Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Sleepy Kittens (Despicable Me) Board book – May 19, 2010
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
There is NOT a little brush that comes out of the book, like in the movie, but it's still a lot of fun. The little kitties are finger puppets like in the movie.
And even though it's supposed to be the epitome of an awful bedtime story, in truth, kids often like the simple stories that we adults find to be drivel, and I was surprised to agree that it makes a fairly good bedtime story that my son enjoyed.
- The kittens are flat, cheap pieces of felt that don't look or feel fuzzy at all. If there had been a brush, I don't know what you would have brushed.
- They don't look like kittens either. Just two pieces of felt, cheaply stitched together.
- The pages do not each have 3 holes for the kittens to go through, like in the movie. That was the cutest part about the book in the movie; that the puppets were integral to each scene in the book. After all, when the father in the movie made his own puppet book, he made a hole for his nose, right? Instead, there are those three flat pieces of felt attached to the last page.
- The drawings inside do not match those from the movie. In basic color and design, yes, but they are not the same.
- Since there is no brush, and the puppets are pretty darn stiff, and they don't go through each page to form part of the scene, you really wonder why you have your fingers in them at all.
- They are so stiff that the kittens can hardly "drink the milk"!
I like the book too, but I wish it was as nice as the one in the movie. This one doesn't have the three large holes and nice sock kittens for your fingers. The kittens on this book are made from some sort of cheap felt-like material that I don't believe will hold up if this becomes a favorite of your child's - and I believe it will - it's already a favorite of my daughter, Serenity. It was a little difficult to maneuver the puppets too and Serenity had a little bit of a hard time getting her fingers in the puppets.
It also doesn't have the little brush like the book in the movie. Not a really big deal, but Serenity did ask about it and told me she wishes her book had a brush too. She just ended up using her finger to brush the kitten's fur.
In all it's a sweet little bedtime story, but I wish the book was the nicer spiral-bound board book that was in the movie. I'm giving it only 4-stars because it's so cheaply made.
Maybe a nicer book will be released later on?
Overall, for the price, it's a good book. And I'm sure the changes made to the book helped keep the price reasonable. Even so, a part of me wishes they'd come out with a "deluxe" version that is identical to the one in the movie... I'd gladly pay an extra 5 or 10 dollars for one.
Still, my girls like the story, and my 3 year old always asks me to read it in Gru's voice, which makes her laugh. For us, it was definitely worth the buy.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book is awesome. The bad reviews are from people who don't understand life.Published 7 days ago by Evin Pousson
I love this, but it is not as seen on the Despicable Me Movie also the cats are made different. There is no brushPublished 11 days ago by Amazon Customer
we read this every night. i wish the puppets were made from a better quality material. they are really scratchy and don't move as nice as they should.Published 20 days ago by js
My daughter loves this story. Very cute! I would highly recommend this book.Published 1 month ago by what's the diff
Had to buy the book after seeing the movie! It's really cute. A must have for kids AND adultsPublished 1 month ago by ChicStylishGirl
It does not come with brush so I was and my granddaughter was disappointed . It says like the book from the movie but it was not. Other that that no complaintsPublished 1 month ago by Liz A.