BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Kidz Bop PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 3,634 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,951 reviews
on August 29, 2015
This Sleep Innovations Contour Pillow is not as dense or heavy as most memory foam pillows on the market, but in my experience it still promotes proper sleeping posture. The pillow utilizes "open cell" memory foam that allows for better air circulation throughout the pillow, which keeps it from heating up as much as denser memory foam. Another feature of the pillow is that it has two raised edges of varying height, which provides options for people of different sizes and sleeping styles.

When I made this purchase, my biggest concern was that it would be too soft. As a side sleeper who frequently switches sides throughout the night, I require a memory foam pillow that is firm, supportive and consistent. But this Sleep Innovations pillow works great. My head never sinks too far down into the pillow, so there's always enough space between my head and my shoulder to keep my neck free of stiffness and soreness. Indeed, this pillow has just the right amount of "give."

I spent some time setting up a demonstration to show everybody what I'm trying to describe. The average human head weighs roughly 10 pounds. So I gathered several books that stacked together weigh 9.4 pounds -- I weighed them on a scale -- and placed them on the pillow in various positions to mimic a sleepy head. Some people might look at the pictures and come to the conclusion that it's exactly what they're looking for. Others, however, may come to the opposite conclusion. Either way, I hope this helps.
2020 comments| 1,234 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 11, 2017
This pillow is radically different from a prior version of the same product. The problem is not for a manufacturer to change the properties of their product, the problem is to do this without any concept of product IDs or names that differentiate 2 totally products. My family has ordered the Sleep Innovations Contour Memory Foam Pillow, Standard Size, three times. The pillows from 2012 and 2013 were the same, and enjoyed by my wife and son. I decided I wanted one too, so I ordered one on March 5, 2017 by following the link from our Amazon order history. Unfortunately, the pillow that arrived is totally different. It is smaller and much firmer. The box it's packaged in is pure white without any text. The pillow itself has no label or tag, while the prior versions have a tag that says "Sleep Innovations". The Amazon box had no invoice inside. Is it really the Sleep Innovations pillow? Is it the fault of the retailer, or the manufacturer? With no identifying invoices or product labels, I have no way of knowing. The prior pillows have a “Sloop Innovations” label. See photos. The 2017 is the smaller, whiter version in the photos. The prior version is the bigger, yellower version.
review image review image review image review image review image
33 comments| 271 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2015
• Biggest Size/Dimension in segment: On Amazon itself you can find some other pillows in almost the same price and probably same foam density too but this one have the biggest dimensions in this price range for standard size.
• Foam density: Most of the pillows that you will find in this price range will probably have 1 Lb of foam density while this one have 3 Lb - So your head will not plunge/submerge in it.
• Thickness: I personally like thin pillows and a thick pillow gives me neck pain. I thought since its a foam pillow and my head will anyway plunge in it so this will probably be fine for me but I was wrong.
• Myth that contour pillow avoid snoring: I read somewhere that a contour pillow will help you avoid snoring, so I chose this one over the regular pillows and spent more money but I was wrong and I still snore :p
• Other options: I found similar pillows in Walmart and Target for nearly about $21-25 but they have less foam density. Key to a good memory foam pillow is its foam density which is more in this product.
• Conclusion: Its a nice and good quality contour pillow indeed. But If you like your head to plunge in the pillow or probably if you like a thin pillow then you should probably choose one with 1 Lb foam density over this but otherwise from quality point this one is better. However after use, I personally would prefer the regular memory foam pillow over a contour.

PS: If this review was helpful to you in anyway then please vote "Yes/Helpful"
review image review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 402 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 10, 2016
I bought this pillow a couple of years ago and LOVED it. Solved all of my neck issues I woke with and felt amazing. When we moved last month my pillow got lost in the shuffle and I had to buy a new one. Naturally I purchased the same exact one I had previously. Unfortunately, the pillow is soft and feels like cheap memory foam which is not even close to the old one. They have obviously switched to a cheaper manufacturing process but are charging the same amount as always. I feel duped.
0Comment| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 27, 2015
Too soft. This is not the same as the Sleep Innovations pillow I loved so much before. They are no longer my favorite pillow. Not the sellers fault, just super soft and not supportive like they used to be. I looked in stores and this seems to be the new standard for Sleep Innovations pillows, they are no longer firm.
on September 2, 2017
This seems like a fine quality pillow, but unfortunately the design just didn't work for me. There are two size neck rolls, one larger, one smaller. The larger one was too large for me on my back, and would tilt my head forward, flexing my neck, and causing a lot of discomfort. The smaller side was more appropriate for my neck, but because of the shallow depth of the pillow, the large neck roll in the back of the pillow would then prevent my head from fully relaxing back, causing the same problem as using the large side. Also, this pillow is quite lightweight, and it would shift backwards during the night, causing more problems with my head flexing forward because it wasn't able to properly rest in the exact right ergonomic position.
on January 30, 2016
This is a tough review. This pillow is helping reduce my stiff neck, shoulder and upper back but... I am finding it difficult to get use to - having to sleep on the very edges (it's a bit high for me - I'm not 5' 4''). So, if I sleep on the edges it helps me but having to get it just so... wakes me every time I turnover. I am hoping in 6 months I will want to come back and upgrade this to 5 stars; as I no longer reach for my feather pillows which never really seemed to stop any stiffening of my neck or shoulders. Sixty years of love gone - 5 (the warranty) of less pain, fewer headaches, being able to move and turn my neck and shoulders ... hum maybe I am already in love and just don't know it, yet.
on October 11, 2017
For those of us with compressed/herniated disks in the neck... sleeping with this under your neck will help to alleviate your symptoms. IF you're already in sever pain STRONGLY I suggest biting thee bullet and getting physical therapy with a trained specialist (and ask them to give you a neck traction); but IF you're just at the stiff neck, with episodes of some tingling in your hands, etc, regular/daily use of this will help keep you from getting to the pain stage.....

if your symptoms are REALLY bad, combine with this: Real-Ease Neck and Shoulder Relaxer
on July 2, 2015
I had never slept on a memory foam pillow before ordering this. I tried it on the recommendation of a friend, and after sleeping on it for a few months can't imagine going back to a standard pillow.
As other reviewers have mentioned, the pillow does have an odor when it arrives- I've learned that that is normal for memory foam, and after sitting out of its case in an airy room for a few days, the smell dissipated. (It took a few weeks for it to go away entirely.)
I sleep on my side, and this pillow supports my head and neck very nicely. It took a little while to get used to- probably 4 or 5 days- as I was used to sleeping on a very soft pillow. This pillow is certainly soft, but it maintains its overall shape. My husband tried it for a night and didn't like it at all- I think he might have a different opinion if he had given it a better chance. Our 4 year old often tries to steal my pillow now and will complain that his "head is not comfortable" when offered his own pillow (which happens to be the one I used to sleep on)- I plan to order him his own soon.
This pillow breathes well- I never feel like it gets too hot. I like the two different heights on the different sides- I'm happy on both of them depending on my mood. I'd recommend this to anyone who likes to sleep on their side and is ready to try a memory foam pillow.
on June 22, 2016
Soft and feels good under my neck by filling the void I have. The top of the pillow above my head is a bit weird since it touches the top of my head I feel like I'm being pushed against.Otherwise, the pillow is good for filling the neck void and makes it easier for me to sleep on my side so I don't crush my shoulder.