a battery, needs to buy better batteries or take the transmitter off of the 'sensitive' setting. Mine is shielded behind the gate post and mounted about 12 ft in the air, but still picks up rabbits with no problem.