Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

• Customer reviews

on September 8, 2017
I'm very please with this tripod. The operation is solid, smooth and precise. And I was very tempted to give this 5 stars but was not able to due to the camera mount screw being an exposed flat head screw that requires either a coin or small flat edge to tighten it up to the camera. They really should have put a knurled wheel around this screw so that you could hand tighten it to your camera base. Most people do have coins with them and can readily fish one out of their pocket/book to tighten the screw. But iI think it's a bit short-sighted on SLIK's part as even my 50 year old tripod incorporated this means to easily hand tighten and anchor the screw to the camera base..
The tripod finish is terrific, smooth and satin-like as the material lends itself to being strong yet lightweight (about 3 lbs.). The legs and feet are quickly and fully adjustable for most any length and surface I think you'll encounter. The small bubble balance is visible and should prove to be of assistance if you're inclined to wonder about your camera's level. The lever and crank to pivot, adjust as well as swivel is just what you would expect in operating smoothly and supporting any viewing angle you desire.
I use this with a Canon EOS Rebel series and as it supports that weight just fine and am sure it would support quite a bit heavier of equipment as well. Overall I'm please with this tripod and think it was a good investment.
on August 3, 2014
This is not for professionals, but if you have a consumer level video camera, this would be the way to go. Much better than getting a tripod that costs more than your camcorder. You can find less expensive tripods out there, but they probably won't have a fluid head, which will make your videos jerky when you first move the camera. The head on this one is not truly a fluid head like the ones on more expensive tripods, but you can make it act like one if you make it loose enough. The only thing I didn't like about it is that there is no way to lock the legs if they are not fully widened. But the rubber feet allow me to use it without slippage even if I don't have the legs all the way out. Overall a pretty good buy for the price.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on May 24, 2014
When I bought the U212 I was looking for a tripod that would offer the greatest amount of versatility. I had been working on a team that developed training materials for the State Department. My career as a photographer began filming mass casualty training scenarios. The action was fast; while free hand was sometimes required, since there was a lot of movement, when ever possible I would use a tripod.

I fell in love with the 212 the first time I was fortunate to use it. Be forewarned, the documentation that comes with the tripod is sparse to say the least. When they say "professional" I guess that means you should already know how to use a multi function tripod. Don't be scared off by this. You should be able to figure it out. But some of the features are hidden. In fact, I still seem to find features or ways to do things that I hadn't seen or figured out before.

The best thing about this tripod is that it looks so cool. You'll be proud to take it out where ever you find yourself. Knowing that when you have a cool looking tripod not only do you look cool you'll look like a pro as well.
on January 3, 2016
I selected this tripod after reading reviews of others at a similar price point. My previous Slik tripod seemed well made and I got a lot of good use out of it until lending it to my daughter, after which it was never seen again. This U8000 seems to be well made also. I'm a casual photographer so I don't need lots of bells and whistles and this tripod works well for my needs which are primarily still photography. It extends tall enough for a 6ft person and seems quite stable for still photography. The hardware seems solid and unlikely to break without abuse. Overall a good general purpose tripod for the amateur photographer.
on January 17, 2013
Amazon and the manufacture both did a very good job describing this tripod. I feel I got exactly what I expected. A good steady tripod with lots of features and flexibility. I especially appreciate the crank on the center column, and the quick release for the camera. I will mostly just use one camera on this tripod, but of you have two or more that you will switch back and forth, an extra "quick post" for each camera would be a great idea. I originally bought a smaller Slik tripod, but I returned it. It was a good tripod, butt was to light for my needs. This tripod might be a bit heavy to lug around all day, but it won't let me down when it is time to put it to use.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
I purchased this to replace a Slik tripod that was purchased about 40 years ago. I loved my original and can say that the new product does not disappoint! It actually has more adjustments than my original did. It is very sturdy and I love the different motions that you can put it through while still feeling like your camera is secure. I use this with a Nikon D90 and have had no issues with it.

I would definitely recommend this!
on May 13, 2017
I've had a lot of tripods but when I finally got a Slik it was by far my favorite and it lasted for several years then random things started breaking. I was actually kind of disappointed in its durability, but as far as its overall functionality it was so good that I bought another one. I'm going to be a bit more gentle with this one hoping it will last longer.
on January 1, 2014
Fantastic material combination that kept my Tripod working mostly outdoors for 32 years. I finally bought a new one and the old one will see its last days going to Puerto Rico on vacation with me for two months, then the trash. Truly the very best product I have used over the years. This pod has been outside on my Florida condo deck along the ICW (salt water) waterway for months at a time as I take a lot of photos from there throughout the year. This new one is upgraded with lockdowns that look even more sturdy and wether resistent. Truly a great product that is built better than any Item I have ever owned... It has seen 6 upgraded cameras and a Nikon Scope. Now, Im sure, the new one will outlive me. bobt
2 helpful votes
on September 22, 2010
I was afraid that this tripod was going to be a little better version of something I could buy at walmart or best buy, but i am pleasantly surprised. First off the tripod has a little weight to it, but I actually like that. Mass seems to help counteract movement. Second I couldn't tell if the legs were all co joined to the center post like most cheap tripods or if they could move independently. They can and I quite like the locking mechanism. You can bring these legs completely parallel to the ground even. There is also a thread on one of the legs so that when you bring it low you can remove the head and place the head on the leg and have a stand that is darn near sitting on the ground if you want. Very Very stable. And although I can see where people would say that the thread adapter that is screwed into the camera could get lost, I don't see how if you place it back into the tripod and lock it down. I actually like the locking design because rather than relying on the connection of a plate to the camera then the plate to the tripod, this system takes a stud and them uses a cam-lock to pull the stud down tight making the direct connection between the head and the camera base with no middleman. Now maybe over time that cam lock will begin to loosen then I might be concerned,but I don't see it happening right away. All in all well build and in my opinion better engineering (especially in the leg system) than some of the other brands I've played around with.
2 helpful votes
on April 5, 2007
Very pleased with the tripod - it has a very nice silky feel to the catches and threads that hold the head in place. I wouldn't call it 'heavy duty' by any stretch, but it can handle my Nikon D50 with a Nikkor 70-300mm zoom on it, without much problem.

I have used a video tripod with my camera and it kept everything pretty tight and steady, for even long night-time shots. This one does the same, but isn't as heavy or bulky to carry.

However, if you have an older, heavier camera or use heavier lenses, this might not be for you. For all-purpose serious amateur use with modern cameras, it's fine. Pretty lightweight for travelling and fits very nicely in the bag, which I also bought (from separate Amazon vendor).

Minor irritations - I probably could use a few more inches on this, as I'm 6' 2", but it's manageable. Also screw plate that fixes to the camera needs to be screwed down quite tightly to prevent movement. Otherwise all fine so far - very happy with the product and vendor.
37 helpful votes