Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 214 reviews(4 star, Verified Purchases). See all 2,048 reviews
on June 23, 2016
So to begin with, I was looking for a magical solution for my neck/back issues. We have a very firm memory foam mattress that just hasn't been cutting it. I'm not sure if I need to replace it but I didn't want to drop the money so I opted to try this instead.

What it does? It does add a layer of fluffiness to the bed.
What it doesn't? Seem to make my back/neck better. Sigh. Oh well.

I still like it and will use it. I just wish it was everything some of the other reviewers said! I had no issues with smells or the size of the cover. I left them out on the floor for an hour or two to expand and the foam piece even looked a bit BIGGER than my king sized bed. If it looks small when you take it out of the box, that's how they work- you need to let them breathe for a bit and they'll expand.
review imagereview image
108 helpful votes
109 helpful votes
on March 29, 2017
Really comfy! We were a little skeptical after some reviews but omg that first night was incredible and many nights after that. The only down side is you're going to want deep pocket fitted sheets. 18" deep fitted sheets barely make it.
on January 23, 2016
Ended up purchasing a new but cheap mattress for our new house, which is literally only 4 inches thick and hard as a rock. I swear I could feel every spring and woke up feeling bruised in the morning -- so I bought this in hopes of postponing the purchase of a higher quality mattress. Very worthwhile.

Pros:
-made a HUGE difference in comfort. No more bruised-feeling hips in the morning!
-easy to put on, though it looks strange coming out of the package
-unrolled and expanded to proper size quickly
-made my hard cheap mattress feel more like a high-quality pillowtop

Cons:
-funky smell for the first week or so, but that did go away after a while

Some other reviewers felt this made them hot, not breathable. Neither my husband or I have experience that but we haven't had it through summer so I can't adequately speak to that concern.

Overall: Recommended.
on February 24, 2015
I was hoping for a cloud-like-squishy-sink-in-pillow kind of feel but this is more a you-may-break-something-if-you-jump-in-but-give-it-a-minute-and-you'll-sink-to-a-nice-contouring-feel. I was (and still am) a little dissapointed I'm not sleeping on a fluffy cloud but I have to say my body feels real nice, no kinks or pains anymore. I've had this for a couple weeks now.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on December 20, 2016
I was not that impressed considering the price tag. I think the memory foam is as expectes, but the mattress pad is thin and not nearly as stuffed as the picture and description suggest. I've had an awful time finding mattress pads that don leave me waking up sore and tired. Hopefully, I can update this saying I finally got some restful sleep.

The memory foam was able to unravel itself within an hour, only slight odor. Mattress pad was ready out of the box.
on February 4, 2015
The foam is a little longer than a queen matterss, but I got this to put on top of an air mattress that I needed to sleep on for two weeks. It made the air mattress feel like a real bed and was totally worth the cost. I was glad the outer pillow top was just a fitted sheet and not a zip-up pouch because I wasn't sure if the zipper style would fit a double thick air mattress. I'm really happy with this purchase and would recommend it.

Do be aware that the foam expands a lot, meaning you will never get it back in the box it came in, so be totally sure this is what you want before you buy it! :)
4 helpful votes
on September 16, 2016
We purchased a new pillow-top mattress but it turned out to be incredibly firm and uncomfortable. We purchased this mattress topper and it made a huge difference. The gel pad plus the mattress pad turned out to be a bit too plush for us, so we are just using the gel pad with a regular mattress cover and it is amazingly comfortable. No more aching backs. Very happy with the purchase.
on February 10, 2017
The first night I slept on this, I woke up feeling a little sore. I decided to give it a few days or I was going to return it AND I am so glad I waited. I haven't slept this good in years. I have lower back problems and I usually toss and turn all night. Now, I barely in move but it does take a little time to get used to. I saw other reviews where customers stated the smell was really bad when they first received it. I didn't have that problem at all. It smelled normal. I gave it 4 stars but it took me a little longer to like it.
11 comment|Report abuse
on May 22, 2016
I purchased a Sleep Innovations 4-Inch Dual Layer Mattress - Queen Sized and just got it in the mail on Sunday. Mine was packed with the foam layer in a large plastic open ended cylinder while the mattress topper was vacuum sealed. As soon as I got the foam out of the plastic cylinder it started to expand. Before I could get my camera set the entire foam layer had expanded to just over 2 inches. The mattress topper suffered from the vacuum sealing. The alternative down (fluffy stuff) had to be fluffed up and even with the fluff up was less than two inches. They need to put some more of the alternative down in each of the sections for it to achieve the 2 inches they advertised. I think the plastic cylinder packaging helped to dissipate the odor that everyone was talking about. Mine was almost odor free, compared to my memory foam mattress topper that still smells after five months, an outdoor airing for one day, and an indoor airing for two days. Attached are some pictures of the items. I will check back in once I have had the opportunity to sleep on the set.
on October 28, 2016
My husband and I are stationed overseas and our apartment was furnished. The mattress that came with our apartment was brand new out of the plastic packaging but rock hard. We thought we would get used to it but after just a few days, our necks, backs, and shoulders were stiff and sore. Thank GOD we bought this mattress topper. Now we can't seem to wake up for work on time!

My only negative feedback would be that it needs to be slightly larger /longer. There's maybe 2 inches of our mattress that isn't covered (my husband's side haha).