Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on November 9, 2006
This is one of my new favorite workouts. I actually keep him in my office and my co-workers come in from time to time to let off some steam. I don't like the gloves included and highly recommend getting a pair of "Power Weighted Super Bag Gloves" for a really intense upperbody workout.
on March 27, 2016
Liked it at first but then the nose just tore off (why isn't there strike-pointswhere the chin and the nose are - surely amongst the most obvious of targets?).

Then the beeps just became random. Beeping for no reason and/or not beeping when a light was struck - so effectively useless.

It's now just a non-responsive punch-bag which I could have bought for a fraction of the price I actually paid.

All in all, very poor design and quality.
on January 9, 2007
I've purchased two of these and both wore out in less than 6 months each. The first time I purchased slam man was back in 1997 when Sugar ray Leonard did the infomercial. The second time was in 2000. It was the only toroso that simulated a human-like form. Century B.O.B wasn't available during that time. Slam man stands 5 feet and can be adjust as height as 6 feet. Hitting the face (nose area) with 10-14oz gloves can wear it down especially when throwing uppercuts. The nose area begins to break apart until the entire foam on face falls and your'e left with hard black plastic and LED eyes. The electronic LED lights on the face and body are useless. They beep and flash for you to hit them but they don't measure or count your punches. The body part of the slam is the most durable part. I've thrown some power hooks to the body without a tear. The more you fill it with sand or water, the harder it is to move back obviously. The advantage to this is anyone at any weight can fill it accordingly to the weight of their punch. If you're really a heavy hitter and wiegh 190lb+ you can fill it sand and begin unleashing power shots without moving it much. The face and body is stiff so if you add more weight, it it may feel like you're punching a pole instead of dummy because of its stiffness. I burned calories and found myself addictive to hitting this thing for two reasons:

1)It can take some nice body shots

2)It doesn't hit back (like a sparring partner)

I would have given it Five Stars if the foam on face didn't rip apart TWICE.
on July 30, 2009
this thing is great, I get home from a hard day at work and just go all out on it, and for someone of my size, trust me it can take the hit. nothing has fallen off yet, got to say the gloves suck but its nothing that a sporting goods store can not fix. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a way to get stress out. and its fun and healthy
on August 24, 2015
This is a Great product , my father bought one back in 1997 when boxing was still relevant . I still have it now after 17 years of beating the living sh#t out of it , still holds shape and only developed minor scuffs , be weary of the plastic areas if you kick or punch it you can pretty much kiss you hand or foot goodbye. all in all great product
on January 10, 2008
After reading the reviews I knew it I would fill it with water......No problems there. I also put and old sparing helmet on it's head and I have viciously attacked this slamman for the last year with explosive workouts.

Its still like the ay I bought it
on August 25, 2006
I bought the slam man a year ago and am so glad that I did. I luv working out with the slam man. You get a great workout that is also fun and very challenging. Just fill it with sand and it is ready to go. (Make sure that you have the vacuum out when you are filling it with sand, which is to be expected.)
on February 23, 2006
I have really enjoyed the Slam Man. When I am working out on it I am having fun and 20 minutes flies buy. I haven't got past 20 minutes yet because its exhausting. Great hand/eye coordination. You can go as slow or as fast as you want. The only pain was filling the Slam Man with sand (lots of it). Otherwise I would recommend this product.
on October 31, 2014
Tough for beginners. Not very good looking/presentable, so it's not fit to leave out in the open.
on June 10, 2014
This was one of those impulse buys I made in 2000. It took nearly a month to receive it, and probably paid the highest possible price of in excess of $400.
The electronics box came unattached pretty quickly, and even super glue could not keep it attached for very long. The height adjustment broke next. The electronics box stopped working, even though it sat on the floor detached most of it's life. The lens that cover the lights broke out and that exposes a sharp edge that ruins the gloves in no time. If you live in an apartment, hell no, way too loud.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question