|Sale:||$45.00 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. FREE Returns. Details|
|You Save:||$30.00 (40%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- INCREDIBLY COMFORTABLE FIT - No holes ratchet belt means you can precisely adjust your belt to the perfect fit.
- SIMPLE TO USE - Our easy to use buckle makes adjusting your belt effortless and it can be easily interchanged with our straps.
- CUSTOM SIZES - Say farewell to "in-between" sizes. Quickly and easily trim down the strap to your exact waist size.
- STYLISH GENUINE LEATHER - Our distinctive buckle and our high quality genuine leather provide the finishing touch to your outfit.
- SIZING - Each belt fits up to a 44" waist. Leather straps are 1-1/4" wide. Buckles are 1-5/8" wide x 3-1/2" long.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What is a SlideBelts brand ratchet belt? It's a leather belt that lets you freely adjust your belt size without the limitation of holes in the leather. In fact, there are no holes at all! A tab in the buckle catches on a row of notches sewn onto the underside of the leather, allowing for over 30 size options with 1/4" (6.35 mm) between adjustments. All SlideBelts come with a belt strap that can be trimmed to your exact waist size. The full length of one of our straps fits a 44" (112 cm) waist size. All buckles are completely removable and interchangeable with compatible SlideBelts products. Try SlideBelts out and see why there's no reason to poke holes in a perfectly good piece of leather.
- Product Dimensions: 6.6 x 4.4 x 1.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B00J3Z99KU
- Item model number: BlackMatteBlack
- Date first available at Amazon.com: March 19, 2014
- Average Customer Review:
From the Manufacturer
Simple. Stylish. Sliding.
Just because we have a nifty buckle doesn’t mean we’re willing to let style go by the wayside. For the 8 years that we’ve sold belts without holes, we’ve been constantly improving our buckle to create a clean, minimalist look without the ugly lever and bulky mechanism of a normal ratchet belt. We want your belt to look good, feel good, and be easy and intuitive to use.
Top Customer Reviews
I'll start with the weight loss part. When you get this belt, it's a very long belt made to be cut shorter for the perfect fit. While you may start at a larger size than you'd like, you can trim the belt down to size as you lose weight and it'll still fit just as snug as before. And, if you slip and put on a few pounds to where it's too small - send it back and they'll give you a new one. Even if you just cut it too short they'll still send you a new one.
As for looking for the perfect fit. As the description says, it has a bunch of different sizes each 1/4" apart. So, for those that always seem to be in between sizes for a belt (or those who stretch out a hole in the belt to become between sizes), you should have no issues. The way this belt latches in place, you should never have to worry about your belt showing signs of wear that typical belts will show.
The only part of this belt that takes some getting used to is the clicking. If you size the belt to where you are on the smaller range of sizes, you'll end up hearing upwards of 20 clicks before you get to your size. It's a slightly foreign sound in the bathroom, but once you get used to it you probably won't notice it anymore - it's definitely worth the tradeoff for all the other positives of this belt.
UPDATE 7/15/15: I just contacted SlideBelts and they indicated that the Matte Black is more prone to scratching than their other buckle finishes, such as Black. They are exchanging my scratched buckle for an new buckle in Graphite, which offers the best scratch resistance (along with Brass and Zinc). This exchange is postage prepaid, so my cost is zero. This represents outstanding customer support and I have no reservations about changing my rating to 5 stars.
It consists of 2 main parts, the solid but not overly large metal belt buckle and the leather belt itself.
The tapered (nice) end of the leather belt has a plastic "ratchet" panel embedded on its unfinished inside -- this is what engages with the buckle and allows you to quickly "buckle" the belt in any of dozens of closely-spaced positions spanning a range of about 6 inches in total, not just in one of half a dozen widely-spaced punched holes. The other (flat) end of the belt is the end that the wearer trims to a bit longer than the "right" length using scissors. To make things easy, the inside of the belt has line markings every inch near the end, so you can easily trim it to a known length if you want. IIRC, my belt was at least 46" long before I started trimming (it might have been longer, like 50" - don't quite remember). Scissors work fine to cut the belt, even though it's a single (not bonded) piece of leather, and so should hold up well to stresses.
One end of the metal buckle has a rotating "bear-trap-style" toothed jaw to anchor the square end of the leather belt. Once the belt has been trimmed to roughly the right length, just rotate open the jaw, slide in the belt end, and rotate the jaw closed, locking the belt end in place.
Use of the belt couldn't be easier. To "buckle" it, just slide the tapered end into the buckle just under the outer plate. You'll shortly feel/hear a slight "ratcheting" noise -- just let go the buckle and the belt will stay closed at that position. To tighten further, just pull the tapered end further; to loosen or remove the belt, pull the buckle end's outer plate outward, releasing the ratchet and allowing the belt to be moved backward.
Here is my breakdown of pros & cons:
- More durable in my case than any other belt I've owned
- Cut-to-fit. I start out a little long and if starts to wear near the buckle, I just snip it off and re-insert the belt part.
- Size adjustment is pretty granular, so you can get just the right fit when tightening it around your waist.
- Can also buy just the leather portion without the buckle when your old one does finally fail.
- The finish on my old gunmetal buckle started to chip, but since I never tuck in my shirt, I really didn't care.
- On my old belt, the latch that holds in the leather would occasionally flip open causing the buckle to detatch and the belt to come apart. But the latch feels much more secure so far on the new belt. Not sure if that will fade over time. With the old belt I resorted to putting 2 drops of super glue in there to help hold it together. It worked, but when I needed to remove it, it required a little extra force to get open. It was an acceptible workaround for me with the old belt, but I'm hoping my new one doesn't have the same issue.
- I have occasionally nudged the release lever while doing various things which causes the belt to loosen a bit. (maybe 2-3 times over the year)
The cons certainly are not enough to keep me from purchasing this product, but it was enough to deduct one star.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Best belt I've ever owned and I will be buying a brown belt and maybe a couple extra buckles as well. Easy to size and just a solid belt. Thank you.Published 4 days ago by Mr. Jones
It's a great idea. No more sizing your belt and trying to put an extra hole in it. Easy to open and close. Seems to be of good quality leather as well.Published 4 days ago by Farshad M.
We love our slide belts. My boyfriend loves his and got one for his Dad for Father's day. His Dad called the next day to say how much he liked it. Read morePublished 27 days ago by KateMay
Excellent packaging, exactly what I ordered and expected. This is my third SlidebeltPublished 1 month ago by Toddhill
I got one for both me and my husband and we just love them. Easy to adjust and doesn't wear out like regular belts.Published 1 month ago by Julie L Thelen
Looks good, works well. I wish I would have bought more when they were on sale.
Belt is cut to size, and using the ratchet allows a very comfortable and exact fit.