Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 STEM Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Flavor: Original|Size: 0.28-Ounce Sticks (Pack of 100)|Change

Showing 1-10 of 915 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,140 reviews
VINE VOICEon December 1, 2015
I purchased the longer 24 pack. After I'd eaten a few I noticed some of the wrappers were empty. I don't know how many I had eaten so I'm not sure if the package was short or if these just stuck to the sticks that were counted. Additionally some of the sticks weren't sealed properly and I didn't feel comfortable eating them- at least EIGHT sticks had this issue and were thrown out because of it (see picture). Of the ones I did eat they tasted really oily- more so then the normal gas station slim jims. I almost think these packages were stored incorrectly (exposed to excess heat) accounting for the taste difference- and not for the better.
I ordered these in early October and the package sent had a best by date of December of that year.
I will not be buying these again.
review image
on October 17, 2014
My wife and I love these things...great snack on the go or to take on camping trips. Also made in the USA which is rare these days for beef sticks. I docked this purchase 1 star because you can buy the exact same product directly from Amazon (not sold by [blank] and fulfilled by Amazon) for about $7 less right now.

The link to the better price is below, but in case the link gets deleted by Amazon, just search for 0.28oz slim jim and you should see an item listed with (pack of 100) at the end of the description.

on January 20, 2013
I read all the reviews before ordering these...yes, ALL the reviews.

Qualities like texture, which I had never considered before, were discussed extensively. They gave me pause.

However, I'm really pleased with the product, which was neither too leathery nor too soft, neither too few nor including empty packets. They are not as large as the retail sizes, but they provide one with the power of portion control. One can always decide to eat three. One can get more exercise if one forces ones self to get up for each individual piece.

I believe that the sticks which are "too soft" are simply not cooked enough. That is my experience with cooking actual sausages, like Little Smokies. So if you are one of those unfortunate souls who ended up with a box of mushy Slim Jims, before you throw them out or give them to the raccoons, try unwrapping a few and putting them in a toaster oven (or oven) for a little while on a low setting. It may work for you, and it is better than being besieged by hopeful raccoons for the rest of your life. Freecycle could also work. Maybe there could be local exchanges for Amazon customers with these challenges?

If you are one of the wretched unfortunates who has received the harder, leatherier sort, well ...you could ship them to me. Or donate to a food bank, or even drop them by the office or workplace of people you especially like. Many people give the vet staff or the book store team cookies...you can be the Slim Jim HERO. All the low-carb folks will sing your praises. Everyone in the office will be marginally less cranky. You could send them through the tubes at the bank drive through. IMAGINE the joy you could spread....

Since I am happy with my lot, I don't get to do any of that. This time.
on October 21, 2015
FREAKING DELICIOUS! BUT SO BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH
When I was younger, I always found myself going to the nearby gas station and buying a few sticks of Slim Jim.
As I grew older, I forgot about these tasty treats until I saw a coworkers eating one then all the memories came back to me.
I am so pleased that I found these on Amazon since they're significantly cheaper than at the grocery store.

These Slim Jims come in a box so your snacks won't bend and snap.
I love the original flavor and I am going to try out the habanero and jalapeno ones
on August 20, 2015
Love em but as the photo shows the box arrived in poor shape.
review image
on July 21, 2015
I had been buying the Jack Links beef jerky in my neighborhood warehouse store but I didn't love it. The Slim Jims are nice low-carb snacks because they're delicious and salty but only have 4 carbs and they also have a little bit of spice to them which makes you feel like you're actually eating something tasty instead of just dried meat. Now I subscribe and save for these and the whole family loves them.
on February 13, 2016
We ordered these for a snack table at my son's wedding. They arrived promptly and were well packaged and fresh. We set out pretzels, sesame sticks, spiced nuts, Slim Jims, candies, Goldfish, popcorn, etc. along with little paper bags and scoops. This was a huge hit with everyone at the wedding! Of course, the Slim Jims were the first to go! We ordered everything we needed here on Amazon.
on September 2, 2014
These went into my pantry so I can get snacks when I don't feel like doing much else.

ADDED 7/26/15

After eating half a dozen or so of them in one evening, I discovered they were a few months out of date. I suffered no bad aftereffects by the next day, so I finished the box over the next ten days so I wouldn't waste my money.

The only negative aftereffect was that by avoiding waste, I increased a waist.

John
on September 2, 2016
YUM! love the tabasco flavored slim jims. I usually would get these from Sams club but the price on amazon and the fact that its tied to the amazon button makes it even more convienent. I am happy with these. They are fresh and arrive in a brown amazon box and then normal retail box for the slim jims. Will continue to buy, quick shipping. Great flavor
on January 30, 2013
I was looking for something low carb to keep in my purse to avoind breaking my atkins diet. This is my first time trying Slim Jim. Its convenient and tasty. It has a vinegary, meaty taste. For 3 carbs and 140 calories per giant stick, I eat one third for 1 carb and about 57 calories. Its a perfect snack. I have a total of one giant stick per day. My family members who aren't dieters love it too. We all choose mild to avoid the spicy heat. I couldn't find them in the grocery store, so I ordered online. I'm glad I tried it!