HALO SleepSack Micro-Fleece Wearable Blanket, Baby Blue, Small
- 100% polyester
- Use over regular sleepwear to take the place of loose blankets.
- 100% polyester micro-fleece. TOG: 1.0. Size preemie fits birth-5 lbs; size small fits 10-18 lbs; size medium fits 16-24 lbs; size large fits 22-28 lbs; size extra large fits 26-36 lbs.
- Unzips from the bottom for easy diaper changes. Generous sack design allows room for kicking, but cannot be kicked off so baby stays warm all night. Sleeveless design reduces the risk of overheating.
- Used by more than 1,250 hospital nurseries nationwide as their product of choice for teaching parents safe sleep practices. Recognized as "Hip Healthy" by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute.
- "Back is Best" embroidery reminds caregivers to place baby on his or her back. HALO supports non-profit organizations like First Candle/SIDS Alliance.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
The HALO SleepSack replaces loose blankets for safer sleep.
HALO SleepSack Wearable Blanket
Keep your child safe and warm with the HALO SleepSack wearable blanket. Used in hospital nurseries nationwide, this wearable blanket fits comfortably over your child's sleepwear, replacing loose blankets in the crib that can cover your baby's face and interfere with breathing. The SleepSack will quickly become part of your child's trusted bedtime routine, providing the secure feeling he or she needs to fall asleep fast and sleep soundly throughout the night. Its generous sack design provides ample leg room for kicking and proper hip development, while the inverted zipper makes diaper changes a breeze. Use over regular sleepwear to take the place of loose blankets.
Keeps Children Safe And Comfortable All Night
Since 2005, The American Academy of Pediatrics has recommended the use of wearable blankets for safe sleep. Unlike regular blankets, the HALO SleepSack wearable blanket is worn over your child's sleepwear, so it won't be kicked off. This means your child stays safe, warm, and comfortable all night. The inverted bottom zipper lets you change diapers easily, so there's no need to undress your baby. For comfort, its sleeveless design reduces the risk of overheating, while the "Back is Best" embroidery reminds all caregivers to place babies on their backs to sleep.
Recommended By Hospitals And Safety Organizations
The HALO SleepSack wearable blanket is used by more than 1,250 hospital nurseries in North America to teach parents safe sleep practices. The sack design allows room for your baby's legs to move freely to ensure proper hip development, and has been approved as "Hip Healthy" by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute. It is the only wearable blanket to carry the gold seals from First Candle/SIDS Alliance.
HALO’s Mission: Help Babies Sleep Safely
HALO’s founder Bill Schmid and his wife lost their first born to SIDS. From this tragedy, HALO and its mission were born. For over 15 years we've been educating parents about safe sleep practices and have supported non-profit organizations such as First Candle/SIDS Alliance. Since 2005, the American Academy of Pediatrics has suggested the use of wearable blankets. Today, HALO SleepSack wearable blankets are a trusted choice of hospitals, and are used throughout North America to help babies sleep safely from the start.
HALO SleepSack Wearable Blanket At A Glance:
- Replaces loose blankets for safer sleep
- Generous sack design is recognized as “Hip Healthy” by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute
- Inverted zipper for easy diaper changes
- Sleeveless design reduces the risk of overheating
- Used by more than 1,250 hospitals to teach safe sleep practices
- Available in various styles from newborn to 5T
Top Customer Reviews
X-Small (Newborn) 5 to 10 lbs
Small (up to 6 months) 10 to 18 lbs
Medium (6-12 months) 16 to 24 lbs
Large (12-18 months) 22 to 28 lbs
X-Large (18-24 months) 26 to 36 lbs
SIZE AGE HEIGHT WEIGHT
Preemie Preemie 14"-19" (36-48 cm Birth-5 lbs (Birth-2.3 kg)
Newborn Birth to 3 mos 19"-23" (48-58 cm 6-12 lbs (2.7-5.5 kg)
Small Birth to 6 mos 23"-26" (58-66 cm 10-18 lbs (4.5-8 kg)
Medium 6 mos to 12 mos 26"-30" (66-76 cm 16-24 lbs (7-10 kg)
Large 12 mos to 18 mos 30"-35" (76-89 cm 22-28 lbs (9-12 kg)
X-Large 18 mos to 24 mos 35"- 40" (89 - 101 cm 26 - 36 lbs. (11-16 kg)
Anyways, I noticed some reviewers were concerned about them being sleeveless, but they're made that way on purpose so that your baby doesn't over heat. (If you check out any SIDS info, they'll tell you to make sure not to do that). And they do come in cotton as well, for warmer months, although, I didn't have a need to use them much in the summer. As for problems with a child using this when they're able to stand or move around, I too was concerned, but found that my son has no problem standing up in his crib and he can crawl around fine when wearing it. They are a bit pricey, but for the function it serves and the peace of mind I have with it, it's worth it. This is definitely one item I highly suggest for anyone with a child under 1 year.
PS- I couldn't find any sizes larger than medium at B-R-US, so I ordered my XL online thru sugarbearz.com. Hope this helps.
Our family love Sleepsacks and we consider them Volvos, because of their safety value::
(1) Reduces the possibility of SIDs - not necessary to have a quilt or blankets in the crib with your baby when he/she is in a sleepsack.
(2) Soothes fussy babies - my nephews and nieces were always ready for Mr. Sandman as soon as they are in their sleepsacks - probably because of the "cocoon"-like feeling (so similar to their time in their mommy's womb).
They can roll around (once they are older, of course) and still sleep through the night safely, so you can get some sleep too without worrying about potential dangers in the crib.
Get 3 (2 small and 1 either Medium or Large) and you should be good to go. The newborn size is better suited for preemies. The choice for Medium or Large is negotiable because babies grow at different rates.
Remember, this is a blanket, not pajamas. You still have baby wear her PJ's with the blanket. And there's no sleeves on blankets, that's why there's no sleeves on these.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We got a lot of use out of this sleep sack. Its a very safe alternative to blankets and used this right up until my little guy was getting a bit too tall for them, around 1 year of... Read morePublished 5 hours ago by Powered by Coffee & Wine
First fleece swaddle purchase. Nice heavier fabric-- will use in cooler months.Published 3 days ago by Amazon Customer
Great product for kids who roll around a lot overnight! We got an XL for our 18-month old and it's way long, but it gives him extra length to stand up and hang out in the crib in... Read morePublished 5 days ago by Colorado girl
This has been perfect to send to school with my infant for naps. It is well made, soft, and has held up to frequent washing. It keeps her warm but is still breathable. Read morePublished 6 days ago by LittleTexasMama
I love the Halo SleepSacks Keeps my kid warm and safe. Zipper zips up so that I can change the diaper with out taking unzipping.Published 7 days ago by Brian
How I love to put the baby in this and tuck him in for a nap! This keeps him warm with no worries about him getting tangled up in a blanket. Read morePublished 8 days ago by JenniferD