Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon

Size: Custom: Up to 48" waist|Color: 91|Change
Price:$36.00 - $45.00

Showing 1-10 of 1,946 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,160 reviews
on November 16, 2014
There is two parts to this product, the buckle and the "leather" belt strap. If I could rate them individually I would give the buckle 5 stars and the strap 1 star. The buckle is very clean looking, works well, and I love how the outer edge of the buckle is how you release/tighten the belt as apposed to other brands that have a small leaver you have to push. The belt strap on the other hand is very low quality. They say it is genuine leather and if it is then it is the lowest quality leather I have ever seen. When looking at the end of the belt strap it appears that they have laminated the top of the leather with vinyl or some other material to give it a smooth back finish. My biggest problem with the belt is when you look at the front side you can see a noticeable outline where they have glued in/attached the ratcheting teeth. I don't know if the full grain leather version of this belt (which is actually what I though I had bought) would be better but if I had to do it again I would probably only buy the buckle and get another brands ratcheting strap.
review image review image
66 comments| 165 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2014
I ordered the 'Winged Gunmetal Buckle with Black Leather' belt less than a month ago and it arrived on time and was neatly packaged in a cool box. There were instructions in the box that explained how to trim the belt to fit your waist line as well as attaching the buckle to the belt. These are the only good things I can really say about it.

The 'Black Leather' belt hardly felt like real leather, it felt like premium cardboard and that's about as nicely as I can put it. The buckle looked and felt nice but I was fooled by its aesthetics. You can say the buckle was honeypotting me because I haven't had the belt for even a month and the buckle snapped in half. It tricked me into thinking that I wasn't paying so much for the quality of the belt but for the quality of the buckle. I've used plastic knives at picnics that were stronger than the belt buckle.

I thought the zip tie like feature of tightening the belt was a unique and cool concept. I also remember seeing the kickstarter page for this a while back right after it's funding ended. I'm glad they were successfully funded and were able to get their product out to the public. However, for $40 a belt, I was expecting it to be more durable and with higher quality. It was advertised as "Creating a belt that can handle the worst you can throw at it and look good doing it". I'm sending it back to hopefully get a refund.
review image
33 comments| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2012
First, as other reviewers here, I am 100% pleased and satisfied with this belt. It is high quality, looks great, works great, plus very nicely packed by the seller, complete with a little "thank you" note upon opening!

Now, a note on sizing. I had somewhat pessimistically ordered too large a size. I was on the verge of returning the belt for an exchange, when it dawned on me, due to the way this belt is constructed, it was easy to cut off a few inches of leather and make it the right size.

The key to this is: the buckle hardware is independent of the belt, in fact, for the first use, you're expected to attach it yourself, very easy, with a hinged plate with sharp teeth that bite into and secure the leather. That edge of the leather is then hidden inside the buckle hardware, so doesn't need a nice, finished edge. I just carefully cut off a few inches of leather, being sure to keep a nice straight edge, reattached the buckle hardware, and voila! perfect sized belt.

I doubt if the manufacturer recommends this... and it will surely void your return privileges [November 2012: please see comment] if you make a mess of it. But, if you're willing to trust your handiwork and find you ordered too large a size, this is an option. It worked well for me.

Update: August 2014
The current Amazon listing for this belt now makes it clear that it is intended for self-sizing. In the original Amazon page, it wasn't so stated. Also, as a side note, the belt is still looking and working great after 2+ years, in particular no problems at all with the ratchet mechanism, so very pleased with the longevity at this point.
77 comments| 226 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 23, 2015
GREAT idea and works great so far, but the 'paint' quality is horrible. I've only been using this belt for about 2 weeks, and in that time, the paint has been destroyed on this belt just from the pants button. I've never owned a belt that has even chipped the paint off, and it's hard to believe that it only took 2 weeks for it to happen. Also, the entire buckle feels shaky.

The belt portion isn't all that bad. It's flimsy feeling, and it's kind of warped, but it still works fine so far.

I love the idea, and will continue to use the belt, but the quality of the actual buckle is kinda bad.

Lowering this to a 1 star. The 2nd clasp they sent me is also chipping away. Also the belt is now very oddly warped, and the black on teh belt has turned tan. The quality is horrible.
review image review image
on May 19, 2015
I was excited about this belt when I got it and for the first few weeks but... the buckle falls off when/if it hits the floor. I trimmed more material thinking it might help but it didn't. Not a big fan of this one. I did not contact the manufacturer regarding this.
on September 27, 2016
At first I really liked this belt. I don't wear it often, maybe 3 or 4 times a month. I noticed after the first 6 months that the leather would tear where the belt attaches to the buckle. The belt would then pop out of the buckle. I shortened the belt, but it seemed to only last a few wears, and it would begin coming undone again. At this point the belt will not stay attached to the buckle for even a few hours, and I have trimmed so much off of the belt that it is almost to short for me. I wouldn't recommend this belt, and I will probably buy a conventional belt in the near future.
on March 5, 2014
Let me start off by saying, if I would had reviewed this belt the first week I bought it, I would had given it 5 stars. I decided to wait, and i'm glad I did. Since I' did originally like the belt, I'll start off with the pros.

Pros: This belt looks fantastic, very stylish! No holes to rip and make the belt useless.

Also because of no holes, you get a better, more secure fit. Ever have a belt where one hole was too tight, but the other hole felt too loose? Well, because of the locking mechanism, you won't have that trouble anymore, perfect fit.

Speaking of perfect fit, if you lose weight, you do not need to buy another belt, you can just cut some of the leather off the end, where the buckle clips on, to make it smaller.

Cons: First, I had a horrible time with the buckle staying fastened to the leather. Almost every time I would release the belt, the buckle would go falling to the ground. This wasn't a huge deal breaker for me. It's just kinda annoying that I would have to refasten the buckle onto the leather pretty much on a daily basis.

This brings me to my biggest complaint. The quality of leather just doesn't seem up to par. Maybe its not the quality of leather, but the split leather that is the trouble. Having to refasten the belt buckle seemed to eventually tear away at the top layer of leather. Today, after now owning this belt for only a month, that top layer of leather, where the spikes of the buckle fasten, ripped off. Because of this, the leather is now not thick enough for the for the buckle to fasten. Now this is a fixable problem. I'm going to cut an inch off the end of the belt and it should be ok again, but if it only lasts another month, i'm either going to have to start losing weight, or buy a different belt. The reason I bought a $40 belt was so I wouldn't have to replace it as often.

Lastly, the buckle was getting caught at the end of the belt, just past the built in plastic locking strip. Eventually it stopped getting caught, as it tore a big chuck of leather out of the belt (on which it was getting caught on). This is on the underside, and no one will ever see it, but still annoying nonetheless.

I really, really want to like this belt for the pros I listed, but the cons are making it not worth the trouble, unfortunately.
on October 11, 2016
Updated review: After reading my original review, the company reached out to me and offered to replace my belt at no charge. They sent me a new one with a buckle that actually fits the belt. They also included a prepaid envelope to return the original belt and buckle. I would give this belt five stars, but I'm dropping it a star because they sent a faulty buckle originally. Other than that, pretty happy with this belt and buckle combo. Comfortable, adjustable, and looks good with whatever I wear it with--including jeans.

Original review: Well, it looks nice, but it doesn't hold hold my pants up. The buckle lets the belt open spontaneously with any amount of pressure (even when I'm not wearing it), which sort of defeats the purpose of a belt. Total waste of money. The problem appears to be that the belt is much too thin for the buckle. There's a sizable gap behind the leather, which allows it to pop up and release instead of holding the belt shut. My son owns a similar belt made by a company that went on "Shark Tank." That one appears to actually work. Mad at myself for buying this one instead of that one.
on April 15, 2015
I bought the Slidebelt and it worked well for a year. The rachet system was very cool and the buckle looked nice until it was scratched. Then the belt kept slipping out of the buckle. Somehow the buckle's grip may be loosening, but it wasn't a big problem.
The deal breaker came after a year where the leather belt developed a huge crack across the width threatening to cut the belt off. It's a real disappointment how the poor quality of the leather ruined otherwise a cool belt. If you are set on buying, pay double the price of normal leather and get the premium leather version of the belt.
review image review image review image
on December 14, 2014
This is my all-time favorite belt. It's just a better design. The belt works so its one-size-fits-all. I had no problem with cutting it. I have been wearing it for a few months everyday with my suit and the buckle itself does have the black chip off. This kind of thing would usually bother me, but it hasn't whatsoever. Maybe I'll get a black sharpie or spray-can it one weekend. The leather belt itself still looks new. I would definitely recommend.

Pros
One-SIze-Fits-All
Professional
Functional
Ability to mix-match

Con
- Black chips easily
- Price could be better, but it's quality.

Buy it. $40 was a lot for a belt for me, but I can't imagine a better belt anymore. Maybe if they could work on another coating of paint on the next design, but 10/10. I haven't dealt with the customer service, so I can not comment on that. I don't know why you would need customer service for a belt except if you cut it too short, but I hear from other reviewers that they are pretty good about that.
review image review image review image review image review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.