Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Get $5 off book purchases over $20* Use promo code GIFTBOOK17 Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Tim and Faith Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Dot Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 5, 2011
the slim fast diet really works as long as you can get past the first week. I lost 18 lbs in 2 weeks and kept it off. And I am lazy and never exercise.
on November 9, 2011
I really loved these for weight maintenance. The drinks tasted great and the cans were very convenient. I could toss them into my purse, briefcase or luggage. I am ordering another shipment specifically for the cans. I tried the "New Improved" gimmick in the bottles. I don't like them. I.m not certian that the formula changed with the advent of the bottles, but the volume went down and the price went up. The bottles are awkward. I'm on the hunt for a replacement because I won't pay more for less of something I that doesn't taste good in a package that is no longer practical. Slim Fast really blew this marketing ploy. If they wanted to offer a different formula then they should add to their products rather than losing loyal customers. I suppose the Marketing Department Manager is too young to remember the 1985 New Coke fiasco?
on September 12, 2011
Bought this and the vanilla flavor in hopes of a "quick fix" diet. It is fortified and is helpful for getting your daily vitamins and minerals. It didn't personally work for me as a meal replacement, but it helped when I wanted a snack between meals and/or had a sweet tooth. I suggest storing this in the fridge as it tastes better when cold and best if you have the time to blend it with ice into a smoothie of sorts. Downside to this product is that it's really sweet, so I diluted with a half cup of water each time. It also isn't high in protein, which helps keep you full so you can either add in a scoop of whey protein (though, this adds on more calories) or just try a flavored protein drink instead. Overall, I didn't think this product helped me stay full or feel satiated while on my quick diet. I definitely don't recommend this as a long term dietary supplement because whole foods for the same amount of calories can sustain you longer (and for much cheaper!)
on July 7, 2010
I really like the flavor of this Slim Fast. I have lost 12 pounds in the past 2 weeks by following this plan (actually, I skip the 2 snacks they recommend, I just haven't been hungry, so eating those snacks would probably have made me lose a little less weight). I realize that's a high number for 2 weeks, but usually the beginning is where you lose the most weight and it slows down from there.
I started using it as a meal replacement for 2 meals because my beloved 15-year-old cat (my son/best friend!) got really sick about a month ago and I started not eating anything, which is SO NOT good for you. I decided I needed SOMETHING in my stomach, and if I was too busy taking care of him, then I should use Slim Fast as a meal replacement plan. Tastes nice and smooth, not chalky.
on April 7, 2011
I absolutely love Slim-Fast Cappuchino Delight to replace my morning coffee, which I used to have with a fattening bagel. I got this idea from another reviewer and just love it! After I freeze strong left-over unsweetened coffee in the ice cube tray, I put 4 or 5 cubes with 1 can of Cappuchino Delight Slim-Fast into the blender and blend until the cubes are gone. The result is 2 cups of delicious coffee milk-shake for breakfast! No bagel needed or wanted! The ice cubes cut down a little on the sweetness, so it's just right for a breakfast drink and very satisfying.

Amazon has been out of the Cappuchino Delight flavor of Slim-Fast for quite some time. I hope they are not intending to discontinue it. Please, Amazon, re-stock this product. I am running out!
on August 9, 2011
I'm a guy... and this is supposed to be a meal supplement. Well, it doesn't fill my body up. It's a really good dessert after a long workout, or a quick "breakfast". I'm not sure if I can totally replace 2 meals with just this 11-ounce can.

The chocolate tastes awesome. I also tried all the other flavor, even the Cappuccino Delight, which was supposed to be awesome, too. Other flavors have weird after taste which I can't really explain why. The chocolate was the only good one in my opinion.

I'm a pretty normal 5'10" guy, and 1 can will hold me over until lunch time... but I just tend to use it as a dessert.

Highly recommend the Rich Chocolate Royale, other flavors are meh.
on February 25, 2011
The slim fast drink is supposed to be just that, a replacement meal with a sensible dinner, and fast! However how can one expect to be satisfied by a drink, instead of lunch or breakfast? If your trying to lose weight, it might be best to wait until your used to eating "less" because just cutting out two meals a day right off the bat, is neither healthy nor easy.

On the bright side, the drink doesn't taste bad, it does leave an after taste of vitamins but its masked by the flavor mostly.

I'm going to choose to continue eating healthy instead of cutting out meals. This drink is nearly 200 calories, its convenient for people on the go with no time to make breakfast, but if you have time, eat egg whites with peppers and onions or whatever else you may want in there is nearly half the calories and twice as filling!
on September 24, 2011
First the product itself as a drink/protein shake taste very good - I have no issues there. BEWARE however that Amazon must be receiving all the product that didnt pass visual inspection from the manufacturing line. Better than 1/3 of the total cans in this shipment were bent, damaged, dented or otherwise deformed. I fulled checked the amazon shipping box and it shows no signs of damage or distress so this must have occured prior to shipping from Amazon to myself. So far I have not found any of the damaged cans to be so badly damaged that their seal broke - but being this is essentially milk in a can non-refrigerated - it can be a bit concerning.
on November 2, 2011
I enjoy a slim-fast every morning before my workout and it holds me until lunch time. I've been using this product for 5 years now and never experienced any problems. In fact, when I started to use slim-fast it was to lose 15 lbs. I lost the weight in 3-4 weeks following the slim-fast plan. I wasn't over weight to begin with, but wanted to get rid of my baby weight after 5 years. I was 5'5 and weighed 130 lbs before I started the plan. After 3-4 weeks, I lost the 15 lbs by having 2 shakes a day. Once I lost the weight, I started working out to tone my body and now I only have a shake a day. Today, my weight is 118 -120 lbs mostly muscle weight and I am very pleased with my results.
VINE VOICEon March 12, 2008
I've been drinking these for about 4 years now, usually 1 a day, and they work pretty well for weight maintenance. When trying to lose weight, I will usually substitute one meal a day with a Slim Fast - breakfast or lunch. I also have these for breakfast a lot, simply because I can grab one from the fridge and drink it in 30 seconds, which is great when I'm in a hurry, and because I always make sure to eat something for breakfast.

Usually however, I drink these in the mornings before a run so that I will have some food in my body to fuel the run. Since it is basically a liquid, it doesn't upset my stomach if I drink it right before I head out the door.

I can't attest to the other flavors, but Rich Chocolate Royale tastes fairly decently. I never crave the taste of a Slim Fast, and I am not fooled into thinking I am drinking a milkshake, but they do taste pretty good.

Finally, the great thing about Slim Fast is the nutritional makeup. It has 6g of fat, which can be misleading since an amazing 3g of that is monounsaturated and polyunsaturated (good fats). The best part about slim Fast are the 5g of fiber and 10g of Protein in each can, which are very high amounts. This makes it great for a post run/workout drink as well.

My only problem with Slim Fast, is that one can is likely not going to be enough to work as a meal replacement for many people. It is just not enough food. I have heard if you try drinking it slowly it helps, but I usually find myself hungry a couple hours after drinking one. For people under 150 lbs it may be enough, but I would almost recommend two Slim Fasts as a meal replacement for anyone trying to lose a significant amount of weight. There is no way I could replace two meals a day with Slim Fasts (like their ads say), then have a "sensible" dinner. I would be starving. But it is a great product as a snack or before a workout.

Calories - 190
Fat - 6g (2.5g saturated)
Sodium - 200mg
Total Carbs - 24g
Fiber - 5g
Protein - 10g
33 comments| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.