Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Get $5 off book purchases over $20* Use promo code GIFTBOOK17 Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Tim and Faith Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Dot Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Sleeping Beauties: Newborns in Dreamland
Format: Hardcover|Change

on April 26, 2010
While literally thousands of photographers attempt to make a career of photographing babies, only a small percentage have the combined talent and skills needed to style, light, and capture just the right moment. Tracy Raver and Kelley Ryden are clearly two creative photographers who have not only mastered natural light photography but also the difficult task of photographing newborns.

Although each image is carefully styled, the babies look very relaxed and natural. The simple, tasteful design of the book draws you into the loveliness of each and every one. The quotes are poignant and not at all overused. As a professional photographer and designer, I was truly inspired and will admire the images again and again for their purity, creativity, and beauty.
on October 22, 2013
I knew this was going to be beautiful, but it even EXCEEDED my espectations! These babies are all so very beautiful. They are truly Sleeping Beauties. Also, there are little sayings written by famous people. I am so happy I got this. I plan on buying every year, now!
on May 6, 2010
This is a lovely coffee table book, filled with photos of adorable babies along with various quotes from notables concerning the beauty and innocence of babies.
Of course the poses are contrived, most portraits are. Each page will have you saying "aaaaahhh, that's my favorite" until you turn the page and amend your statement to "no, this one is my favorite". It is the perfect gift for the new mom or mother-to-be. I've purchased three copies and am now back for more. For $20, you can't go wrong with this gift.
on March 18, 2011
This book is absolutely beautiful. I'm a photographer and pregnant with my first child. I ordered the book for inspiration and ideas for photographing my own baby. I was hoping there would be some info regarding techniques the photographers use but there really isn't much. Hopefully they'll do a book talking more about the best techniques for getting these kinds of images of newborns. Regardless I love the book - it's larger than I thought it would be. It's a lovely coffee table book filled with beautiful, inspiring images.
on May 14, 2010
Great book! Saw an interview on Today with the photographers and it looked great. My daughter-in-law is expecting a baby soon, and I KNEW the book is what I wanted to give my son and daughter-in-law as a baby gift. Other grandma gifts will come after little grandson arrives.

Really lovely pix with heart warming quotes on the facing page. Some made me cry.
If you are a mother or father, this is a must have!
on October 2, 2013
This helps me keep my life and my three girls straight. I just love babies and am super happy to see a super cute one every time I open my planner to add something to my crazy schedule. Love it!
on December 8, 2012
I collect lifelike Babydolls and I love photography. I have Anne Geddes and her work, I admire Anne Geddes and I purchased a lot of her books and items, including her baby fashions. Anne Geddes will always be Number 1, but I have to say " Sleeping Beauties" is a very good book.
on April 21, 2016
Beautiful book, glad to have it.
on March 18, 2016
Thank you.
on March 3, 2014
Must buy for baby shower, or whatever. Keep a baby on your eyeballs every month. So sweet and cute. Yes, it calms you down as you see them sleeping.